Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie: The development of the rotary was done outside of the race group. Mike Griffith and I both worked in the rotary group under George Miller. Jack Leek's race group consisted of Charlie Strang, Jack Leek, Clarence Blanchard, Paul Cobb, Don Henrich and Ray Wagner along with 6 or 8 technicians. Bob Nagotie and Jimbo actually worked in a different location and were more involved with the boats (ie: the goat boat). While the race group technicians assembled the rotaries, none of the design or development was done by them. Mark is correct in that OMC didn't have a dedicated test facility like Lake X. Lake Michigan was typically to rough to test tunnel boats and the local lakes frowned on race boats running 100+ MPH. Of course, both froze up in the winter. The test station in Stuart was on the intercostal and not really suitable for testing race boat either. Fl testing was done on the river above the locks. Jim Nerstrom and Don Kunney got involve with the 3 cylinder race engine, but again was directed under the outboard group. Kunney was promoted to chief Engineer and Nerstrom joined the race group as a development engineer after I left in '76. Prior to that development of the race engine was done by the outboard group, technical services (exhaust tuning) and the race group technicians. As I said before, OMC race development was go to the race a day or 2 ahead of time, run a couple of props and go race. Nobody believes me, but thats how it was when I was involved. Mark was also right about the noise of the rotary and its why I'm 3/4 deaf today. Manually adjusting carbs while in the dyno room running a 7000 was quit a thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been out turkey hunting the last 2 days. No success yet but I'm sure I'll nail a turkey sooner or later.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Johnno so your the odd degree deef, I also have "dodgy harkers" due to a mastoid arthritis when I was fourteen years old. We. Maybe have more in common than you think.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ears have "all gone Pete Tong" as well. I can't top "dodgy harkers" that's for sure. Good day Jackie.
    Dave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a head full of tales about our visit to the capital------longtime since I rode the rails in the UK. First thing I noticed was the absence of the"Diddly do--diddly dah" it's more like a Disney ride than a train journey, it's all so quiet? Most fellow travellers were either deep into their iPhones, iPads or computers. Arrived at Victoria station and took a cab to the Ritz-----very few people were actually speaking English but I definitely heard the native tongue occasionally.
    Was greeted by a gold liveried doorman who held the cab door open with his right hand whilst he opened his palm on the left hand in a nonchalant kinda way, then made a fist and coughed loudly.Naturally I didn't bite, Jilly and I walked into the foyer which was like stepping back in time, Jesus wept, I have to say, I doubt if there are many such places left in the world today, this is reminiscent of a bygone era!! Piano player tickling the keys of the Steinway in the foyer, all the waiters and the Matre de in red waistcoats and tails, five waiters to a table. Glass of Dom Perignon, mandatory of course. Choice of 20 different teas, ranging from Orange Pekoe to Darjeerling Premier and all points between. Floral arrangements must have cost a kings ransom------bet you never had sandwiches like these-----three inches by one, each cut exactly to size, twelve in all until one of the waiters brought another twelve, hot scones and strawberry jam with clotted Devon cream, and six pattisierre Francais to die for. Actors and politicians dotted here and there----probably one of the world's most opulent eating houses in the world today----bordering "Obscene"!
    Everybody in the world should take tea at the ritz just once in their life, put it right at the top of your TO DO list.
    Started to walk towards the London Palladium with the rest of the world, have to say, England has become the home of the "Lard arse" 90% of the people are plain feckin OBESE ---a burger in one hand and a quart of diet coke in the other as they waddled down the street.

Sorry peeps I'm nodding off, good night and God bless,MYGGWY.J

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will download some of the RITZ PICS from yesterday, have to say whilst it was OK, LENNY B,has no need to worry-----CATS will never be another "WEST SIDE" one memorable song don't make a musical. Plenty of very fit and athletic actors and over emphasised feline activities.
    Is it just me ? Or are 99% of today's actors----AC/DC.? In the old days, we called 'em Nancies but that's not quite PC today.
    Taxi took us via Buckingham Palace and the changing of the guard watched by thousands of tourists.
    Did a tour of Fortnum and Masons, have to say, for sheer downright snobbery and upper class shopping it knocks Fayed the Egyptians Harrods clean out of the ring, Jilly informs me Harrods is now owned by the ARABS-----whatever.
    Talk to y'all lunchtimes just before the afternoon nap.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of piccies I promised you of our "tea at the Ritz".
    Man, I have to tell you, that was just the dogs cajones !

Got to work on the Rotary from 7:30 to 11:30-----making inroads, done the steering bar and "Swirled it" doing the ride guide steering tube and then the stand.
    Still getting up to some "Tricks".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of piccies I promised you of our "tea at the Ritz".
    Man, I have to tell you, that was just the dogs cajones !

Got to work on the Rotary from 7:30 to 11:30-----making inroads, done the steering bar and "Swirled it" doing the ride guide steering tube and then the stand.
    Still getting up to some "Tricks".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go on, spoil yourselves, give it a go! Pure populace.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That should have read "OPULENCE " but the smart arse spell check thought otherwise, sorry about that.
    cracked on well with the Rotary, decided to try and cobble a half tidy OMC gear case myself. Cavitation plate came out well-----bad news is, the gorilla wood glue I imported from the USA let go in spite of being clamped in the vice for 48 hours.
    Think Mark was at the Palm Beach Boat Show today!
    Only picture of Tavares was one of Rich and DOREEN. You all left your Kodaks at home?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie here is a link to another thread with piccies. That tea at the Ritz sounded (and looks) like a swank time. Pure populace for all! lol With Gorilla glue make sure you moisten the pieces to be bonded, it really bonds better that way.
    Dave

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...sic-Race-Boats

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CNC_Guy View Post
    Jackie here is a link to another thread with piccies. That tea at the Ritz sounded (and looks) like a swank time. Pure populace for all! lol With Gorilla glue make sure you moisten the pieces to be bonded, it really bonds better that way.
    Dave
    Thanks Dave, was about to bin the stuff and go back to cascamite, I usually mix up what I want, been doing that for ever but son Mark tells me I'm old fashioned and the new adhesives are far superior---------I should cocoa, ?
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...sic-Race-Boats
    Sorry about that, fell hard and fast asleep while on the iPad, woke up at 3;00am with an aching bum and the iPad out of battery. dinglegerry or what ?
    Gran daughter Lou had a whale of a party last night, typical Wilson/Stray shindig----another grandaughter Carly gave birth to my eighth great grandchild, this time it's a girl to join the seven boys-----it all adds up to a wonderful day, looks like I'm going to have the same again thank you today.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sun's shining, another weekend looming-----Rotary coming on slowly, got as far as boring The shaft holes in the gearbox. progress piccy tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	385.0 KB 
ID:	316996Told you I was crap with a Kodak, will stick it on the stand, then you will get a better idea of what's going on.

Just a " Progress" piccy to prove I'm not telling porkies. Took a couple of hours out to stick another plank clear across the back of the shed (Studio). filled it immediately with ten lumps that I did earlier. Must have a garage sale or an accidental on purpose studio fire.
    Lawn mower has been relegated to the lean to, just to keep it out of the weather.
    Would you believe there's over fifty chunks of stuff I made in the shed, I am banned from putting any more pieces in the house , utility room or conservatoire!
    Am beginning to get really pissed off with the DVLC, ITS A MONTH SINCE I REQUESTED MY LICENCE. They need some ginger up their bums.
    Clocks go forward tomorrow , then it's light 'till eight o'clock.
    Get a good nights rest and enjoy tomorrowMYGGWY. j

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie, here is the link I was trying to send you the other day.
    Dave
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...sic-Raceboat-s

Page 136 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 36 86 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 186 236 636 1136 ... LastLast