5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	429.4 KB 
ID:	320293

Rogers wing on the unloved chunk of oak which is now shaved and polished, "Almost There" good name for a song, dontchathink?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think i'll give it a rest for a while---everyones on vacation, call me when you get back, ill still be here, haven't even started to clean the shop yet and my son arrives tuesday so i better get a wriggle on. Grandkids leave tomorrow so back to a bit of normality anytime soon, Bristol in two weeks. My kids are all excited but at the moment I'm not exactly burning with enthusiasm, buggered if i know why, will be alright on the night.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta love it!

QUOTE=jackiewilson;2757406]Click image for larger version. 

Views:	28 
Size:	429.4 KB 
ID:	320293

Rogers wing on the unloved chunk of oak which is now shaved and polished, "Almost There" good name for a song, dontchathink?[/QUOTE]

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Attachment 320291Attachment 320292

Now THATS A TRAILOR, Mahogany runners, Rolls Royce Wheels for an English Yew wing, I'm quite chuffed with the result, if I ever find the right mount for the Ghost with the wing in tow, I feel I can make Rich a happy man.! Maybe.?
    Jackster my man! I just poped in to check up on you, Mersy, your not letting up, god bless you! I'm still stuck on making payments, as I saw your son "Mark" forced to be late the event probably from pressures of attempting to be successful love all you do, hope to win one of your trophys this year
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	9 
Size:	415.2 KB 
ID:	320300The unloved slab of English Oak after a modicum of TLC and a coat of beeswax, have to admit, it does enhance the "Concepts" that sit on it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	9 
Size:	432.6 KB 
ID:	320301Click image for larger version. 

Views:	6 
Size:	433.9 KB 
ID:	320302Click image for larger version. 

Views:	6 
Size:	433.8 KB 
ID:	320303

Rich's Roller !!! Car and Boat and TRAILOR look fine as individual pieces-----Trick IS--- To stitch them all together as a very classic trophy.
    Already tried several mounts but nothing has been "spot on"!
    The unloved lump of oak was great with "THE SILVER GHOST" on its own, but was light years away from being right for what I have in mind for the finished trophy.

It does seem to be nearly there for Rogers wing, just needs a bit of "Something" !

It'll come to me while I'm "Taking the tablets" or a dump? Or feigning a headache, you can think long and hard about something and nothing clicks, then suddenly "Flash, Bang, Alakazam", Another good name for a song Dontchathink, ?

Make the most of the last day of the holiday, colonials do get the Fourth of July -----our next break is August, we have to help Cameron make the UK. Great again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attachment 320291Attachment 320292

Now THATS A TRAILOR, Mahogany runners, Rolls Royce Wheels for an English Yew wing, I'm quite chuffed with the result, if I ever find the right mount for the Ghost with the wing in tow, I feel I can make Rich a happy man.! Maybe.?
    very nice

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya, Pilgrim, it's a whole lot better than any of the pictures I posted, really should take a basic course in still life photography.!
    All the grandkids are gone, switched off the pool heater, life should be back to normal tomorrow, let's see what life has in store for us, sleep well folks, MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woke with a a grim determination to tackle the dirty workshop problem, not often I get fired up about a clean up job. There are couple of polishing machines and a grinder I want to move. I'm just not getting the best out of the shop, too many "Nearly there " concepts still in the shop and not enough working bench space.
    Have to change from a butterfly mind to a tidy mind and do one thing at a time, people have only got to mention "can you make a so and so" and off I go like a long dog chasing a bone or a "female dog" on heat. ( not allowed to say the "B"word on S+F).
    Anyway off we go again, chasing rainbows, keeping the mind from going do-lally, and the hands free from the dreaded arthritis , afraid I'm losing that battle, the fingers seem to want to curl up and when I force them straight they hurt like buggery. If I mention it to the doctor at the next "Well Man" session I fear I shall get prescribed yet another pill bringing the total to eight a day which, while keeping me fighting fit means I can fart for England with a good chance of bringing home the gold.
    Sun came up at around five this morning, had been awake a couple of hours putting the world to rights, cogitating the next move , Marks visit, Craig's wedding, Billy and the Bristol re Union , life's never dull when you get past 83.
    I still leave the motorway and take the B road whenever possible, stop and smell the roses, talk to the dwindling list of old friends, occasionally stop by and say hi, can still remember all the grand and great grandkids names and thank God I'm still up and running and a going concern!

Had no idea what the next "Concept" might be, then I remembered I still have a bunch of trophies to put together for THE OFF GOLF TOURNEY 2015, the glass mouse, the Jack Daniels, the crystal ball, and whatever I dream up next.
    Coming up to 6am so I can leave you all in peace for a few hours, the ramblings are not meant to annoy anyone, just touching base with a few old and some new friends, bear with me long enough and I'm sure there will be some subject you'll find interesting?J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	18 
Size:	400.2 KB 
ID:	320361

Made a start on the awards for the 2015 OFF golf tourney, try and make half a dozen pieces to go with the main trophy, it's good fun competing with each other on the day, the Barbie and bubbly makes it all worth while.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	18 
Size:	400.2 KB 
ID:	320361

Made a start on the awards for the 2015 OFF golf tourney, try and make half a dozen pieces to go with the main trophy, it's good fun competing with each other on the day, the Barbie and bubbly makes it all worth while.
    Jackie - I am not a golfer, but the very presence of you and a few other very special "Old Farts" "makes it all worth while". - seeroy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to hear from you Stavros, think about you most days and how well you cope with what life has chucked at you. You got your rock with Iris so you manage to take the hit and come out swinging.
    Didn't put the piccies on the OFF site ' cos nobody looks it it until October, then old farts panic, can't remember where, or when, is it on or off, now where did I park the damned car? Who's taking me? Should I take the clubs ? Know what I mean Steve, it happens every year, bless the dopey old farts, dontcha just love 'em to bits----that's why I do so many little trophies, try and fit everyone in, I keep on telling Seebold he ain't never going to win a trophy! He don't have the ability or the money, just love pissing him off!
    Jilly got the "CHEERIOS" in for Billy's breakfast, he can't start the day without 'em.
    Got a great shot of Lynne, Jilly and Bill on top of a mountain in Lugano, we had to use one of those Rocky Mountain railroads to get there, Bill had the outside window seat, scared him sh-tless, he made Lynne take the window seat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	16 
Size:	372.0 KB 
ID:	320402Y

Lynne, Billy and Jill, somewhere near Lugano 1970/80
    Lynne was freezing her butt off, but there was no way she was getting Billy's coat !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	10 
Size:	401.8 KB 
ID:	320414

Worlds largest diamond ,estimated value one billion pounds ----just cobbled it into a golf trophy for the 2015 old farts golf tourney------silly bloody things I do to drum a bit of interest, I fought off all the competition to acquire this wonderful piece of kit.
    Burton once tried to buy it for Liz but he found out she was leaving him for the third time and passed on it. Madonna made a play next but her fingers were a bit podgy and not quite elegant to support this superb example of the jewellers craft.
    Had to haggle over the final asking price, seller was happy with what I gave her for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost forgot about the obelisk, picked this up at the car boot sale last Thursday, turned a chunk of mahogany on the lathe, gave it a couple of coats of friction polish, turned out quite nice dontcha think?
    It will make another fine Trophy for the old farts tourney.
    May have to put the entry fee up by twenty five bucks, just to help with transportation.

Sorry for not posting anything last night but apparently the S and F site was down.

Page 163 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 63 113 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 213 263 663 1163 ... LastLast