Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...Odell Lewis won both the inaugural 1967 Bahama's 500...AND the 1968 Bahama's 500...In the boat he named after his wife - Mona Lou -
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 10-28-2016 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the shot I was trying to find Fuji, thank you,------Odell can talk the hind legs off'n a grizzly bear and on a couple of occasions l have had the pleasure of listening to his fantastic tales, so I know he called "Mona Lou" after his wife-------it looks like a Bertram to me, but then again I do not have a vast knowledge of offshore RACEBOATS .
    My son Mark and grandson Craig know a hell of a lot more about "OFFSHORE" than I ever will!

If anyone out there has a copy of "THE IRON FIST" I could buy, please let me know. Bring it to Tavares and we"ll haggle over the price!
    I would recommend you should read " SUCH SWEET THUNDER"------ it was the first well written book about "COSWORTHS", done long before I ever was involved with the team, it makes for some marvellous reading. I can bring my copy to OFF, sadly, I never got any of the staff or even Duckworth to sign it---------on reflection, what a dingleberry!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie - Have one coming your way in Tavares - "If anyone out there has a copy of "THE IRON FIST"

4. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the one on Amazon for $75.00

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    Jackie - Have one coming your way in Tavares - "If anyone out there has a copy of "THE IRON FIST"
    Thanks a lot Roger-------we'll no doubt come to some mutual agreement, as we usually do.
    Went to the LMBRC sixty year reunion last week, -----one of the main topics of conversation was Tavares. Alfie Bullens Boys and Steve Pinson had been spreading the gospel.
    There are rumours that Bristol town council would like the race back on, all the plans are in place-------just one tiny stumbling block-------the RYA in its wisdom refuses to sanction it.
    Saturday------forage at the facility day. Not looking for anything, that's when you find the bags of gold,.
    Hand is healing nicely-----can't keep a plaster on it but can't get dirt in it as it's an open wound, cutting oil, sawdust, polishing compound and alloy filings do not constitute as "dirt"! Getting the kitchen goddess to understand the fact that these things are antiseptics is proving quite ------er----interesting shall we say.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=jackiewilson;

There are rumours that Bristol town council would like the race back on, all the plans are in place-------just one tiny stumbling block-------the RYA in its wisdom refuses to sanction it.
    .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... ..
    Jackie....Don't hold your breath on this one. The origins of this came from a speech from our recently elected mayor and did not specify the racing alone but mentioned a range of things to appear to put Bristol on the map again, I am surprised he didn't mention
    the slave trade and John Cabot sailing off to find the New World again.

I mix with other wasters who live on boats in the docks, they have heard nowt....

The fabric of the docks has changed since the good old days, all fancy flats and bistros now... ask B.S he was here last year.

To give you a small indication of what could lie ahead...There is a model boat club that meets weekly and uses a small length
    of dock wall/ water towards what was the Cumberland Turn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry fellers had a touch of the heavy finger on that last, but I'm sure you get the scenario............Phill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	404.1 KB 
ID:	359417Click image for larger version. 

Views:	11 
Size:	403.4 KB 
ID:	359418Click image for larger version. 

Views:	15 
Size:	383.3 KB 
ID:	359419

Many, many years ago, before Pontious was a pllate, the Franklin Mint did a special edition of the 1907 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost. I was given one for my 50th birthday. It's been lost for the last 25 years.
    Her who shall be obeyed at all times was throwing out an old suitcase and found it, still in its presentation case, along with a rake of long lost memorabilia .
    What to do with it ?????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	21 
Size:	366.6 KB 
ID:	359462Click image for larger version. 

Views:	25 
Size:	397.8 KB 
ID:	359463Click image for larger version. 

Views:	23 
Size:	416.0 KB 
ID:	359464

One of the F.O.N.D.A. races was held in Abu Dhabi in the seventies-------because I had a glamorous title ( Presedent of Fonda) I was given one of these golden tunnel boats.
    Again, it was lost for 25 years.
    What the hell do you do with old momento's?

11. Thanks shadowcat thanked for this post
    Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post

Views:	21 
Size:	366.6 KB 
ID:	359462Click image for larger version. 

Views:	25 
Size:	397.8 KB 
ID:	359463Click image for larger version. 

Views:	23 
Size:	416.0 KB 
ID:	359464

One of the F.O.N.D.A. races was held in Abu Dhabi in the seventies-------because I had a glamorous title ( Presedent of Fonda) I was given one of these golden tunnel boats.
    Again, it was lost for 25 years.
    What the hell do you do with old momento's?
    .................................................................................................... .....
    pass them on to you kin?......How do you value that sculpture?.......

13. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    .................................................................................................... .....
    pass them on to you kin?......How do you value that sculpture?.......
    None of my kin want to know about my old boating junk Phill------VALUE ?------Polished brass comes out at £4 per kilo from the scrap yard.
    I have given loads of boats and engines to various NATIONAL museums over the years, Kevin Desmond's French nautical museum-------Basildons national maritime in Essex. After just a few years they all fell by the wayside for one reason or another. Then the contents get hawked around the hog market and generally "Dissapears".
    Collections of raceboats are only safe as long as the owners are alive and well, with enough dinero to keep toys. The minute they pop their clogs, the scavengers move in, ie:Sotheby's----Christies and all the other auction houses-------so what does" Value" mean in terms of old raceboats memorabilia ?

15. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clocks went back last night-------extra hour in bed I could have done without. Why the hell do they do it is beyond me! Just WHO decrees we should fiddle fart with time---------didn't anyone ever ask the reason for this useless ridiculous piece of nonsense. It serves no purpose whatsoever.
    Folk who wake up at crack--o---sparrow still wake up at the same time.
    During the war, there was a TWO HOUR time swing--------some said it was to help farmers get the harvest in! Never made a blind bit of difference to the farmers, frogmen or fishermen-------I'm sure it never made any difference to fighter pilots or Freemasons ---------nobody gives a flying fart if we're an hour in front or an hour behind------whichever way you look at it-------if you think we have the same time as the continentals------think again-------they just altered their clocks by an hour too.

17. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie...please check your private message box...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the shot I was trying to find Fuji, thank you,------Odell can talk the hind legs off'n a grizzly bear and on a couple of occasions l have had the pleasure of listening to his fantastic tales, so I know he called "Mona Lou" after his wife-------it looks like a Bertram to me, but then again I do not have a vast knowledge of offshore RACEBOATS .
    My son Mark and grandson Craig know a hell of a lot more about "OFFSHORE" than I ever will!

If anyone out there has a copy of "THE IRON FIST" I could buy, please let me know. Bring it to Tavares and we"ll haggle over the price!
    I would recommend you should read " SUCH SWEET THUNDER"------ it was the first well written book about "COSWORTHS", done long before I ever was involved with the team, it makes for some marvellous reading. I can bring my copy to OFF, sadly, I never got any of the staff or even Duckworth to sign it---------on reflection, what a dingleberry!!!!

I have my copy of Iron Fist signed by Rose and Alex - not for sale. Also have attached a photoClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Mona Lou.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	359478 of the Mona Lou as she is today, the Fond du Lac Sheriff's Department rescue boat - if I had the money, it would be home in my garage getting restored to her original glory.

20. Thanks shadowcat thanked for this post
    Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Size:	397.5 KB 
ID:	359496Click image for larger version. 

Size:	401.5 KB 
ID:	359497Click image for larger version. 

Views:	14 
Size:	408.2 KB 
ID:	359498Click image for larger version. 

Size:	401.8 KB 
ID:	359499Click image for larger version. 

Size:	400.2 KB 
ID:	359500

Think i got the basic shape somewhere near Bernie--------exaggerated the running strakes-----it's what I do to hide the flaws.
    Should I or not stick a gear case under its rear end------or maybe just leave well alone ?
    Thought Odell might just like something similar to Mona Lou!------he probably has a dozen models of his old boats, still if he don't want it, I can always stick it in the auction on Friday night at Tavares .
    Told you I was like a bloody butterfly------flitting from one concept to another.
    Just when you think you have a "Cunning Plan" for the next week or so, you get the inkling of an idea and wham! Before you know it you've disappeared into ye long distance-----you know the old adage -finish what you're doing before embarking on a fresh project-------wish to god I could do that-------- I might make some progress.

22. Likes shadowcat, bernie liked this post
Page 324 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 224 274 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 374 424 824 ... LastLast