Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	372.4 KB 
ID:	320070Click image for larger version. 

Views:	15 
Size:	405.5 KB 
ID:	320071

Me and Betty ----still a dab hand at de-burping a nipper, "nobody does it better " as Carly Simon used to say.
    Proud grandma Jill, it's what we do in the afternoon these days !

Started making a half decent mount for the third golf trophy for the old farts 2015 Golf Tourney, it's a nice chunk of crystal, when it's finished it'll be like Bridgette Bardot-----DESIRABLE ,

Well into the Stainless Twin engined Molli-----decided this one would have a pair of Bridports , made too many stackers lately, feel like making a change. Was going to do a pair of "Rudes" but decided to be patriotic. Anyway, many more non blacks and Butler and Welch would disown me, don't have enough "Live" friends left to lose any of 'em, even the cranky ones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=ron54;2756448]
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    We have Billy coming to stay with us for a few days early June, see if I can lure him to Brooklands or Goodwood, Maybe the Air museum at Tangmere!

Jackie, there is a "breakfast club" meeting at Goodwood on the 7th June..

Brooklands is always worth a visit, I think they were racing there before "The Mayflower" tied up wher'nt they?

Beaulieu ??

It's a shame Bluebird K7 is such a way distant..they would loved a visit from from you guys for certain, hell I would have taken you both myself.

I have a Bristol programme from 1979 do you think Bill would sign it for me?

I don't know how you are travelling down but let me know if you need picking up from anywhere this end............Phill.
    Problem is Phill, I think daughter Sam has booked us all in for breakfast in "The Kiln" on Sunday morning and it's near three hours up the road from Bristol to Goodwood so methinks we will not make the breakfast club!
    You reminded me to get my K7gold star out of the closet, haven't worn that for many a long year!
    Looks like Billy is bringing Leo and The Mouse, Leo is the guy who swopped power heads in record time so Billy could wipe the floor with a 2.4.
    OMC had suddenly put a " minimum " limit in the OZ class------they would not allow him to run the two litre which was a great pity as that run faster than the 2.4.
    Rest of the story is history, but just to remind you---------one little old Merc thrashed the arse ofn a field of world class drivers using OMC V8 motors-------kinda brings a tear to your eye don't it ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	11 
Size:	425.5 KB 
ID:	320108Click image for larger version. 

Views:	9 
Size:	431.1 KB 
ID:	320109

Thats the the gazebo that gave me such a hard time, you wouldn't believe that a $25 chinky piece of garden kit could be such a challenge, why make it easy for anyone when you can make it so bloody difficult without really trying.
    Thursday again, might just take a cursory glance at what's going down at the car boot sale at Ford Aerodrome this morning, nice sunshiny day forecast, might as well make the most of it, should be back home by 9:00am.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought a rake of tools, spent money on things I already have, bought things I wanted but did not need, have got to stop going to flea markets and duplicating stuff I already have ten of and most of it wont ever see the light of day.!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	12 
Size:	404.8 KB 
ID:	320140

Ford aerodrome car boot sale, 7:30am Thursday morning, 200 + vendors flogging their wares!
    Picked up a great crystal with the mouse motif, will make another fine "Desirable " golf trophy when I've finished working on it.
    Found half a dozen really old woodcarving chisels that need a sharp up and tidying (must have close to 50 now) and a a mint condition spokeshave that I honed a razor edge to ( got ten of them).

I know that all of you out there have heard the tale about the 1946 Carnation Milk effort to find a new jingle for the product, even offered a $5,000 reward to the winner. Old lady who had worked a farm in Wisconsin all her life came up with this rendition !

Carnation milk is best of all,
    No tits to pull, no hay to haul,
    No buckets to lift or sh-t to pitch,
    Just punch a hole in that son of a bitch.

I know it's 70 years on, but it still makes me chuckle, I hope it does the same for you!

Glued up the centre section. To take the twin Bridgeport motors, still pondering the best way to stitch the mahogany sponsons to the stainless deck. Have worked out the mount, will look really "COOL".
    As usual at this time of night, I'm totally knackered, so goodnight one and all,MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess everyone has started out on their spring break already, , either that or I got leprosy, nobody talking to me at all this week ?

My son Mark is coming over to see the family next week, he doesn't often make that trip, he is now fully "Americanised", loves Florida and Martin County in particular. Been there near twenty years, says he will never leave. My grandson, Craig has a son who was born in Florida, he is more American than Obama.
    As Dylan once said "Times---They are a changing"!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were still here Jackie.
    Damn work getting in the way of everything
    Havnt had a boat in the water for months
    New workshop underway that costs more than i used to earn when i started work.
    thats the downside to singapore
    Sheet of 18mm ply sgd 36 thats the upside
    What do you pay there?
    Last edited by powerabout; 05-23-2015 at 01:57 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hells teeth Pilgrim, I was paying £45 for a sheet of eighteen mm in 1967 !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	14 
Size:	397.4 KB 
ID:	320201Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13 
Size:	402.1 KB 
ID:	320202Click image for larger version. 

Views:	14 
Size:	385.1 KB 
ID:	320203

No, it's not some sort of wild fantasy machine, it's what happens when you run out of workspace and you stick one piece of a boat on top of another for safe keeping, it's a mish mash of a wing and a twin Molli.
    all should be explained over the weekend, I just got too many projects going on at once, if you don't hear from me, it's because I disappeared up my own backside. think I must have caught a new strain of senility, "Wandermind", get into one thing , then think of something that is more urgent than what I'm on at the moment, get halfway through then forget what the hell I was doing in the first place, stand in the middle of the floor, Jillly comes in, takes one look at me and asks, "what are you doing"? ---quick as a flash , I tell her COGITATING . that's the moment I realise I'm "Smarter than the average Boo Boo", I still got ALL my marbles!
    Bank holiday weekend over my side of the pond, put the heating on the pool, do not want the grand kids suffering rigor mortis, it gives grandparents a bad name. Expecting the hoards over the weekend
    Been invited to a Barbie Saturday afternoon, four staying at the house, I fancy things will be a bit hectic, thee Canadian Club bottle will be in huge demand!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feels like summers just around the corner, had the balcony doors open last night for the first time. Trouble is, the dawn. Chorus starts around 3.30am and nobody can sleep through that "Cacophony".

Looks like Lewis got his act together, quickest round Monaco in both sessions, so would I be if I'd just signed a hundred million pound contract with Mercedes !

Still got the woodpile outside the workshop, must get the damned stuff sawn up and stacked, then the shop needs tidying up before Mark gets here and disowns me. His shop is always immaculate!

Haircut and beard trim this morning, do not want to look like a scruffy "elderly gentleman" over the holiday!
    Have a great weekend Peeps, I know I will.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	18 
Size:	388.8 KB 
ID:	320257

Put the twin Molli next to the other "nearly done" boats, they are all spoken for, the twin is anybody who wants it!
    Pool been in valiant use today , grandkids had a whale of a time, parents not that interested!

Lewis did the easy part, all he has to do is keep his cool and and his nose in front all the way to the finish, it's usually a bit of a procession in Monaco, barring dramas, the finish should be pretty much the same as quallifying.

Always swore my shop would never get as untidy as my friends, with snot and shavings and everything covered in dust, unfortunately I have been remiss and have to spend the next couple of days rectifying that.

Thought I had found the perfect base for The " Rich Luhrs Trophy," unfortunately it was a foot short of my requirements but it will do nicely for Roger H's wing. Will try it tomorrow, show you the result if it works out ok.

That'll do for tonight, enjoy the rest of the holiday, night! MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definite shortage of sunshine in my neck of the woods, in a weeks time we are into June it's known here as FLAMING JUNE,.
    pool is now up to eighty degrees and the sounds are more like what you hear at the public baths, is it only at my house where kids seem to squeal and scream all the time, girl kids in particular.
    Im pretty sure my sisters used to take their duckings in absolute silence.
    Jilly threw all her dollies outa the pram yesterday, she had been asking me to stack the woodpile (sister Anges demolished shed, complete with nails )with remarks like "what would you think if one of the grandkids stepped on a nail ?" I just said, " I think we had raised a pretty stupid grand kid."
    Fairly certain it was the wrong answer, she stacked all the wood in ten minutes flat, she kinda mumbled to herself all the while, great result , never mess with an old fart. "smarter than the average, Boo boo".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been cooking with gas all morning, opened up the pool at eight am, is now thirty degrees, about ninety in the colonial calendar. That left me free to do as I pleased, finished the old unloved chunk of timber that had been stood up outside for the last twenty years, colours are sublime. looks good as a wing stand. REMEMBER the wing that goes on the back of the Rolls Royce, I was never happy with the TRAILOR so I rebuilt it, now it does look good ".
    Will show you some piccies later on!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lewis will be spitting feathers after this one, cruising to victory and the the team screwed it up. Should think he will be glad to get to a circuit where driving ability counts. rest of the season will be plain sailing for him. Rosberg, Vettel, Hamilton, that was a real bummer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	32 
Size:	380.1 KB 
ID:	320291Click image for larger version. 

Views:	30 
Size:	406.2 KB 
ID:	320292

Now THATS A TRAILOR, Mahogany runners, Rolls Royce Wheels for an English Yew wing, I'm quite chuffed with the result, if I ever find the right mount for the Ghost with the wing in tow, I feel I can make Rich a happy man.! Maybe.?

Page 162 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 62 112 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 212 262 662 1162 ... LastLast