User Tag List

Page 89 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 39 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 139 189 589 1089 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 18756
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Don't take this as gospel Tinker, but I think it's the same as the USA.
    and thanksgiving is a holiday in the uk as well now
    what do you celebrate, thanks for black pudding?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seeroy View Post
    Jackie - Sounds like things might actually be looking up a bit for Matt. Also sounds like you are doing quite a bit better. Hang on tight to Jilly, keep her spirits up. I can't think of anything more difficult than dealing with such issues as what both of her sons are going through. And then, on top of it, you had to go and have a brain fart. I don't know, but I have always believed that, even in tough times, one needs to draw on their sense of humor to maintain sanity. That might sound crazy, but it has certainly helped me at times. But then maybe I never really grew up. Sorry if I sounds like i am wandering. As I said before...We love you - Steve & Iris
    Morning Stavros, leave for the hospital in an hour, praying it's all good news when we get there.Me myself am 95% better----even the thick lip thyndrome has nearly disappeared.
    Walking on eggshells with Jilly, no sign of a let go yet, but I'm ready to pick up the bits the minute it happens-----amazing how strong and positive she is. I'm pretty sure when Matt gets over the hump and the relief sets in is the danger time for her.
    have to act the idiot, goof off and joke about life or I wouldn't get through the day----tears of a clown just about sums it------thankful for the licence to wander, comes in handy in emergencies .
    Gotta go, thanks for all your help my friends---talk later.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hospital waiting rooms and I/c units are doleful places at the best of times, but when one of your own is ensconced in there it's a very unwelcoming place.
    Spent too much of my life in these institutions and I normally avoid them like the plague, I had a mastoid when I was fourteen, they put a plate behind my left ear and told me I could never play football again , was in the Halifax Royal Infirmary for six weeks , was in the "Rec"playing with all my mates the day I came out, 70 years on I still got an open wound behind my left ear much to the amusement of all my grandchildren. I played football till I was 30 and then took up powerboating, sainted mother thought it was much safer than cricket and football, she always did have a warped sense of humour!!! Fell 60' off'n a mill roof and tore the tendons in my shoulder-----was one handed for 6months-----another week in the mend shed!
    Triple by pass----- 2weeks in the shed again. ------ point I'm making is------I had more than my fair share playing doctors and nurses, I get no kick from champagne or hospitals.
    YOURE lucky tonight----iPad ran out out of battery ----less than 12%___ so God bless all my friends everywhere MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black Friday is tomorrow ----where do you get the bloody silly idea from that thanksgiving is a UKHoliday------Turkey birds are for Christmas along with Santa Claus, Christmas trees and plum duff----don't let anyone tell you different Tinkerbelle.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so whats the origin of black friday in the UK, to celebrate the second US invasion, amazon?
    Last edited by powerabout; 11-27-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    so whats the origin of black friday in the UK, to celebrate the second US invasion, amazon?
    We like to be as stupid as the colonials

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to check if its in OZ as well now.
    The online overseas purchases are so big in OZ the government has noticed the lack of tax income as each person can almost spend AUD1000 but the government gets nothing ( china getting rich and the air freight companies)
    Last edited by powerabout; 11-27-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    I'll have to check if its in OZ as well now.
    The online overseas purchases are so big in OZ the government has noticed the lack of tax income as each person can almost spend AUD1000 but the government gets nothing ( china getting rich and the air freight companies)
    No such loophole in the UK, only "Free" Trade within the EEC, prohibitive freight charges to and from the USA restrict trading to a minimum. Ridiculous Tax rates by the government on a draconian scale mean we are the only country in Europe actually reducing the national debt which in turn means we are penalised and taxed by the EU for being successful.
    Jesus wept, how's that for an early morning lecture on world economics!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep spot on Jackie
    the western world is going to be ugly over the next 20 years unless you are already flying your private jet
    How much longer before France collapses followed by Italy?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent the day at the city pretending to be the Southmead Bristol Hospital-------imagine a rake of fifty year old buildings----take a few dozen bull dozers a dozen JCB's----create a new Brunel hospital on a par with any Las Vegas hotel-----------now half finished------just a billion pounds to go----due for completion in 2016 and you get some idea of the scale of the enterprise.
    Itlooked a bit like the United Nations in there, lots of Ukes, Romanians, Egyptians, Italians, Chinese , Japanese, Senegalese , Cantonese,Russian , Spaniards and polynese.bagheads and ragheads, skinheads and dickheads, Gurkhas and burkas , bad asse and fat asse-------it caters for all------and free for all------just your everyday sort of taxpayer picking up the tab.
    Matt has improved out of all recognition in the last. 72 hours----has a horrendous headache, but 50% memory , , left eye has 10% vision, went to the gents room with some assistance. It's far more than we dared hope for.
    When we came out, we passed the "Breast care" unit, tried for some gainfull employment, they told me there was no vacancies in the foreseeable future, one can but try!!! More later!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blimey Jackie that's my local vets too, sounds like if I ever go there I,d need to take a phrase book along with my jimjams....
    Shame you have to be over my side of the island in such circumstances, but it sounds like the little feller is in good hands and it goes
    without saying all best wishes for him.
    Phill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Blimey Jackie that's my local vets too, sounds like if I ever go there I,d need to take a phrase book along with my jimjams....
    Shame you have to be over my side of the island in such circumstances, but it sounds like the little feller is in good hands and it goes
    without saying all best wishes for him.
    Phill.
    wasnt that the hospital where Don went after the flip in Amsterdam when he tore his hip out?
    the cost is going to be over a billion by 2016

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don was in Ward 21 at Frenchay about 4 miles distant....It was on a direct route from the city centre.. close to the M4/M5 intersection.. near a mainline
    railway station and surrounded by prime building land but not for the advancement of the hospital..... you've guessed it houses!!
    Hence where you were you today did you find a place to park OK?

No wonder Cary Grant scarpered as soon as he'd saved enough for a bus ticket.......(rant over)

By the way I found a copy of the '79 Bristol Programme..In the drives profile it labels you "The dour Jackie" I would post it if I could to give us all a smile
    but I'm too much of a "thick 'un" to know how...How did that handle come about did you upset the lovely Rosalind?.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to get back up the road apiece tomorrow------several reasons for this------son Mark came hot footing it across the pond when he heard I had a brain fart, only to find I'd buggered off down country. Have to show a little bit of loving when he goes to all that trouble to see me. He leaves crack- o- sparrow Monday, back to Florida . The other reason is, I get fitted up with all the diodes and diagnostic gear to determine whether I am a going concern or a shivering wreck on Tuesday. Then Jilly comes back down to Somerset to see how Matts doing while I sneak back into the workshop for the first time in nearly a month -------------my, how time flies when your having fun and trouble in fair quantities.
    had an hour on the blower with Mark today-------tells me he is never never ever leaving his beloved Florida again-------hates the English climate and can never understand why I don't spend the rest of my natural with him in Stuart ----------told him it would be a shame to have his citizenship application screwed up just because the old man stepped out of line.
    Told him I'll be over for his boat launch, I want to see if it's as good as he thinks it's going to be.
    All in all it's been a funny old week-----I've had better days-------blips and hiccups are for others now--------can do without them. Give me the simple life----as Ella used to say. "You take the high road ----I'll take the low road-----free from all care and strife, sounds kinda cheesy, but I like it easy----GIVE ME THE SIMPLE LIFE".

Rozz Knott was everyone's darling, she had those titchy little
    boobs about the size of half a satsuma -----I used to give her a friendly peck on the right one every time we met-----she would always feign shock horror but never did draw back or say no.
    She brought this tubby kid to the Brighton Boat Show and asked me what I thought about this crazy OZ who had just anhialated the World Water speed record (it was hot news about then), I told her he was a "Cadbury's". (Fruit and nut). She said "here Jackie------meet Ken WARBY "

Here we go, I've been rambling again----at least I didn't bore you to death with one of my old jokes, so I'm off to bed------to be honest I just have to turn the I pad off, turn out the light and roll over-------good night to all my friends MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is nothing wrong with spending your last years with Mark in Stuart.
    Bonny and I have lived here for the past 28 years.
    It's warm, but not as bad as most of Florida.
    There is a ton of cheap golf, plenty of fishing and family here for you.
    i have some pretty good contacts in local law enforcements and can cover for Mark if you get. In trouble. I would cover for you, but I don't have that much time on my hands.
    it sounds like your tough hide has carried you through this latest experience.
    Charlie
    Charlie

Page 89 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 39 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 139 189 589 1089 ... LastLast