Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just when you think your footloose and fancy free the unexpected happens !
    Steve, my next door neighbour has one of those ginormous "Feck-Off" barbies that can cater for impoverished countries and Glastonbury on the same evening, went to check it out for this weekends shindig, only to find the heat dissapiters had disintegrated and could I make him some new ones. I've only got stainless and the damn things had seven curves and forty slots in each section. Took me most of the day but my neighbour has the best heat dissapiters in the lane.
    definite start on the second sailboat tomorrow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should see that big ball of fire coming in over the downs-------just before six, stepped out on to the balcony to listen to the birds, looked down at the lines in the lawn ( squirrels and rabbits run races on a daily basis here), gazed up at a crystal blue sky and thought to myself " does it get any better than this?"-------What should I do today?, maybe a little thank you to him upstairs as a start-----then a bacon sandwich-----let the good times roll.
    Im off to enjoy the day------come and join me!

3. Likes olboatman liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	448.8 KB 
ID:	322595
    Boy oh boy, am I ever stacking up the brownie points! Her who shall be obeyed at all times demanded the wood pile should be sawn up into 11/3/4" (eleven and three quarter) lengths and arranged into a presentable pile.
    Took a little over four hours to comply with the ask, ( she claims she never demands, just asks) then I had to Strim the undergrowth down the lane for about 100 yards, ( brambles were scratching the Lexus...)-----shuteye time-------catch up with you all-----ron,----?= later on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made good progress with "Pistoff" and "Harsoul" beginning to look THE BIZZ, conjured up some really wicked sails/vanes/aerolons, look like real "BAD ASSE" contenders!
    This particular pair of concepts has been great fun and gotten the creative juices flowing, forgot the arthritis for a while, brought back a few of the skills I thought I had long forgotten like making a spokeshave sing. I had forgotten the patience it takes to hone one of those damn things so it talks to you. When you can do that------your cooking with gas !!!
    No pickies tonight, thought I might surprise you later in the week when they're ready for off. Hell's teeth, if I made another we could organise a race for rag and sticks, I did cobble all the masts out of hardwood just to keep a bit of authenticity in the project.
    we had a high of 90 today with an expected 95 tomorrow, I simply opened the back door and the through breeze kept the shop cool as a cucumber, had my neighbours in for a cold beer in the afternoon-----last time I did that was 1998, I had the beer but there was never a time that----------
    Pool was up to 75, needs to be 80 before I dip my toes,------may have to put shorts on tomorrow and throw off the knickers, I dislike sweaty crotches!.

Talk some in the morning, thank you Lord for a beautiful day, night all, MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a great feeling to wake up and feel thrilled at the prospect Of a brand new beautiful and exciting day. Woke about midnight for my customary "tinkle"---stood out on the balcony and saw the brightest star in the sky which I don't ever remember seeing before! Had a look on the dot-dot and saw that Venus and Jupiter had joined up and made a biggie----some wonderful stuff going on above, below, and all around us, all you gotta do is LOOK !

As Louis used to say "ITS A WONDERFUL WOILD"

Big weekend coming up for the colonials---4th of July----Marathon looks like it might have a half respectable line up, Wimbledon in full swing over here, never a dull moment, life is for living, it's all out there for the taking! Make sure you all get your slice of the cake, tastes all the better if you go out and get it yourself!
    Have a another great day people, add it to your collection!

7. Likes olboatman liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	18 
Size:	429.2 KB 
ID:	322664

"Pistoff" ready for some graphic detail.
    The OSCARS made for a very fair stand on their own.
    Catch you tonight sometime!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We never got the 95 degrees here on the south coast, Wimbledon did though, tough, some days you gotta earn your keep!
    Polished up the masts on "Harsoul". Will cut out the sails tomorrow , fix some rigging and see what transpires.
    Thursday tomorrow, car boot at Ford, will be off crack-o-sparrow for a forage!
    July already, half way through the year And I have a shed load of stuff to catch up on, thought for a while back there I was on top of it all but it seems I only thought I was!

Wonder what made me think power boat people would be interested in sail boats, must have been having a mad fit of depression at the time, as you get older you get st------------etc, etc, etc,.

Hang in there 'till the weekend, should have a couple of piccies for you by then, all tuckered out for now so I'm off to sleep, MYGGWY,J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hot and sticky is today's forecast, frankly my dear,!??? my day is already planned, car boot at seven thirty, forage for an hour, open up the shop and get on with HARSOUL.

jills daughter Katherine gets married here at the Hilton in Walberton on Saturday the eleventh. Jilly has been doing her mother of the bride bit, I just let them get on with it, got far too much going on to worry about a wedding.
    Time to hit the road running, get back to you lunchtime, enjoy the day, it's another just slipping on by, need to make it count.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	7 
Size:	394.5 KB 
ID:	322718

Hey Gene, did you know they built the new Pont de Normandy suspension bridge to Honfleur, you never did say the year you were there?
    Centre span is over two kilometres, it's a heluva short cut!

Did it again, bought a bunch of tools I didn't really need, but did come across some alloy tubing for making the masts for sailboats, a couple of new blades for the bandsaw, another spokeshave and a couple of extension leads along with a dozen assorted paint brushes. I wasn't really breaking my neck for any of it, but what the hell, I was there and I had a spare fiver and one thing led to another and before you know it I had a carrier bag full of bits---AGAIN.

Well into "Harsoul" mounted the two main masts, sorted the pulley blocks, pondering long and hard on the sail configuration, tried six different set ups but they all missed. Start off afresh in the morning-----need a flash of something or 'Tother.

Supposed to be wall to wall sun all day tomorrow and high eighties, we'll see! MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post

Views:	7 
Size:	394.5 KB 
ID:	322718

Hey Gene, did you know they built the new Pont de Normandy suspension bridge to Honfleur, you never did say the year you were there?
    Centre span is over two kilometres, it's a heluva short cut!
    J.
    Hi Jackie---we did!! On several trips from Deauville to Etretat. A beautiful drive to a beautiful coast and town--and for anyone that cares, the last place that Nungesser was sighted on his flight across the Atlantic. A beautiful Memorial to Nungesser and the 'White Bird' at Etretat----

Last edited by GENE LANHAM; 07-02-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Etretat:

Because of the light and the colors---has been a favorite for Artists, Painters and Photographers--

Jackie---this beautiful lady is Karin, she has put up with me for over 30 years!! Luckily (for both of us), she did not know me when I was a 'boat racer'---

Last edited by GENE LANHAM; 07-02-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gene, it's so good to know that there are other "MEN" out there, guys that lived the life, NORMAL, ordinary 100per cent male people and proud of it.
    Artists have long used Honfleur as a home base as well as Montmarte and Nice etc. it's a great place to visit for a while.
    I've only been married to Jilly for 20 years ------course Gene you are older than me !
    Nice that you took time out to talk to us Gene, isn't it great to mix old times with the new and share memories of what was and mighta been and is now, how lucky we are.

I found an old IKEA chair that had been long discarded at the back of the shop, looked long and hard at it and wondered if I couldn't fit it into the sail boat scheme of things, worked on it till gone six last night-----finagled a concept you might like although I don't think sailboats have been well accepted by my circle of friends-----this one is a wee bit outrageous you might just think it's ok, will take a piccie later on!
    Have a nice day peeps!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Son Mark just called, he's on the Keys right now on his way to Marathon, he left crack O sparrow. Good luck to Gary and Craig and the rest of the GEICO team, have a safe race.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afternoon turned to worms, had a date with the eye test people ------poured petrol in my eyes and set fire to em, at least that's what it felt like, they then took a bunch of flash pictures, told me not to drive for the rest of the day! This was to do with diabetes , so I had to do as I was told.
    Afraid I didn't feel like even going into the shop after that.
    Upshot is, you don't get to see any piccies of outrageous sail boats, not to worry, I'll save them for you till after the weekend! MYGGWY.J.

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Hello Jackie, hope all is well. don't have time to keep up with your daily conquests. casually perusing your postings it seems the golf deal is on for this year. planning on running a inline 6 on a vintage hull this year, so you can actually estimate me on my abilities. haven't smacked a ball since playing with Bill ( which one of the most enjoyable golf rounds in my life ) I'm planning on going for the LONGEST BALL entrant this year. looking foreward to being with you and your family again. Fun Out
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Page 175 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 75 125 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 225 275 675 1175 ... LastLast