Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    OK......you can go with me...I'll drive!
    UHHH.....no
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure you would not have any problem finding someone for ballast ... all you go to do is ask...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie:
    Unfortunately my friend from Minnesota (been hunting buddies for 60 yrs.)will be staying with us at the same time. Maybe next year.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Jackie:
    Unfortunately my friend from Minnesota (been hunting buddies for 60 yrs.)will be staying with us at the same time. Maybe next year.
    Like I said before Johno, bring him along

Now a lot of the old fart golfers have said they want to play but as of today the only two people who have actually PAID are Rich and Doreen Luhrs. Here is the list of people I KNOW
    WHO ARE COMING ALONG.

RICH AND DORREN LUHRS
    BILL AND BETTY BAKER
    JACK WILSON AND BILL SEEBOLD
    CRAIG WILSON AND SAM CAPLIN
    CLIVE CAPLIN AND GARY STRAY

BERT SERRA. Referee
    Need to know how many players want to hire clubs, limited Supply.
    there is room for ten more players
    Play starts at 10 am. Normal time is 4/5 hours.
    3/3.30 proceed to Bill and Betty Bakers for Barbie and drinkie poo's, eat around 5/6.
    7;/9 depart for Tavares and welcome old friends.

Believe it or not, a golf tourney takes a lot of effort by a shed load of people, nobody gets paid, most of us will end up poorer but richly rewarded with the effort.
    The club need to know numbers so they can reserve the course.

We need the people who intend to play to step up to the plate------folk like The Preacher man, Bacos, Rathmell, in fact, if this concerns YOU, get in touch, please.!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that went down like a fart in a spacesuit,
    Bill Baker reckons some of the old farts will never make a 10am start so has decided to have a 12 noon start so we can have a late breakfast, a leisurely round of golf, finish around four, mosey over to the Bakers pad, a few bevvies, and big eats around 6. How does that sound ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Well, that went down like a fart in a spacesuit,
    Bill Baker reckons some of the old farts will never make a 10am start so has decided to have a 12 noon start so we can have a late breakfast, a leisurely round of golf, finish around four, mosey over to the Bakers pad, a few bevvies, and big eats around 6. How does that sound ?
    Perfect......
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As usual ----the old farts remained silent.
    Even Seebold and Seeroy have been trying, but to no avail, no joy from Rathmell, MR fun , preacher man, have catered for Bakos, the total at the moment is fourteen -----seven pairings------that's a nice round number and should be a lot of laughs.
    All we ever wanted was a commitment, but it seems even that is too much to ask of the old farts.
    Many thanks to those of you who already said you will be there. J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	418.7 KB 
ID:	308240

Spent the the weekend revamping the offshore concept rig, stripped all the wax polish off it, then three coats of varnish, added a breakaway cockpit, trying to get it to Tavares but it's going to be horrendously expensive so don't hold your breath.

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sir Jackie, If you can gather enough participants come hell or high water, I will support you. on the other hand, if some of us Patriots are having a struggle along about these days, I can cerntally understand and at a cost of an extra 200.00 dollars minus the amount of revenue from not being productive financially that day, I'm having a tough time feeling "gung ho" as to the cost. I'm sorry to have to expose myself in this way, but it is the reality in this Economy. I'll be watching, and if we can get a good group together, I'll be there, otherwise I will simply be a "Volunteer" helping this Wonderful Group of People Promoting a connection to the past. with regrets, fun out
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr fun View Post
    Sir Jackie, If you can gather enough participants come hell or high water, I will support you. on the other hand, if some of us Patriots are having a struggle along about these days, I can cerntally understand and at a cost of an extra 200.00 dollars minus the amount of revenue from not being productive financially that day, I'm having a tough time feeling "gung ho" as to the cost. I'm sorry to have to expose myself in this way, but it is the reality in this Economy. I'll be watching, and if we can get a good group together, I'll be there, otherwise I will simply be a "Volunteer" helping this Wonderful Group of People Promoting a connection to the past. with regrets, fun out
    Bloody hell fire pilgrim-----and they say I waffle-----read your eloquent draft through three times, concluded you may , or may not appear, where's the other $150-00 expenditure going?
    Golf, cart, goodie bag, t shirt, steaks are all of $50, good company comes with the package.
    Now it's a strange fact of life that while we are out striving to whack the snot of' a little white ball we are no longer generating income-----fortunately we are all in the same boat, I am a bit further down the road to malnutrition than most but do try to keep a stiff upper lip and suffer the consequences lightly.
    Still look forward to your company on the 13th November ----one round with the old farts and I can promise you, life will never be quite the same again.!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Okay Jackster, you have sufficiently shamed me , come hell or high water I feel I must push myself to be a part of a historical event. my added cost estimate is including lodging. time away from my norm, it will be welcomed, the opportunity to be a fly on the wall, Priceless Fun Out

just as a side note, Will there be a Bikini contest?
    Last edited by mr fun; 10-23-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay Jackster, you have sufficiently shamed me , come hell or high water I feel I must push myself to be a part of a historical event. my added cost estimate is including lodging. time away from my norm, it will be welcomed, the opportunity to be a fly on the wall, Priceless Fun Out

just as a side note, Will there be a Bikini contest?
    Tell you what Pilgrim, you bring yours and I'll bring mine, it only takes two for a contest.

We must get together and tell me about your "NORM"-------I once had a kid brother "GEOFF"------,does that count?

If you were smart like wot I am------you would make a friend up in the Tavares neck of the woods, get him to pick you up from the airport------,stay with him for free------drink his whiskey etc, saves quite a bit. What's the point of growing old if you don't grow smart!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you for the kind thoughts. all I have in this world is talent. not to think on my part that I'm anywhere near done. haven't hit a ball in 20 yrs, as I haven't ridden a slaum ski in as many years, but I know I can still do it.

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you for the kind thoughts. all I have in this world is talent. not to think on my part that I'm anywhere near done. haven't hit a ball in 20 yrs, as I haven't ridden a slaum ski in as many years, but I know I can still do it.
    I do admire your confidence-----but hells teeth Pilgrim, if you got talent you half way home.

Wonder if i can still ski better than i play golf-----If i can get of the dock----the answer has to be yes!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can hear old Willabee's cogs whizzin round------don't believe all is lost just yet, he could enter the room, you just got to work a little harder Rich, he would never ever take my advice. You'd better take over.
    If anyone wants a bit of Cowes - Torquay memorabilia , you can find a Wills trophy shield for around 10 dollars on E-Bay UK .
    Struggling a bit to fit the trophies in a suitcase, can just feel a "KATOSTRAFFY"about to occur, got visions of Border Control blowing the whole lot to bits which would piss me off right royally.
    Went to my son in laws 57th birthday Bar-B this afternoon, got to see a couple of my grand kids and POLLY my youngest great grandchild-----his old dad is not doing right well,stopped driving, don't do gardening any more and trundles with a couple of walking sticks, poor bugger is only just gone 80-------no real age at all.
    Beddy Byes, MYGGWY.J.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast