User Tag List

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Florida is extremely proud!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLIMAX View Post
    Well you guys out there in Florida, She is now in the doctors hands along with the rest of the crew. Got there a few hours ago. So thanks to all of you, Kind of like here we go, I think they were thinking about hanging any motor on it tomorrow and take a ride for the holiday weekend, Everyone have a safe fun forth. Thanks Again
    Excellent.
    Almost called yesterday to check.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bttt for an awesome built motor

Check out my onlyfans....
    Subscriptions start at 1 gallon 100LL a month

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When do you think we can see the boat run.
    Last edited by Rodney Nance; 08-16-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are a bunch of sub-system's that need to be addressed. That make the boat not only run, but keep the driver safe. I'll post up some pictures of the parts I have been working on some time next week ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mr. Charlie, It was good seeing Gordon down here in Texas, hope to see you soon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Any chance its coming to the Suwanee next weekend?
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twisted will not be making this event. Hoping to get to the water soon.....Maybe the next one:-)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by montyman View Post
    Twisted will not be making this event. Hoping to get to the water soon.....Maybe the next one:-)
    And what does Gordon have up his cylinder sleeve for Saturday morning?
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CLIMAX
    You know the more I read about his capsule standards I find it hard to believe that, Even the space shuttle could even pass or so far anything man made. Not only do we far surpass current capsule standards but as I have stated before we have a complete Molly chassis in the boat, good enough for Top Fuel but not a boat at half the speed on water and not asphalt with a concrete barrier? Makes perfectly good sense to me. You know what I do care about is the people that really do know as the people on this forum. Everyone will know if we do go faster or if we do not. Thanks for the support to all of you. Have a great weekend, Thanks Rick

I looked at the UIM site. So here we have a sanctioning body in Monicco that oversees ( no pun ) the APBA races in the US.
    I didnt spend a great deal of time looking , but it seems it is easier to find a RC boat or 700 cc hydroplane race than a calendar date for a world kilo record run .
    I'm all for safety. But it's pretty obvious that these people are not looking to sanction any events like this. For whatever reason , be it not profitable , or more likely , they cannot find someone to underwrite a policy . Lets face it , a sanctioning body does two things . Insure the event and provide a level playing field for all competitors. If they have the inability to provide either , then they for all practical purposes , are useless .
    If their "tech department" is run by someone who's only interest is blocking anyone else from resetting a weak record , then the record is nothing more than fish that were shot in a barrel.
    Ask anyone who has even the slightest interest in high performance boats , what happened at LOTO this year and more than likely they will tell you Sheik Hassen's boat went 244 mph .
    Don't get me wrong, it would be great to have a time and place where people could make record run attempts , in a safe and controlled environment, with professional EMT's standing ready. Honestly , I don't see that happening , so there is really no sense in holding's one's breath, waiting for a water version of , Bonneville , Maxton or the Miami mile to appear .
    That only leaves American's to do what we do best ... Pick some place, and make it happen ...

And yes , Climax is right , he has a molly driver box in the boat that is legal in Top Fuel hydro as well as NHRA / IHRA sportsman classes to 250 mph and less ....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone explain to me what UIM has done to make this harder. I mean specifics.? You say you currently have safety that complies with top fuel speeds of 250 mph or less.... what else do they want?

Pretend I am the stupidest person you've ever met and use really small words

Thanks
    L6fan57-88

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant see a problem with an apba world record?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Run 'em.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post

I looked at the UIM site. So here we have a sanctioning body in Monicco that oversees ( no pun ) the APBA races in the US.
    I didnt spend a great deal of time looking , but it seems it is easier to find a RC boat or 700 cc hydroplane race than a calendar date for a world kilo record run .
    The APBA normally has a couple of Kilo/record runs each season. Yelm Washington is one place and the others escape me.
    Typically those are for currently sanctioned classes.
    An outright O/B record, or in the Warbys case, Gods record, would be considered a "special event" as there is no real class for either one.
    It's my understanding that really all the APBA or UIM would be doing is enforcing their safety rules, their insurance standards and then having their appointed guys survey the course and certify the timing equipment. As in, if you went 200 you didn't really go 199.99.

IMO, if they are being that difficult to deal with...., screw em! Pick a location and set it up to their standards and have your own dance.
    If you wanted to make it an "event" open it up to other boats/classes. Would help defer some of the expense and give you more ink. Insurance might be a deal breaker at that point though.
    The experts will tell you it can't be done but they told me the same about a little event I called the Rumble on the River.

If you build it they will come
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milkdud View Post
    Can someone explain to me what UIM has done to make this harder. I mean specifics.? You say you currently have safety that complies with top fuel speeds of 250 mph or less.... what else do they want?

Pretend I am the stupidest person you've ever met and use really small words

Thanks
    Milkman ,
    I'm pretty sure it's like : If you dont sell that boat ... I'm leaving !
    OK dear , see the add , For sale : Hydrostream , needs core , trailer rusted out , 200 (this part is for Instigator) Johnson needs powerhead and lower unit
    $ 40,000 firm

They don't want to have record runs, just as the guy above doesn't want to sell his boat. So for what ever reason (s) they they have , they are throwing up capsule rules that have no way to be tested ... no test , no run ..
    I have had tech men ( dragstrip) tell me .. you need this sticker or you cant run .. I say to them , this is a brand new chassis. It says in the rule book that a chassis tag is $185 dollars . Who do you want me to make the check out to , you or the NHRA ... they answer , we are not certified to do chassis's tech here .. I tell em , you might not to tell to many people that .. someone might think your pretty *&^%$# stupid for asking for something that only you can provide , yet have no means provide it ...
    I think in the dating world , they call it **** blocking

The APBA normally has a couple of Kilo/record runs each season. Yelm Washington is one place and the others escape me.
    Typically those are for currently sanctioned classes.
    An outright O/B record, or in the Warbys case, Gods record, would be considered a "special event" as there is no real class for either one.
    It's my understanding that really all the APBA or UIM would be doing is enforcing their safety rules, their insurance standards and then having their appointed guys survey the course and certify the timing equipment. As in, if you went 200 you didn't really go 199.99.

IMO, if they are being that difficult to deal with...., screw em! Pick a location and set it up to their standards and have your own dance.
    If you wanted to make it an "event" open it up to other boats/classes. Would help defer some of the expense and give you more ink. Insurance might be a deal breaker at that point though.
    The experts will tell you it can't be done but they told me the same about a little event I called the Rumble on the River.

If you build it they will come
    Nothing against the people of Washington state , but I don't see that as a hot bed of any type of racing activity. And the other event ... if "you" cant remember , then it must also be one of those ho-hum happenings ...
    At this point , anything they put on could be seen as a "special event". And since they are not burning up any county permitting offices , I'm sure what you will see is the "Twisted" boat running in front of a small group of people with GPS , maybe even a LEO with a radar gun and lots of go-pro , youtube video's ...
    As to true speed on the water. I cant tell you how many 100 mph boat's I went by just cruising along at 90 ..
    Probably only Firebird ( wild horse I think it's called now) and Lucas Oil stadium have the latest equipment like the TSI super system that goes to .00000 And both of those are too short ..
    Just like any other record , only those who care about the subject , will pay attention and remember it .

Tach ... err .... AIM heads-up display mounted , working on the canopy hinge / release mechanism .. some rudder stuff .. and unless the General thinks of some other stuff he needs mount's for .. then I'm thinkin the frame can go to the painter and then get screwed and glued in place .. !

PS ... what's this rumble your referring to ...

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast