Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff, Gary....I don't remember too much from those early Rumbles (jk), but what I do remember, they were GREAT!!!! Fireworks and the State Police, being called. That could have been real bad! Later, Dave
    2018 South Bay 3.0+ Tritoon W/Merc 400R

2019 Wright Perfomance 36, twin Merc 400R's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I used to have my 14' Lund I went from Antioch to Algonquin, IL by boat. Went on Friday, it took me 2hrs and 45mins. one way. What a blast that was. On the way back from Algonquin I got lunch at Keifs Reef. I made one more stop on the way back to get gas.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nick View Post
    When I used to have my 14' Lund I went from Antioch to Algonquin, IL by boat. Went on Friday, it took me 2hrs and 45mins. one way. What a blast that was. On the way back from Algonquin I got lunch at Keifs Reef. I made one more stop on the way back to get gas.
    Damn, my old "propping grounds"! Algonquin was as far as ya go right? before the dam? Before was the "locks", to head south the Fox? Been decades since. Me left coast 2 decades now. Many nites me in the XS Switzer out Pistakee, head down river, to McHenry bridge. 2 lake front bars west side there, across the bridge (176 road?), was another joint with bands. Saw REO Speedwagon there in the 70's! "Gotta love the Fox Chain, as of course.."Blarneys". Been there since I was born in 1950, dad and older bro, all boat freaks. Best times life me the .."Chain".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the trips to the tortugas and wrecks fishing for 2 days at a time with dez nuts. (dave).catching cobia,mutton and red snapper,and black grouper.those trips were cool
    Gone but loved them all.

20' zero tolerance(action) 3.0 Evinrude
    19' action 2.4 E.F.I mercury
    18 Quartershot 2.0 mercury
    18' lightning(action copy) 245 mercury
    Allison xb2003 2.5 mercury
    17'action 2.5 mercury
    Allison xb2002 2.5 mercury
    19' action marine

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still going back to the beginning of this thread, for me and I know a lot of others. The first time you hit or broke 100mph!!! Just can't beat that.

Dave
    1980 Cougar 19 tunnel,90 2.4L Bridgeport EFI in middle of restoration.
    1988 BAJA Sunsport 186, 96 225 Pro Max
    79 12' Auminum, 95 Merc 9.9
    RIP Stu
    "So many idiots, so few bullets"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FLYING_BOAT.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	399.3 KB 
ID:	290103

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    coolest thing i done in a boat was some ladys lol
    Nitrous is like a slut. u wanna hit it but you know there will be consequences.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluechevy454 View Post
    coolest thing i done in a boat was some ladys lol
    Pg 13 web site but can say I have got more standing ovations from people watching my boat anchord then anything
    1990 hydrostream virage diamondpower280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by albypine View Post
    Pg 13 web site but can say I have got more standing ovations from people watching my boat anchord then anything
    ladys are better than 100mph lol
    Nitrous is like a slut. u wanna hit it but you know there will be consequences.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be more clear I started at Sequoit Harbor in Antioch, IL on Lake Marie. from there I went into Grass, then Nippersink, then Pistakee Lake, and into the Fox River. Went the same way back. Yes Keifs Reef is right next to 176. The other one that's next to 176 is Joey Bs never been to it before. You can't go past Algonquin Rd. that's where the dam. Yes McHenry has the lock you have your boat go through because of the dam. Yes Blarney's Island is still around.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluechevy454 View Post
    ladys are better than 100mph lol
    Thats debatable
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvin523 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FLYING_BOAT.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	399.3 KB 
ID:	290103
    looks like battery park?
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afr View Post
    coolest time in my boat
    here is a true story for uall
    my daughter and i where pass the third shipping lane dolphin fishin im my 18 will roberts flats boat 1969 all wood glassed over she was three
    everyone was watching a storm cloud coming in all day but it was flat all day seen a few dolphin even hooked up a few then last min i decided to head in over mollases reef just when i did this storm hit with 80 mph winds epic rain and 15 ft rollers in no time the boat had 50 gallons a water on the deck the bilge running none stop no compass and we could not see anything but the boat at this point i decided to hell with the boat i was running it aground if i had to and after a little while of running over these rollers and keeping the stern up what did i see my head pin for pennycamp
    end of story we made it back to the dock safe and sound wet as hell
    needless to say i bought a compass for the tackle box lol
    willy builds or built a hellofaboat
    So let me get this straight you were Dolphin fishing in an 18 ft flats boat in the Florida Straits with a 3 year old on board in Hurricane winds ( over 55 mph ) .
    " The Fleet of Old Boats "

'73 -14' Orlando Clipper Skiff -Yamaha 25
    93- 18 ' Renegade Nomad Flats boat -Merc 150
    '94 - 21 ' Allison XB - 2003 -Merc 260
    '97 - 19 ' STV Euro - Merc - 260
    '99 Benninton 2375 TOONER - V-6- 2 liter 150 Mariner
    2001 Grady White 263 - Twin Yamaha 250 OX 66

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Strong View Post
    Still going back to the beginning of this thread, for me and I know a lot of others. The first time you hit or broke 100mph!!! Just can't beat that.

Dave
    I'm 1.8 mph from knowing that feeling, trying tomorrow! Hoping for some cooler weather.
    18 Action 225 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nick View Post
    To be more clear I started at Sequoit Harbor in Antioch, IL on Lake Marie. from there I went into Grass, then Nippersink, then Pistakee Lake, and into the Fox River. Went the same way back. Yes Keifs Reef is right next to 176. The other one that's next to 176 is Joey Bs never been to it before. You can't go past Algonquin Rd. that's where the dam. Yes McHenry has the lock you have your boat go through because of the dam. Yes Blarney's Island is still around.
    OK, gotta add some here. Know Sequoit well, still have friends live Lake Marie. But I was wrong on "176", , more like "120".? off 12 into McHenry. Bars by the bridge over the river. But remember the "176", farther south, and those bars too. Did the locks in boats many times, and in winter we would "sled", all the way to Wilmot..(skied there too), and down river to the dam, skirt the shore around, and keep going. GREAT TIMES! And the Dam? Coming back north, crazy friend said..(iced over sides)..about 8/10 foot up?

Watch this! Sled was studded and had a "bottle button". DAMN. Watching..(hey, its still water related, just FROZEN!). Gary stuffed it on, and up 10 feet in the air after, landed! Came back the edge said. Well waved us as helmets on.."try it"! 6 us left, and us wimps "did the shore instead"! Simple great times the "Chain", winter or summer!

And no need tell me Blarneys, as was there a kid with my dad in the late 50's. After Nam, had a Switzer XS1500 in the 70's there and then was was the beginning of the "Thursday nite races" and no rules, just "grudge racing" the back side. Ran it until ya won, or ran outta room..zero "660". Place was 1/4 the size now, and everybody knew all else. Just a chithouse lotta fun there!

And ya damn right I got a old GF "Bikini top" up the ceiling there still. Remember one day dude parading around a "well built young cutie". Said, "for a dollar, its coming off from you, and you get to "pin it the bar!. Write yer name on a dollar bill, and stuff it in the "pass the hat". Bet the dude had gas money boat for a month..(no, I lost!). But the show was free.

Thing is back then Blarneys was ONLY getting there in a boat, no "ferrys", of idiots out. And I remember when that started too. Started the ferrys out, We use to leave keys in the boat, girls purses, what ever in the boat. Never a problem as knew each other.

One day some idiot from a "ferry ride" out was caught "back packing stolen out boats stuff" Didn't make it back the ferry, but cuffed in a VCG boat. But Blarneys still rules! (as the people!).

On getting laid at anchor? Thats easy! Remember one day did a "Chain" channel cruise 2 couples. Dropped them off back the house, and the cute little (called Spinners then), wanted to go back out! Go back out, on plane XS trimmed out a nice "rooster", and she simple yanked the kini bottoms off, said.."I wanna f ya driving"

Shes looking the "Rooster tail" motor, me looking off the side to see where I'm going, and I hit the shoreline and at 50 mph, gave the (I was well known there) give the shore crowd a "show"! Couldn't hear anything, but a LOT of "Thumbs up"

"Gotta love the "Chain". (make mems while ya young!")
    Last edited by Robby321; 01-11-2014 at 09:10 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast