Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Instigator View Post
    Besides having sex on the boat
    I thought that was just part of breaking in a new boat.

Dave
    1980 Cougar 19 tunnel,90 2.4L Bridgeport EFI in middle of restoration.
    1988 BAJA Sunsport 186, 96 225 Pro Max
    79 12' Auminum, 95 Merc 9.9
    RIP Stu
    "So many idiots, so few bullets"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx View Post
    Besides havin good sex on the boat my funnest times were taking numbers at the Rumble On The River in 2003...
    A friend and I were just reliving your top end pass there and both of us in disbelief that no one got it on video.

Beginning to think you made it up ; )

Jeff, was that the same yr you lost to Steve Z's nitrous boat in the semi finals in drag and then put up a grand on a re-match???
    Think if we had a professionally done video w/all the high lights from those yrs??

Raptor doing laps on his goped wearing nothing but a race vest ; ) The locals starting a gang fight after the Canucks hit on their women ; ) (still remember their boat disappearing into the night as they yelled "FK'g CANADIANS!)

Me and Gohr picking on each other w/me on the P.A. system (while pointing at him), him laughing at me as I reminded people to attend the JSRE seminar.

You know the one thing I never did at one that I always wanted to?? A dyno shoot out. Would have been a blast but crushed a ton of ego's.
    Had Monty all set up one yr to bring his dyno up but being a L&S unit and so subjective to operator input, we figured it'd turn to a pissin match.
    Still think it'd be a huge hit. Either light it up or shut up!

Maybe it was all a dream??
    Last edited by Instigator; 12-07-2013 at 05:42 AM.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary you put on the best and biggest boating event ever held in my days it was packed with cool boats along with fast ones I had that nitrous breathing bad boy covered in round 2,the course had had got short from the day before from the strong current but with the prop change he didn't know what hit him there was a bunch of money on the table that day,Gary you sure did put on a great party and the setting was great with the bar in walking distance...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The funny thing is you never got paid jeff he just ran away

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

coolest thing you have ever done on the boat

Quote Originally Posted by Instigator View Post
    Besides having sex on the boat
    never thought of that

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Strong View Post
    I thought that was just part of breaking in a new boat.

Dave
    Ever get humped DRIVING AT SPEED? (ya gotta look to the right side you, hers left.."the tit in yer face though..as whats going at ya, just to the right! Shes looking the roostertail, you the "saw the wheel", on the pad stop the slight "Chine walker then? Alone fine me, but you guys with chine walking probs? need a "bouncing humping" to solve it? Heck, damn sure can't hurt?
    Last edited by Robby321; 12-07-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    HA!..he's another mem, back the at one time Fox Lake Chain, as now? "Blarneys! to me?.
    Gotta share this, as ya and you Ill Fox Lake Chain/Blarney crowd know the spot. Ya think the bling under water parked LED lights are cool?
    Well yep, but any ever saw a night time rooster tail LITE UP with the "flashing blue and red lights to show it?" True story, and one the most memorable "in a boat" of many, but this takes the cake any, the now 55 years "wet" Long story, but its FREAKING COLD here, PNW, and bored!

Back in the 70's at the Chain, lived western burbs, but a W/E party shack on Pistakke. (sp), in a side channel next to Happys Ours resort..(leveled, now condos). I was going out with the owners daughter, Laura Wilson. Back then, everybody knew all, the street and water cops, and especially the fast boat crowd at Blarneys (was 1/3 the size now!). Also it was the beginning the "Thursday nite drags" too!

Anyway, the intersection Fox/Nippersink/Grass at night was a simple free for all. Me and Laura were BSing with the VCG, rafted, dark, and as the bars closed down way late, it to me was gonna be simple.."bad accident waiting to happen" Told the VCG that we should do a no wake zone there. And don't think we had slow boats then either. Second owner my friends 1500XS17ss Switzer..and damn sure wasn't a slug, more like a monster, as we knew Bobby Switzer, boat builder, the motor built by Ralph Kozan, and "the King of the cushion", OUTLAW Sprints, owner Fox Lake Harbor rigged it. Jim Moulis. 3 of the best of the rest!

Anyway, I had to go to SoCal for 2 weeks, nephew getting married, and spend time my bro and SIL. So I get back, and ITCHING FOR A BOAT RIDE! Got to the lakes at about 11pm. Switzer got wet fast. Laura who worked the bar..( and can't beat her bringing a couple six packs beer, as she had beer and ass, and I had gas and grass..(and a tiny spoon then!)
    Well a Nam Vet friend lived on Channel lake and having a party. So we leave, tagging along was her brother Tommy in the back. ...(heres the fun part!)

So I come in the intersection, slow down a bit, no traffic and thought I saw some ""white floating thing"..fly by? Gave it no thought.
    Come around the corner and into Fox and as still trimmed out, doing 30/40, and stab the pedal. HA! Tommy starts slapping my shoulder.."LOOK BEHIND YOU!
    Roostertail all lite up "red and blue flashing kaleidoscope of lights!" I lay off the foot, and the VCG came along side us. and it was a CC OB boat. Well when I nailed it, the one dude was in front, and I simple SOAKED HIS ASS silly!

He was about to get in "shoot'em mode", then saw Laura, and then me?

Never forget, when he said .."YOU, ya SOB, YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SAID DO A NO WAKE HERE! Told him the story of me gone 2 weeks, and simple didn't know.
    We BSed, shared a beer them, and went on our way. Thats when cops, street OR water, were real, cared more our safety, simple behave, than now, where its having fun and "spanked" and behave, now "cuffed and major bucks".

So any ya back there when ya gotta slow down there think of me. I might be "famous for nothing" .......but I saw something not right there.
    AND WHO WAS THE FIRST TO GET YANKED OVER THERE? ME!
    Last edited by Robby321; 12-08-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eli View Post
    never thought of that
    Worst part is, the best ones I can't tell ; )
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jeff....

Quote Originally Posted by racerx View Post
    Gary you put on the best and biggest boating event ever held in my days it was packed with cool boats along with fast ones I had that nitrous breathing bad boy covered in round 2,the course had had got short from the day before from the strong current but with the prop change he didn't know what hit him there was a bunch of money on the table that day,Gary you sure did put on a great party and the setting was great with the bar in walking distance...
    Those days were something special to be sure.

I remember early in, telling someone my idea and they said it would never work. Of course they were one of many.
    Although not that much of a drag fan myself I knew that's what would attract everyone and it was in it's hey day at that point.
    In my mind, I was 100%, dead set convinced that it would work.
    Remember too, the early Rumbles were also very early into the internet thing so we were all learning tons every day.

My thing w/the drags was, me reading all the jabs back and forth from the real racers between sanctioning bodies w/different rules.
    Most of those guys would never race each other. Unless................

No rules, no motor tech, no scales, nitrous if you want......., all for bragging rites. I remember one friend laughing at me when I told him that I was making certificates on my computer and that was all the winners would get. Well, they were in a frame from the dollar store.
    Funny thing is, I think everyone that won one...., stall has it hanging proudly.
    Funny how the true racers are always racers.

Another funny piece of trivia was how I paired you guys for the drags. First time at Carrolton (Rumble #2 but first one there) I had no idea what to do and was convinced I was going to piss people off no matter what I did.
    I took everyones name and snuck over the hill for some alone time. I did my damndest to put Merc Vs OMC and tunnel against Vee bottom. I wanted a show. Period.
    As you know it worked great and my validation was the next year when I had the drivers vote they unanimously voted I do the same thing.

Another tid bit.
    Larry Rowe from Arkansa had a bad ass OMC Mirage and called me up and told me he'd take care of business for me.
    He waved the OMC flag proudly as did his friend Gene Williams (I think) who had same rig but w/juice.
    I paired him w/Gohr to shut him up. Don't you know, Gohr pulled 3 boats on him in the first 100' and won by inches
    Larry totally misjudged the course and was way over propped as most were. (He and Gene were big time Smokin in the Cove guys which is 1000')
    I told him if he'd have told me, I'd have swam out in the middle of the night and moved the balls for him

Interesting comment about the current shortening the course. I can't remember if we checked it that morning but thought we did.
    Very smart on your crews part. well done.

Those were the days eh?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 2004 I bought my first boat (20ft Stratos VT). I was 34 at that time, no one in my family was into boating and I barely knew how to hook a boat to a hitch so did some interweb research and found a good place to go boat riding in Houston. First time out I couldn't get the boat started (carbs). I saw a group of guys with hot rod boats and asked for help......Fast forward to today and it's just unbelievable how many great friends I have in Houston due to that one day at the river.....The guys with the hot rod boats got me interested in drag racing and by doing that I met a pile of people from all over the country who I consider my friends. I know for sure I've met hundreds of people whom I know and enjoy being around due to that one day on the river.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timmc6 View Post
    We'll being I live on a 80 foot boat with a bar and a hot tub on the top Probally I will just pass on this one, Tim
    " The Fleet of Old Boats "

'73 -14' Orlando Clipper Skiff -Yamaha 25
    93- 18 ' Renegade Nomad Flats boat -Merc 150
    '94 - 21 ' Allison XB - 2003 -Merc 260
    '97 - 19 ' STV Euro - Merc - 260
    '99 Benninton 2375 TOONER - V-6- 2 liter 150 Mariner
    2001 Grady White 263 - Twin Yamaha 250 OX 66

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StratosVT View Post
    In 2004 I bought my first boat (20ft Stratos VT). I was 34 at that time, no one in my family was into boating and I barely knew how to hook a boat to a hitch so did some interweb research and found a good place to go boat riding in Houston. First time out I couldn't get the boat started (carbs). I saw a group of guys with hot rod boats and asked for help......Fast forward to today and it's just unbelievable how many great friends I have in Houston due to that one day at the river.....The guys with the hot rod boats got me interested in drag racing and by doing that I met a pile of people from all over the country who I consider my friends. I know for sure I've met hundreds of people whom I know and enjoy being around due to that one day on the river.
    Way cool story Harry. I remember your Stratos from Shreveport and that would have been soon into your new hobby/sport.
    Great story.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDave View Post
    That's funny Russ! Thanks for the laugh.

Coolest thing I ever did in a boat was drive my old Ally XB02.
    I did jump some tug boat wakes one time in the Ally, by accident, and landed perfect, by luck, on the next wake. The landing was so smooth you would think I never left the water. My eyes were about this big afterwards--->
    LOL!!! I remember taking that same boat across Maurepas in 3' chop. Half the time it wasn't in the water. Some one mentioned to me after I has posted a thread about that POS Cyclone after I broke it on a wave..... "What if you break your Allison?"..... Sorry, not happening.

One of the coolest things I've done in a boat was being a passenger in Howard Arneson's Skater at over 165mph in San Francisco Bay.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yepp, You know when you've been across Lake Maurepas in a fast choppy ride when your upper ass parts are rubbed plumb raw. No matter how hard I tried, I could'nt use my left foot to press me back into the seat hard enough. When I pulled Buddy Camps' blown XB02 to the Manchac Pass, the ride back was through a bad thunder storm approaching, nasty stuff. The constant launched landings smashed my skid plate up tight to the jackplate.There was a 30 foot something or another following me back to Blind River. They bought me all the beer I wanted till the storm passed. Lil' ol' bitty bote was getting it on!
    Russ Benton
    Allison XB-2003 w/JSRE Pro Max
    Allison XR-2001 w/260 +

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told my girl same thing, but it wasnt no sail boat it was water patrol, luckly i work at the marina as the head tech. and do all the repairs for the troopers on the water , and he let me finnish before he did a life vest safty check lol

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast