Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many stories could be told about doing things at cypress gardens,but saw a girl and her friends from school at the boat area there and she wanted to go for a ride in the first borum.went to the end of lake Eloise and she gave me a ride.but also remember seeing the first hydrostream flying on lake howard,was spectacular

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My boat had quite a reputation when I was in high school. Quite a reputation indeed . Yep, 30 years later and still got the same boat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wired247

I hope you have sterilized that thing.

Aside from all the sex we all have had on the water, I do remember a few funny things in a boat.

In the 1980's I used to boat of Hayden Lake in northern Idaho. I had a big block nitrous 21' day cruiser and my brother in law had a 18' v-drive. My brother in law owned a couple of car dealerships and drag raced (pro-gas) on the side. His v-drive was over driven and on nitrous. Back then we knew nothing about setup, it was all about horsepower. Well an Oldsmobile rep came up from southern California and was bragging about all the fast boats down there. I believe there fast boats, cars, bikes, planes everywhere. Anyway we took this rep. out on the lake and poured the coals to it and hit the nitrous and that boat took off for the sky. We never knew if the boat would land rightside up, upside down, hook, it was nasty. Well it freaked out that rep so bad he was puking over the side of the boat all the way back to the dock. He never said anything about how slow the boats were outside California.
    Last edited by jpf091959; 12-03-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpf091959 View Post
    I hope you have sterilized that thing.
    Oh yeah. 4 or 5 years ago. I have enough kids already.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one I my first dates was taking my girlfriend to a drive in Movie by boat, you could tune in the radio and watch it in the boat, they tore it down years ago but it was neat thing to do, Matt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one of the cool things is cruising at 80+ in the mid after noon 3+ footers windy conditions ,when all the toons and wake board boats are going slow because of the rough water
    and we zing right by and get weird looks , Gene Trickle from Oshkosh owns lake side on tomahawk lake so anybody looking for him is where he and his wife are .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolltv View Post
    one I my first dates was taking my girlfriend to a drive in Movie by boat, you could tune in the radio and watch it in the boat, they tore it down years ago but it was neat thing to do, Matt
    Now, THIS is cool ^^^^^^..........Not many have done this!

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got stranded overnight on a sand bar on a remote river in the middle of winter all night with the kids and no supplies. OK. That wasnt very cool come to think of it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eli View Post
    one of the cool things is cruising at 80+ in the mid after noon 3+ footers windy conditions ,when all the toons and wake board boats are going slow because of the rough water
    and we zing right by and get weird looks , Gene Trickle from Oshkosh owns lake side on tomahawk lake so anybody looking for him is where he and his wife are .
    Would like to get together with Gene and have a visit, great guy.

Dave
    1980 Cougar 19 tunnel,90 2.4L Bridgeport EFI in middle of restoration.
    1988 BAJA Sunsport 186, 96 225 Pro Max
    79 12' Auminum, 95 Merc 9.9
    RIP Stu
    "So many idiots, so few bullets"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    coolest thing I've done in a boat....met a lot of awesome people
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

Scream & Fly Flying Machine of the Month:
    September 2005

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ild&highlight=

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Lake Dallas, I had a friend with a big ski boat who pulled a Parasail around the lake, taking off from a sandbar / beach. During the summer we'd have 4-5 party barges tied together anchored out in the lake with a bunch of boats for fishing and playing. There were laways people coming up alongside while we were slowly towing someone up in the chute, those people would always be wanting to ride the sail. We usually did not have time to fool with others not already in our party.
    One day, we were towing someone with 1000' feet of line out, a boat came alongside to beg for a ride. One fine busty lil' ol' gurl with an slim excuse for a bikini was really toasted and wanting a ride. Me and my bud looked and each other, winked and said' Sure honey, you next". She loaded up with us. We dropped off the rider who landed in shallow water of the beach, and the beach crew put the girl into the harness, and off we went. We let her out 4-500 ft and she was having a ball, yelling and waving at everone.

We towed her over to the floatilla of party barges with a short line out where the drunks were BBQ'ing etc. We went around slower to let her drop lower for viewing pleasures. The second time around the partybarges, Dale slowed enough to get her in the water up to her neck, then gunned the boat, which some how removed her bikini top for a while as she was holding onto the parasail straps.We floated that girl around the area about 20 feet off the water on the way back to the beach to drop her off. I think she was the only unhappy camper within viewing distance that afternoon.
    You shoulda seen the amount of guys sacrificing their beers running up to help that poor lil gurl land on the beach,,, when the harness was unhooked, we went back to the party barges....
    Russ Benton
    Allison XB-2003 w/JSRE Pro Max
    Allison XR-2001 w/260 +

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's funny Russ! Thanks for the laugh.

Coolest thing I ever did in a boat was drive my old Ally XB02.
    I did jump some tug boat wakes one time in the Ally, by accident, and landed perfect, by luck, on the next wake. The landing was so smooth you would think I never left the water. My eyes were about this big afterwards--->
    Last edited by CDave; 12-04-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDave View Post
    That's funny Russ! Thanks for the laugh.

Coolest thing I ever did in a boat was drive my old Ally XB02.
    I did jump some tug boat wakes one time in the Ally, by accident, and landed perfect, by luck, on the next wake. The landing was so smooth you would think I never left the water. My eyes were about this big afterwards--->

Funny you mentioned barge waves, I crossed the Mississippi river today at lunch via the ferry. I was in the truck facing backwards while underway watching the big rollers the ferry was producing. The thought of skipping three of the waves tops played in my mind while crossing the river. Good thing I was not in the Alli, I think I coulda took em' on...! LOL. RB
    Russ Benton
    Allison XB-2003 w/JSRE Pro Max
    Allison XR-2001 w/260 +

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whooped up on a guy who always had some extra special lightweight 1 time limited production whatever boat, but never wanted to race when you asked him face to face. Caught him out on the water in my friends stallion one day, we put a small 25p cleaver on the GT 2.6 he had on it, and I beat him like a red headed stepchild 3 different times in three different races he wanted, and never broke 75 on the speedo. When the boats owner asked me how fast I was running his Stallion I said, oh, about 65 and left it at that. All the guys friends sat there and watched as I wore this guy out too knowing I had put it all over the boat he had boasted about, and only had to go 65 to do it. It was GREAT!!!!!

There is nothing better than taking it to some RUBE who brags 24/7 about how bad his junk is. Even from a dead stop, with that cleaver spinning bout 7k trying the get the stallion over, I still put a holeshot on his big ole inboard 454 powered barge.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    1979,put a SSM on my 2.4 formula/vector.Blew it over on the second run,vector junk.orderd a new comp Viking.Anyway,while waiting for the Viking,my fallback boat was a MX 15 comp/150XS.While being a great ride,no match for the V6.Soooo. I get bright idea to put the 2.4/SSM on the MX.Job done,we head off to Higgins lake.Things are going well,until my buddy got a good head start on me,not to be outdone I lay into it hard,somewhere around 80 there is a rogue wave and I launch.The boat did a 270 degree endo,and at the same time a 180 roll,at a altitude of 15-20 feet.Anyway it came down going backwords on the tip of the nose.When the engine,and transom finally hit,it stood strait up and took about thirty gallons of water over the transom.The coolest part,other than a bent steering wheel,there was NO damage to man or machine.Would sure like to have that one on tape.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast