Ok so I pick up my new to me '97 2.5L 225 promax tomorrow night and apparently they dyno at 245 HP to the prop. This is very similar to the 2.5L carb nic motor's rating of 245 and that of the 2.4L 240HP Bridgeport EFI or the 252HP Carb Bridgeport Mod-VP. I realize that out of the three the promax is the only steel bore motor and that it likely has more low end torque as it can make its rated power without having to spin to the moon. 6800 vs 7500 ish. I would assume dock manners would have to go to the promax too. My question is: If each was put on the same boat and setup as best as possible which motor would be the fastest? Horsepower is simple a measure of work so am I correct in assuming that they would all reach the same top speed if prop'd correctly to reach their powerband and make their rated HP? How about acceleration? Just curious as my promax will be competing against a buddy next year who's similar boat has a 2.4 Bridgeport. Than again the 235 Johnson I'm taking off my boat already runs down his Bridgeport.