User Tag List

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    an old friend had a gambler 19 ft, it had a merc bridgeport with a bart power head and who the f knows what else. he ran 60%110 and 40% 93 (whatever that mixes out to) and on gps had ran up near 120,ph, i think 119 solid number. i was in it with another friend so 3 adults, and gear, on patchaug lake, and we ran either 109 or 113 i cant remember it was one of them numbers. boat was pretty stuuuuupid! definetly made everything at 63-65 mph plus and total dog before that. that was back in the 90's. really wonder what the boat could have done with anything newer today but it was sold off and seperated.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So your saying a 19 Gambler ran 119MPH? With a Bridgeport merc? No way my friend.

The fastest gamblers were the 19 intimidators of the ealy 90's. With a bone stock 200 Merc and loaded light they could run over 80. Hot boat tested one at 82mph.

Even if you put a 330hp Merc Drag on the back it isn't gonna see 119 though. I am assuming you are quoting nitrous percentages in your post??? Maybe with a 250 shot it might make it but gonna be a real handfull to drive. I have experience with one with a 2.5 260 on the tail and you have to fly it to get it to run fast. Very hard to drive it then and it doesn't run flat at high speed, it runs nose up. Really up, which means it could easily blow over if you keep pushing it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neveredge View Post
    So your saying a 19 Gambler ran 119MPH? With a Bridgeport merc? No way my friend.

The fastest gamblers were the 19 intimidators of the ealy 90's. With a bone stock 200 Merc and loaded light they could run over 80. Hot boat tested one at 82mph.

Even if you put a 330hp Merc Drag on the back it isn't gonna see 119 though. I am assuming you are quoting nitrous percentages in your post??? Maybe with a 250 shot it might make it but gonna be a real handfull to drive. I have experience with one with a 2.5 260 on the tail and you have to fly it to get it to run fast. Very hard to drive it then and it doesn't run flat at high speed, it runs nose up. Really up, which means it could easily blow over if you keep pushing it.
    I agree this is why I'm satisfied with the 200 on my Shadow Tunnel V. My hull's kevlar and light for a near 21 footer, and on a good day with my Hoss Hyperdrive I'll see 85 flat out (mid to high 70's with my 4 blade fishing props) and even at those speeds I'll avoid running into the wind if blowing enough to tell for fear of blowing over. While I don't know if your talking about one of the Gambler Tunnel V's or not but if so at 119 it had to be nearly airborne at the time running downwind.

Don't get me wrong I really like the gamblers and would love to find one for my next project boat. And they are definately fast. I just don't know about 119 fast without major modifications and the danger of blowing over.
    1986 20 ft. 8 in Shadow Tunnel Vee
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper
    10" Quicksilver Para - Lift Hydraulic.
    Hoss 15 x 28p. HPD & 14 & 3/4 x 27p. Yammie Drag 4
    Ron Hill Custom 15 x 28p. 4 Blade O/T Cleaver, Mazco 15 x 28p. 3 blade Cleaver
    Hydromotive Intimidator Q4 15 x 27p.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allyda and Neveredge.....LOL.....I had to come back to this several times to try and word this correctly....This is what I have

Anything is possible but knowing Gamblers like I do and I aint no expert by no means but I would have to see videoes and documentation to beleive this. I know of SEVERAL fast gamblers....most of them sporting 225 mercs setup and most of them where not stock by no means and mid eighties on the very best days where there limits.ZX185 if you have any videoes PLEASE post them up. I would like to see this.

Still looking for a pic or 2 of a Lightning hull. SOMEONE has to have one SOMEWHERE.........I am goona keep hunting till I find one.
    Laser 1550 ...under construction with a serious weight loss
    Motor 2.4....undecided on hp yet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laser,

The early 90's 19 footer is a fast hull. I think it is probably the fastest hull Gambler ever made. As I stated it was tested by HOT BOAT magazine and went 82mph. That is faster than the Gambler 20SS ski boat they tested with the same 200 HP motor.

I do not believe for a minute that any Gambler went 119mph.

The 22 footers have run high 80s with 300 pro maxs on the back as tested by B&WB's mag. So an older 20 footer with the lighter hull should be faster with the same power. Just sayin. But most Gamblers I have been around are not very fast compared to other go fast hulls with similar power. Still faster than the cookie cutters though and definitely better looking.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe ZX185 meant kmh?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    years ago i had a 1987 model ranger that had a merc 2.4 175 on it, for s**t and giggles i put my friends 280 merc on it and saw 102mph out of it. It had more in it, i was getting alittle scare to continue with the nonsense.
    1978 hydrostream vandal comp sold!
    2011 hydrostream venom comp sold!
    1994 bullet 20xd comp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=1FASTLASER;2547385]Allyda and Neveredge.....LOL.....]
    Don't know why ya laughed at me I agreed with ya!
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allyda...check your pm buddy
    Laser 1550 ...under construction with a serious weight loss
    Motor 2.4....undecided on hp yet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just havin' bad day...

Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER View Post
    Allyda...check your pm buddy
    I got it. Bad day, had my boat all loaded up to hit the lake then it poured Guess I'll try again tomorrow. Same 20% rain chance though...............
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the boat ran in the mid teens on gps. it was a 19ft intimidator. the boat was well known in ct and was from rhode island. unless the goverment is wrong i had been in it triple digits on gps. the thing was far from stock. maybe i am wrong with the outboard? it was a merc with the cowl with the rubber straps to hold it down. believe what you want but the boat was for real. it probably wasnt 119 maybe 113, i honestly cant remember the true # we are talking 15 years ago. i havent talked to the guy in a long time since he got out of tournament fishing, i will try and get ahold of him and get the acurate info. the boat was fast, one of the fastest bass boats i have seen other than allisons in this area back in the 90's.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have to see video to believe a Gambler went 113 mph and didn't blow over.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a video of a gambler running, comparing some 24p to a 25 fury. Notice how high the nose is with the fury pass. That is how gamblers run. Imagine that kind of ride attitude at 100 mph. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EGZCmCOSOA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clayton bigsby View Post
    years ago i had a 1987 model ranger that had a merc 2.4 175 on it, for s**t and giggles i put my friends 280 merc on it and saw 102mph out of it. It had more in it, i was getting alittle scare to continue with the nonsense.
    Mounted flat to the transom no less......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zx185 View Post
    the boat ran in the mid teens on gps. it was a 19ft intimidator. the boat was well known in ct and was from rhode island. unless the goverment is wrong i had been in it triple digits on gps. the thing was far from stock. maybe i am wrong with the outboard? it was a merc with the cowl with the rubber straps to hold it down. believe what you want but the boat was for real. it probably wasnt 119 maybe 113, i honestly cant remember the true # we are talking 15 years ago. i havent talked to the guy in a long time since he got out of tournament fishing, i will try and get ahold of him and get the acurate info. the boat was fast, one of the fastest bass boats i have seen other than allisons in this area back in the 90's.
    I wonder what Darrius would say. http://www.allisonboats.com/content/...apba-record-2/

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast