User Tag List

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Mike View Post
    Never Had An Issue With Al Stoker (Racer) He's Usually Very Up Front And Extra Helpfull To All The OMC Guys...Maybe Somebody Sent Him A P.M. 1st...Not Making Excuses For Anything Or Antbody Just A Suggestion....Kind Of The Same Thing Happened To Me Last Week On A Flywheel... I Was Pissed But, The Guy Had Way To Much Good "Stuff" That I Needed To Stay That Way Long. Send Al A P.M. I'm Sure He Will Explain It To You.
    Mike you need a fly wheel I got a couple of them,Tim

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timmc6 View Post
    Mike you need a fly wheel I got a couple of them,Tim

Rite Now I'm Good I Think Tim. I'll Know Next Weekend And Let You Know. Thanks!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rite Now I'm Good I Think Tim. I'll Know Next Weekend And Let You Know. Thanks!
    Are you going with a light flywheel? I always wondered what kind of performance gain using one would give.
    1986 20 ft. 8 in Shadow Tunnel Vee
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper
    10" Quicksilver Para - Lift Hydraulic.
    Hoss 15 x 28p. HPD & 14 & 3/4 x 27p. Yammie Drag 4
    Ron Hill Custom 15 x 28p. 4 Blade O/T Cleaver, Mazco 15 x 28p. 3 blade Cleaver
    Hydromotive Intimidator Q4 15 x 27p.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyda View Post
    Are you going with a light flywheel? I always wondered what kind of performance gain using one would give.
    Yes We Run Light Flywheels....Some Lighter Than Others... Turning As Many RPM's As I/We Turn, The Light Balanced Flywheels Are Way Easier On The Crank. As Far As Pure Performance Gain...It's Minimul. Just Easier On EXPENSIVE!! PARTS!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes We Run Light Flywheels....Some Lighter Than Others... Turning As Many RPM's As I/We Turn, The Light Balanced Flywheels Are Way Easier On The Crank. As Far As Pure Performance Gain...It's Minimul. Just Easier On EXPENSIVE!! PARTS!!
    I can see where it would help in that area. As far as I know my looper's running a stock flywheel. I hadn't planned on too many modifications to it though because I want to re-power some day with a Yamaha HPDI 225, or A Merc 2.4 or 2.5. My other choice is a 225 E-Tech. About the only real mod I have planned for my looper is a low water pickup nose cone. I'm gonna need it with my new hydraulic jackplate.
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1ST. I'm No OMC Guy But, If My Old Memory Serves Me, Didn't Some Of The Older OMC V-6's Have An Issue With A Harmonic Vibration From The Stock Flywheel? If Your Motor Falls Into That Catagory...And I'm Not Sure One Way Or The Other...Then Your Motor Would Be A Perfect Candidate For A Light Balanced Flywheel. There Are A Couple Of Guys That Lightened And Balanced Them On S&F. I Know Gary Williams Had A Couple, Seems Like Greg Dunham Had A Couple. Not Sure Who Does The Work Except For Monty...Gordon Montihu...They Really DO Help The Top Crank Bearing And Top Of The Crank...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1ST. I'm No OMC Guy But, If My Old Memory Serves Me, Didn't Some Of The Older OMC V-6's Have An Issue With A Harmonic Vibration From The Stock Flywheel? If Your Motor Falls Into That Catagory...And I'm Not Sure One Way Or The Other...Then Your Motor Would Be A Perfect Candidate For A Light Balanced Flywheel. There Are A Couple Of Guys That Lightened And Balanced Them On S&F. I Know Gary Williams Had A Couple, Seems Like Greg Dunham Had A Couple. Not Sure Who Does The Work Except For Monty...Gordon Montihu...They Really DO Help The Top Crank Bearing And Top Of The Crank...
    Mine's an 86 model with the newer style flywheel. I think the one your referring to Mike were the flywheels on the older crossflows pre 1983 but I'm not sure. In any case I wouldn't mind replacing mine with a lighter better balance alternative. Mine's like the one in the photo below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails looper flywheel.jpg  
    Last edited by Allyda; 01-30-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine's an 86 model with the newer style flywheel. I think the one your referring to Mike were the flywheels on the older crossflows pre 1983 but I'm not sure. In any case I wouldn't mind replacing mine with a lighter better balance alternative.
    That Sounds Rite...I Just remember From Years Back, Guys Would Hit The Panic Button If They Got Close To 6000! Now, Funny Thing I Heard, Was If You Ran A Smaller Prop, The Motors Were Good At 7000 (+). Just Didn't Want To Stay Between 6000 And 6500 For any Liength Of Time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Sounds Rite...I Just remember From Years Back, Guys Would Hit The Panic Button If They Got Close To 6000! Now, Funny Thing I Heard, Was If You Ran A Smaller Prop, The Motors Were Good At 7000 (+). Just Didn't Want To Stay Between 6000 And 6500 For any Liength Of Time.
    Look at the photo in my above post -that's the flywheel I have.
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about the out break last night . Al left a pm and said that he was sorry that he did not know that I was really wanting to buy the props? All I can say is ! The good news is I got all my things to finish the shadow and will start first thing tomorrow and can't wait. I will post some photos Sunday to show the progess. Mike are you coming to bucksport for outlaw race in june?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onemortime View Post
    Sorry about the out break last night . Al left a pm and said that he was sorry that he did not know that I was really wanting to buy the props? All I can say is ! The good news is I got all my things to finish the shadow and will start first thing tomorrow and can't wait. I will post some photos Sunday to show the progess. Mike are you coming to bucksport for outlaw race in june?
    Glad to hear it. I'm very much looking forward to seeing some photos!
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onemortime View Post
    Kind Of Depends...IF I Go To The Allison Rally, Probably Not. Also Depends On How The Rucker Race Goes...I'm Going To Try Running The 1600# Class With The XB02' The XR02 Doesn't "Fit" In Classes As Well As The Bass Boat With My Motors...280's Are Strong But A Drag On Compression....It's No Match. The Boat Would Make Up For Some Of It But, The "Driver" Would Cost It So...I'll Run My Little Ol' Bassin Boat...It Ain't Skeered!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Weather Today!!! Nice Meeting Allyda..."Hot Rod" Ran Like A Bucket Of $hit But...I Can Fix It...Wrenches/Props/New Driver...I'm Sure It's Simple! Great BBQ And COLD Beer! Can't Beet That...What Month Is It?....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea it was a great day Mike. I did make that one good run. There was still a little more in her too. Forgot my gps so don't know how fast I was going but I know I was movin. I think after I change out my jackplate and clean out my fuel pickup in my gas tank my issues will be solved. I do have other props (7 in fact) however that yammie drag didn't do too bad. It was mostly the prop catching too much air just before breakover. That's why when I played with the trim I finally got her up. I'll see if that photo came out ok and if it did I'll post it. It was a great day none the less. Busy at the ramp though, lol!
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea it was a great day Mike. I did make that one good run. There was still a little more in her too. Forgot my gps so don't know how fast I was going but I know I was movin. I think after I change out my jackplate and clean out my fuel pickup in my gas tank my issues will be solved. I do have other props (7 in fact) however that yammie drag didn't do too bad. It was mostly the prop catching too much air just before breakover. That's why when I played with the trim I finally got her up. I'll see if that photo came out ok and if it did I'll post it. It was a great day none the less. Busy at the ramp though, lol!
    Yep' The Ramp Today Was...Interesting...To Say The Least But, With The Weather Like It Was, I Couldn't Blame The 1ST. Person For Being Out!! See You Again Soon! Mike.

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast