User Tag List

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No bother. I'll take Mikes word on it cause I know some of tha NOA stuff went away for whatever reason for some of those years. He gimme enough information ta jar some of tha old, burnt up cells loose. That first boat was driven by Colins and came from a busted up stv. Pretty sure it was tha year before tha 02 came out. Don't get me started on tha Laser. It was and still is my favorite..........They make life "exciting".
    Last edited by tlwjkw; 12-09-2013 at 05:20 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got reading this post. I bought a 84 laser bass from s/f member a couple years ago. It had a bad transom,stringers,knees,deck,but the hull was perfect.l took it to a local boat repair shop and had him to replace all the bad wood with cosaboard. Then had him repaint from the water line up with imrom paint and buff the bottom of the boat. I sandblasted the trailer and primed , repainted, new rims,new tires,wiring,lights,new bunks,carpet,etc. Rebuilt a 2.4 bp to factory specs (carb,7 peddle) bobs nose cone , 1.87 gears with a masco 29p re chopper prop o/s cut. It is running 91mph @ 5900 rpms and still a lot more pedal left . My next project is a 86 vt shadow bass boat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onemortime View Post
    I just got reading this post. I bought a 84 laser bass from s/f member a couple years ago. It had a bad transom,stringers,knees,deck,but the hull was perfect.l took it to a local boat repair shop and had him to replace all the bad wood with cosaboard. Then had him repaint from the water line up with imrom paint and buff the bottom of the boat. I sandblasted the trailer and primed , repainted, new rims,new tires,wiring,lights,new bunks,carpet,etc. Rebuilt a 2.4 bp to factory specs (carb,7 peddle) bobs nose cone , 1.87 gears with a masco 29p re chopper prop o/s cut. It is running 91mph @ 5900 rpms and still a lot more pedal left . My next project is a 86 vt shadow bass boat.
    I'd like to see a photo of both your Laser and especially the 86 VT Shadow.
    1986 20 ft. 8 in Shadow Tunnel Vee
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper
    10" Quicksilver Para - Lift Hydraulic.
    Hoss 15 x 28p. HPD & 14 & 3/4 x 27p. Yammie Drag 4
    Ron Hill Custom 15 x 28p. 4 Blade O/T Cleaver, Mazco 15 x 28p. 3 blade Cleaver
    Hydromotive Intimidator Q4 15 x 27p.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me n u both Allyda!!!!!!
    Laser 1550 ...under construction with a serious weight loss
    Motor 2.4....undecided on hp yet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind'A Funny Back...WAY BACK...There Was A Guy Here In The Area, I Think He Actually Lived Over In New Port Richy, That Had The Dealer Here In Tampa Order A SUPER LIGHT Laser Bass Boat...Seems Like It Was A $hit Brown Medal Flake Boat. Couldn't Even Walk On The Decks! Guy's Name Was Danny Zinzer..Mite Have Spelled His Last Name Wrong. He Loved The Damn Thing! He Bought A Couple Of Shadows And Last Time I Saw Him, He Had Bought And Sold A XR02 Allison...It Was Brown And Tan He Liked Brown I Guess. He Had One Of The Only "Dick-O-Dey" 2.4 Motors In The Area. Never Set Any Records Or Anything Like That But, Use To Get PLENTY Of Attention At Bass Tournoments...Had A Super Small...With The Motor Removed... Trolling Motor Kind Of Mounted On The Deck! If We Would Have Had Any Drag Races Back Then...This Was Even Before The Citrus Drag Boat Club In Crystal River Barge Canal Which Started In 87'/88'...He Would Have Done Very Well. He Tried Racing The Allison But, He Couldn't Drive For $hit! Long Time Ago...Funny Thing Was, The Guy That Sold Him The Laser, Also Sold The Shadows, Had A SUPER LIGHT HydraStream Bass Boat...From What I Remember It Weighed Less Than 400-lbs...Got A Couple Of Allisons, ETC...Pretty Cool Guy! If It Was Fast, He'd Get It For You If You Had The $$$
    Last edited by Corona Mike; 12-20-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda like this one............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 85Laser007.jpg   DSC00160.jpg   laser 6.jpg  
    Last edited by tlwjkw; 12-20-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tlwjkw View Post
    Kinda like this one............

Yea' But Ol' Danny Went All Out To Make It "Look" Like A Bass Boat! Cool Little Ol' Boat...He Got Caught Across Kissimmee In One Of Those BAD Winter Storms! Liked To Have Not Made It Back! Light Was Good...Long As You Were Racin' Not Worth Much In Rough Water!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I Remember...He Had A Standard Normal Lay-Up Model That He'd Fish Out Of...He Just Brought The Light Boat Out To Mess With Guys...Mostly Me And My Partner...We'd Catch Him In Bad Water With Our Old 18' Allisons And It Wasn't Much Of A Race BUT! If He Caught Us In Good Water And He Had That Light Boat....We Usually Finished 2nd!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Mike View Post
    Kind'A Funny Back...WAY BACK...There Was A Guy Here In The Area, I Think He Actually Lived Over In New Port Richy, That Had The Dealer Here In Tampa Order A SUPER LIGHT Laser Bass Boat...Seems Like It Was A $hit Brown Medal Flake Boat. Couldn't Even Walk On The Decks! Guy's Name Was Danny Zinzer..Mite Have Spelled His Last Name Wrong. He Loved The Damn Thing! He Bought A Couple Of Shadows And Last Time I Saw Him, He Had Bought And Sold A XR02 Allison...It Was Brown And Tan He Liked Brown I Guess. He Had One Of The Only "Dick-O-Dey" 2.4 Motors In The Area. Never Set Any Records Or Anything Like That But, Use To Get PLENTY Of Attention At Bass Tournoments...Had A Super Small...With The Motor Removed... Trolling Motor Kind Of Mounted On The Deck! If We Would Have Had Any Drag Races Back Then...This Was Even Before The Citrus Drag Boat Club In Crystal River Barge Canal Which Started In 87'/88'...He Would Have Done Very Well. He Tried Racing The Allison But, He Couldn't Drive For $hit! Long Time Ago...Funny Thing Was, The Guy That Sold Him The Laser, Also Sold The Shadows, Had A SUPER LIGHT HydraStream Bass Boat...From What I Remember It Weighed Less Than 400-lbs...Got A Couple Of Allisons, ETC...Pretty Cool Guy! If It Was Fast, He'd Get It For You If You Had The $$$
    Mike I don't know if your old enough to remember Staley's Hudson Marina in Hudson off Hudson beach road, but that's where I was chief mechanic and got my 1st OMC certification before I went into the Air Force. This was back in the late 70's early 80's. Soon after I left, the business folded. Heck -Pelicam Marine tried to poach me for my skills to work for them as I had built quite a reputation for myself with the local mullet boat drivers and Marine Patrol as I worked on all their boats. I loved working for Hugh Staley though. It was a family business and I was treated like family. So even faced with the temptation of higher wages plus commissions plus outstanding benefits I stayed where I was. We had alot of racers come through there and we made alot of runs down on lake tarpon. I even took my 1st basser, a 17 ft 7 in V hull bright metalflake green Glastron powered by a 175 Johnny down a few times. Those were the days man. It was back then a year or two after leaving I saw my first 20 ft 8 in Tunnel Vee Shadow and wanted one from that day on. That was 1984 and it took me a few decades but I finally found the one I have now in October 2011 & made it mine.

I used to frequent Port Richie alot back in those days and more recently in 05 thru 07 before I bought the house I have now. Thanks for bringinf back memories of some great times.
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Kind Of Remember Stanley's. I Do remember Pelican...He Would Sell You Quicksilver Oil In Bulk (55-gal If You Wanted It!) Looks Like We'll Have Plenty To Talk About Sunday!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER View Post
    Me n u both Allyda!!!!!!
    how about the 2014 shadow ?,no longer a rare boat,now the Evangelist performance bassboat co, Greenville,SC

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of folks have great expectations for the new Shadows. Been hearing some wild speed numbers!
    1990 Shadow bass boat w/ 2.4 200 Merc. Totally resto'd boat and love it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varmint View Post
    how about the 2014 shadow ?,no longer a rare boat,now the Evangelist performance bassboat co, Greenville,SC
    Mine's probably gonna sit this low in the arse once I replace my old Bob's two piece jackplate with my new 10" Quicksilver Para Lift Hydraulic jackplate. I'm running out of dash space for gauges, controls and what not. Thinking about relocating my switch/fuse panel and using that area to mount the 2 gauges and the control switch for the Para Lift. Not sure about this but it's my best idea yet. My other is to get one of those black or chrome 3 gauge aftermarket under dash pieces.

My tach quit on mt the other day also. It is a Faria I took out of a shop boat to use for a temporary until I get my new one My new gauges are Faria too but they're white faced black numbered with chrome bezels. Right now all my gauges are white with the exception of this tach -it needs replaced anyway. Maybe my boat's rejecting it.
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rgsauger View Post
    A lot of folks have great expectations for the new Shadows. Been hearing some wild speed numbers!
    So have I -low to mid 90's with a 250 opti or SRX. When I repower I already know the motor I want and have already found it. Remember don't hate me for this, but I found an 04 225 HPDI Yammie that needs the powerhead rebuilt. Just waiting for the guy to come down to a reasonable price before snatching it up.
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varmint View Post
    So where can I find some specs on the new shadow?
    Laser 1550 ...under construction with a serious weight loss
    Motor 2.4....undecided on hp yet

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast