Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hydrostream Vegas V bottom Cream Puff

I'm not even going to try to post pics but anyone who would like to help can post them for me. It is beyond my Computer Pea Brain. I have just handled a purchase of a beautiful turn key rig from a gentleman in my neighborhood, for a new member on this site, that wanted his completely original Vegas to go to a rightful owner. It is truly showroom condition and was at one time in a article in Hot boat magazine. The original owner if from Maine but has lived in south Carolina for the last 6 years. He got the boat new from Hydrostream and rigged a new motor on it in his back yard after getting it home from the factory. I feel like i just bought 29 years of life from someone who loves this sport as many or more that most of us and I wanted everyone to see how clean this boat is after 29 years. Dave has seen many Hydrostreams in my driveway since I moved into the Moncks corner area and has always stopped by to talk but this last Sunday he told me it was time to sell his boat. I sold it for him the next day to a friend of mine who has been dieing to get back into the sport. It really is the cleanest Original Hydrostream Ive ever seen and all of you will appreciate it. I have never big a big fan of the Vegas but this one has changed my mind and I am very happy and proud for the mew owner. I even get to take it to Fl. this weekend to shake it down and I may be running it on the St. Johns this friday. I hope some one will be kind enough to post a few pics for me today. And before anyone ask NO it has never had a core replaced and appears to be very solid but we all Know better than that. I would love to say it dosnt need one but I know better than that. This boat does not even have the slightest hairline crack in the transom corners. Dave is 71 years old now and has taken care of this boat like it was a priceless jewel. The interior looks like it was stitched yesterday. It really is a cool boat for what it is and I cant wait to get it wet this Friday.
    Last edited by MUDSHARK; 08-28-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    The evidence of poor quality lingers much longer than the success of meeting a budget.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to see that old boat come on down got the grill warmning up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what up Larrito, you seen the landing on Pico Rd lately? I wonder if its under water. I might make a call down to Big Boys, they will tell me. I know they use it for test and tune. Did Pops get the jack plate today?
    The evidence of poor quality lingers much longer than the success of meeting a budget.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No he got off early and said he will grab it tommorow he was almost home by time I called to see if he would go by fullthrottle but jack and dirty found it for ya and I told dirty to put it outside and dad will grab it tommorow

as far as pico goes not sure but should b fine even if water is up usually good ramp . But if we go to Glenn sat I'm puttn in down welaka or jungle den

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    pics coming

I cannot get them to rotate and stay so I hope you guys have laptops!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (Large).JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	375.1 KB 
ID:	282193Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo1 (Large).JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	349.3 KB 
ID:	282194Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo2 (Large).JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	250.9 KB 
ID:	282195Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo3 (Large).JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	344.3 KB 
ID:	282196Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo4 (Large).JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	375.8 KB 
ID:	282197
    Last edited by Mr. Demeanor; 08-28-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might put in Welaka too. I know some very trashy women in that area that may want to ride in your caddy. remember the mother step daughter combo?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pics coming

Thanks Chris.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo5 (Large).JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	255.4 KB 
ID:	282198 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	413.6 KB 
ID:	282237 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo0.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	440.1 KB 
ID:	282238
    Last edited by Mr. Demeanor; 08-29-2013 at 08:27 AM.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats what Im talking about, thanks Demeanor. Its a 1984 with a 2.4 200. Every screw on this thing is like it has been preserved in time. I love looking at the pictures side ways, makes me feel like im Flying.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being the proud new owner of the Vegas in question, I too am anxious to await the "Fla Sea Trials" this weekend. Unfortunatly I will not be able to attend. Mr. Nasty is a very accomplished "pilot" and mechanic and I know the beast will come back in better shape than when it left Charleston. The shake down has begun! Having been the owner of 3 Allison Crafts and one Mood Craft going back to 1977, I am excited to get my hands on this jewel. This will be my 2nd hydrostream actually as I lost my unrigged 2006 Venom with a 2.5 Merc, never saw the water, in a "custody dispute" (divorce)! Mr. Nasty has a keen eye and it took him less than 15 minutes of discussion to convince me that this was the boat I "had" to have, either that or he was going to mortage the back forty and take it himself! Thanks MUD, you know how to spend MY money, haha!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best money I spent is on things that will make you smile!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to S/F & Congrats on the new boat . It looks MINT! Very cool. Can't go wrong with White & You don't see very many V bottom Vegas like our's now days. If you don't mind me asking I would like to know your speeds & the set up your running after your shake down.

Last edited by A-train-97; 08-28-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sure is a great first boat . Can't wait to see it wish u could come down too Hydrocution any friend of my cousin clay is a friend of mine !!!!! Hopefully u can make it down next time .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks A-Train, really looking forward to getting my feet wet once again, and the hum in my head buzzin....Mudshark will have some preliminary numbers when he gets back from Fla. Currently it is running a 28 small eared chopper, which has been worked, Land and Sea hydraulic plate with a broken pump so the plate is going to remain static this weekend. When it gets back we are gonna put a Bob's 6" manual jack plate and 2" wedges. Prop wise, having a 27 SRX reconditioned. Original owner stated she ran 84 in its present configuration and hurt his wife with a broken seat bottom. Thus one of his reasons for selling it. She wont go near it anymore, lol. 2.4 200 hp with a 20" Bass Mid. Stock 200 gear case with a Land and Sea nosecone. Full interior with center mounted glovebox and cup holder for my drink! haha. What are you running and speed by the way. What is your set up and what props does it like? Thanks for the interest! Glad to be a member!</SPAN>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not my first fast boat just my first Hydrostream. So how did Clay do behind the wheel last time with you? Inquiring minds wanna know, something about screaming like a little bi**ch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast