Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lower unit mods on 1985 johnson 150

Hey guys I have been tuning my setup for a while now and have gotten to the point where I have 3 things that have been suggested that I do(already have a bob's nose cone and am in the 1/4 range under the pad). 1)is add a torque tab. Anyone have someone do this? how much was it?. or how easy is it to do yourself? 2) is to pin the carrier. once again I want to know how much someone else has paid to get it done, or if this one is worth doing to this lower unit. It will be surfacing for the rest of its days as of right now. 3) is drilling exhaust relief holes, I run a srx 27 chopper that has been worked and should act somewhat like a 28'. Im interested in drilling the exhaust to relieve the exhaust flowing over the chopper and allow it to bite better/have less change in holeshot with added weight. I like the idea of having the holes below water level so that I can idle around without a ton of noise( in know since I surface my prop the noise when I am on plan is super loud behind me and I doubt that'll change much with the holes.
    1984 17vee Bullet w/1985 Johnson 150gt (bob's nose cone, hydrodynamics custom 8in. jackplate, custom skid plate and foil, and 26p trophy plus) currently 70mph tournament loaded.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Send it to Titus at lowh2o.com.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in the learning process with these things and do not have the money to send it off to Titus otherwise I probably would. Just looking for people who have had experience with these things and what the positives and negatives have been.
    1984 17vee Bullet w/1985 Johnson 150gt (bob's nose cone, hydrodynamics custom 8in. jackplate, custom skid plate and foil, and 26p trophy plus) currently 70mph tournament loaded.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How fast is your boat? Or what is your target speed?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My boat setup should hit in the low to mid 70's at best. That's what guys have told me that have had similar setups. The speed in my sig. is not WOT its just the current limit of my driving ability.