Hi-Performance Mercury EFI 250

I am selling my 1999 Mercury 250 EFI and getting a 250 ProXS. The entire motor (top to bottom) was gone through last year. The 3.0L powerhead was completely rebuilt and has about 25 hours on it. I went through a 10 hour break-in before winding it up. I have not yet had this motor over 5800 RPM. It will “scream and fly” but does like the gas.

The complete rebuild consisted of:
    Cylinders Bored (one new sleeve) and all matched at 0.015 over. (done by Ruck)
    New Coated Pistons
    Hand Lapped Seal Rings
    New Rod Bolts
    Connecting Rods Honed and Checked
    Rods and Pistons Assembly Weight Matched
    New Bearings (Crank and Rod)
    New Heads (I also have a set of 250 XB Heads that will go with the motor)
    New Head Bolts
    New Performance Reeds with a 250 XB Reed Plate
    New Oil Pump Drive Gear on Crank
    New Oil Pump
    New Thermostats
    Simon Lightweight Flywheel
    Fuel Injectors Cleaned and Flow Tested
    300 PM Ignition ECM (Stock 6400 RPM Rev Limiter and extra 2 degrees of timing)
    20” Bass Mid with fresh powdercoat
    Cowls (uppers and lowers) repainted and in excellent condition with a new set of decals.
    Lower unit was completely gone through, new seals and gears checked to be in great condition.

All work was done by local Certified Mercury mechanics that build both race and fishing motors.

This motor is definitely for someone that is looking for an extremely fast motor on their boat. If that is what you want…this is the one for you. It is located in Elwood, Illinois and it can be shipped at the buyer’s expense. I would prefer that we install it on your boat and run it on the water. I am 5 minutes away from the river. Installation at no cost for a boat already pre-rigged for a Mercury. Asking $6,500.00 OBO. Call Craig at 815-342-3017 or email ctjkf4@krausonline.com (pictures to come soon).
    Last edited by basspro57; 04-25-2013 at 12:56 PM. Reason: more options

Here are some Pictures.It has 200 stickers on it now (my old boat was only rated for a 200) but I have a set of the 250 numbers to put on it if you want.

I also forgot to mention in the listing that it has a new alternator and solid mounts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0686s.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	266.1 KB 
ID:	276020Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0688s.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	286.3 KB 
ID:	276021Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0696s.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	278.0 KB 
ID:	276023Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0694s.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	275.5 KB 
ID:	276024Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0695s.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	279.8 KB 
ID:	276025