Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need help setting up my bullet

I have a 94 bullet 20xd I need help with setting up. It has a stock 2.4 200 merc. with a 25p prop that is on a 15" jack plate. The boat has a 5" solid plate and a 10" manual jack plate mounted to it, do I need both? Whats a good starting point for motor height and what kind of speed should I expect? Thanks for any help guys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need the setback... Ive fogotten about the prop heights on those boats, but I'm thinking 2" above the pad rings a bell but proceed to that with caution... If you have the OE style water pickups and good performance oriented prop then raise the motor incrementally until you see the water pressure start to act erratic (sucking air), then drop down maybe one click from there.. After that it's kinda fine tuning... Maybe keep the engine in the low-mid-6,000 rpm range...

Within reason try to keep your weight rearward and balanced laterally, and try as many props as you can...
    Last edited by Ted Stryker; 04-05-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the info. what should my water pressure be and what kind of speed could i get out of this motor?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember what water pressure is normal for those, but a regular 2.5 typically pushed 12lbs or more but it can depend on the gearcase too... Just make sure you have a healthy pump, reliable pressure gauge and watch for erratic readings... Speeds I'd guess around mid 70's with a light load and soild set-up..
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you should see between 12 and 15 lbs of pressure . You don't say what kind of gear case you have --- but if you have a low water pickup case or a sportmaster --- set the prop shaft at 1" above the pad. If you have a stock case I would place the prop shaft 3.5" below the pad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most bullets i deal with around here with that combo, only run a 12" set back
    and a tempest actually runs really good on that 200. so does a trophy or txp if you want a 4 blade.
    the 94 bullet is a lil lighter than the newer ones so you shouldn't need a bunch of setback. since you already have the setback work with what you
    first. with a bunch of setback you could suffer holeshot. if so.. try putting a car innertube inside the plate. that will float the back of the boat much better and help with holeshot and backwash when shutting down. (i used a 14" tube on my 20xd with 250xs)

if you have a coned case then a 26 bullet cut chopper will run great. set it at 1.25" above pad with coned case.
    stock case (with top 4 holes plugged) will run best at around 1.5" to 2" below pad. tempest,trophy,txp.
    98 XR2001 Drag w/pro stock mota

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contact Charlie Blasi ... Also known as Bullet20XD.... He is top notch on settin up bullets for big numbers
    Laser 1550 ...under construction with a serious weight loss
    Motor 2.4....undecided on hp yet