User Tag List

Page 30 of 271 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 80 130 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe tux is having buyers remorse about the 70k he just dropped on a new tuff ....
    77 challenger 200 yami
    82 shadow 3.6 gt sold
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=g...&v=09QazIq2FgY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by berzerko View Post
    Maybe tux is having buyers remorse about the 70k he just dropped on a new tuff ....
    Why would he regret the best built, fastest and sexiest 21' pleasure boat built today?

Greg...
    Why are new materials/building processes better??? Because they result in a stronger lighter product. If there wasn't progress in this stuff you'd be arguing over the best way to "soak up" your wooden soup bowls and Regressions.....stir, stir, stir...
    '08 SRV
    Yamaha 3.1 Phase III

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
    Just to touch on your 1 and 2 spots.... The new Tuff I believe ran 102mph with a passenger, stock merc xs... AND a full interior. The Bernico that ran was likely a raceboat, with just a driver, and the discussion on the motor is key... (mystery 2.5 merc.).

Some of the anlgles look nicer than others... It's a very unique boat.
    Hi Mitchie,
    The Bernico F2 Xtreme was not a race boat, and it ran with both a driver and a passenger. As far as the motor, I did some checking on that and the race rules preclude Aviation fuel so the motor would pretty much need to be stock to compete. In addition, and this pretty much seals the Bernico's #1 position, the speeds are being recorded by calibrated race equipment so nothing but hard data. All that said, the Bernico 21' SOB stands as the fastest production hull available new. I'm sure everyone would be happy to hear directly from TUFFboat himself on what he has seen and not seen. After all, he does own the boat and the company so the information given would be directly from the source and would be very interesting for everyone following this thread.

In addition, you will note in the attached video that the driver of the Bernico F2, Bob McCarthy, is not exactly a flyweight himself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WBggHZaWCk

And here is another video of a Bernico F2 out for a joy ride in a light chop
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AK1hRoaTpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
    Hi Mitchie,
    The Bernico F2 Xtreme was not a race boat, and it ran with both a driver and a passenger. As far as the motor, I did some checking on that and the race rules preclude Aviation fuel so the motor would pretty much need to be stock to compete. In addition, and this pretty much seals the Bernico's #1 position, the speeds are being recorded by calibrated race equipment so nothing but hard data. All that said, the Bernico stands as the fastest production hull available new. I'm sure everyone would be happy to hear directly from TUFFboat himself on what he has seen and not seen. After all, he does own the boat and the company so the information given would be directly from the source and would be very interesting for everyone following this thread.

In addition, you will note in the attached video that the driver of the Bernico F2, Bob McCarthy, is not exactly a flyweight himself.

We get it, you like the Bernico....buy one already and shut all of us up lol
    Johnny Saris
    Driver-441 32 Cobra
    Saris Racing Engines
    World and National Champions
    www.facebook.com/TeamSaris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tux974 View Post
    I want to be perfectly clear with the reason why "I defend Tuff".
    IMPO!!! Mark has taken a GREAT GL timeless design made some awesome improvement in the design, in the materials used and his current building technology! I think I'm repeating myself from some 30 pages ago
    What I have also found is simple, some people just can not see passed their nose, can not understand today's technology and are stuck in tunnel vision.
    Now as per speeds, I can care less 50,60,100,120,150mph etc. All I care about is what my rig will do and what 150mph rig got put back on the trailer
    Like I mentioned in a prior post, the driver makes a huge difference! To me driver and setup is key to success

BTW, Like I also mentioned before, I sure hope that the original poster along with some others have read and are reading through all the provide info which I think most has been very informative so they make a real educated decision.

PS; Time will tell what Tux is up to....
    I have to agree to a point, Im not getting why everyone is sh!tt!ng on Tuff. As far as Im concerned, If Skater were to build a 21Vee, it would look like a Tuff, be built like a Tuff and probably cost about the same as a Tuff. Get what ya pay for
    Johnny Saris
    Driver-441 32 Cobra
    Saris Racing Engines
    World and National Champions
    www.facebook.com/TeamSaris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fast fun 2 View Post
    Im not getting why everyone is sh!tt!ng on Tuff. As far as Im concerned, If Skater were to build a 21Vee, it would look like a Tuff, be built like a Tuff and probably cost about the same as a Tuff. Get what ya pay for

I don't follow, who is sh!tting on Tuff?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark. Aka TUFFBoat was not the driver, 102 is two up, I forget the exact speed. Driver only it is faster, again I forget the speed. I will ask him next time I talk to him.
    The Bernico is also A LOT lighter, pound for pound I would like to see how quick each is. And FYI, on pump gas, I can make a 2.5 make about 30 more hp than a stock 300xs
    2023 TUFF 25

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No,p22s do not have notched transoms I believe that picture is of a p27.And no the layup and materials that Progression builds with is not an option,all are built with same top quality. Progression will change what ever a buyer wants as they are a custom builder,as long as they felt it is structurally sound.But Im sure it also would not have a 10 year warrantee. And also think the weight is less than posted.Will try to find out more.
    27 Progression IO 22 Progression 300xs sold http://youtu.be/_K8boEfKrx4

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
    Hi Mitchie,
    The Bernico F2 Xtreme was not a race boat, and it ran with both a driver and a passenger. As far as the motor, I did some checking on that and the race rules preclude Aviation fuel so the motor would pretty much need to be stock to compete. In addition, and this pretty much seals the Bernico's #1 position, the speeds are being recorded by calibrated race equipment so nothing but hard data. All that said, the Bernico 21' SOB stands as the fastest production hull available new. I'm sure everyone would be happy to hear directly from TUFFboat himself on what he has seen and not seen. After all, he does own the boat and the company so the information given would be directly from the source and would be very interesting for everyone following this thread.

Okay fair enough. My facts were not straight on the Bernico.... BUT. There are not many dudes out there bigger than the guy that actually has the New Tuff. And his passenger (Fibretron) is so tall that his head would act like a parachute, causing parasitic drag. lol. AND... All the AV fuel stuff means is that the compression was not out of this world. I am not taking anything away from the Bernico... It is obviously an amazing boat...

I also would like Mark's input on this thread. But he is probably busy rigging that red boat for the Toronto boat show... And if I hit the lottery, He will be busy Rigging a serious yamaha on the back of it for me!!!!!!!!

How can you argue witch classic styling, the absolute best in light weight and high strength materials, The highest end attention to detail and skill during the build, gel coat that looks like Wally did it, show quality rigging and custom components, and BALLZ OUT extreme performance in smooth and rough water!?

The boat is pretty well perfect.
    "They hate us 'cause they anus."

]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goneby View Post
    No,p22s do not have notched transoms I believe that picture is of a p27.And no the layup and materials that Progression builds with is not an option,all are built with same top quality. Progression will change what ever a buyer wants as they are a custom builder,as long as they felt it is structurally sound.But Im sure it also would not have a 10 year warrantee. And also think the weight is less than posted.Will try to find out more.
    Thanks goneby, that answers it, no notched transom on the P22.......my mistake. They are awesome hulls. It would be cool to have a close-up picture of the P22 pad. I wonder if it is dead flat or if it has a few degrees of deadrise built in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1991Progression22.jpg   2005Progression.jpg   2006ProgressionP22.jpg   2008ProgressionP22.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a correction on my confirmed top speed as posted it was 94 not 95 would not want to be called a liar

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg G it is a 7"pad with a 5 degree dead rise

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea but 95 sounds better
    People say I'm lazy but it takes all my time

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's funny. Who's counting on the speed stuff anyway, right?....... Ok, so the pad on a Progression 22 OB looks like this.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Progression22Bottom.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gm250 View Post
    Thats funny stuff brabender you had a fast p22 any input on the progression
    Brabender didnt you actually own 2 Progression 22s

Page 30 of 271 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 80 130 ... LastLast