User Tag List

Page 21 of 271 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 71 121 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HERB View Post
    And as far as Tuff boats they look great and could be fast just prove it like I did, bring one to any gathering, Mark did bring one once to the Romp with a 225 did not impress anyone with the speed. I ran 90 with a 250 merc back than on the white boat. Bring one that runs 100 and PROVE IT. I took the Intimidator everywhere including Tenn for the Tenn river run. I would let anyone put there GPS in the boat so there was no question I had real numbers. And what I understand that boat still has real numbers.
    How does that saying go PUT UP OR SHUT UP. That goes for everyone that talks s--t.
    Just saying.
    So the guy that owns the XS powered Tuff needs to come to LI to prove that it goes 100+? It's not like he hasn't ever been to any of our runs....it ran 102 with a passenger (fibertron) and has gotten faster as the season progressed. Would you come to Canada to prove your speed to me???
    '08 SRV
    Yamaha 3.1 Phase III

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoktorC View Post
    So the guy that owns the XS powered Tuff needs to come to LI to prove that it goes 100+? It's not like he hasn't ever been to any of our runs....it ran 102 with a passenger (fibertron) and has gotten faster as the season progressed. Would you come to Canada to prove your speed to me???
    How DARE you confront them with logic!
    I like that Tuff, a lot. The 28 too
    Johnny Saris
    Driver-441 32 Cobra
    Saris Racing Engines
    World and National Champions
    www.facebook.com/TeamSaris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fast fun 2 View Post
    How DARE you confront them with logic!
    I like that Tuff, a lot. The 28 too
    The 28 is unreal....I've spent a few days in the navigators seat in the outboard version. It really flattens out Georgian Bay.
    '08 SRV
    Yamaha 3.1 Phase III

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's not be reasonable here Dok.

Also the lakes that they gently cruise on are glass smooth.... lol. Lake Simcoe has claimed a 37 talon and a 44 Nortech... And lake Muskoka is basically Canada's version of LOTO.
    The Tuff boats I am aware of are run in water that is most often no fun for my boat. And also i am completely unaware of ANY failures of any sort. I obviously am not an offshore racer.. Nor do I really know Sh!* about anything... But Mark is and does.
    "They hate us 'cause they anus."

]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
    Let's not be reasonable here Dok.

Also the lakes that they gently cruise on are glass smooth.... lol. Lake Simcoe has claimed a 37 talon and a 44 Nortech... And lake Muskoka is basically Canada's version of LOTO.
    The Tuff boats I am aware of are run in water that is most often no fun for my boat. And also i am completely unaware of ANY failures of any sort. I obviously am not an offshore racer.. Nor do I really know Sh!* about anything... But Mark is and does.
    Mitchie you just dont understand... when the moon is full and the statue of Liberty is in heat.. the waves that form no 950lbs tuff will be able to keep up with a Weak Transomed, Tie Bar'd, 21 superboat ...

Seriously Mitchell get your head adjusted.
    21 Skater w/ 250SHO

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamescole View Post
    a Weak Transomed, Tie Bar'd, 21 superboat ...

Seriously Mitchell get your head adjusted.
    That's gonna keep the thread going for a few more months lol.
    '08 SRV
    Yamaha 3.1 Phase III

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's gonna keep the thread going for a few more months lol.
    Jamescole has spoken. lol.

Why does Mark even bother with infusion and baltek and vinylester and carbon/kevlar and such? Regardless of speed.... Unless your eyes are painted on, you can see the difference.

]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamescole View Post
    Weak Transomed, Tie Bar'd, 21 superboat ....
    Very true...just how they started out making them 1978-1979 which kept them light and "super" fast. Were only meant to hold a 200 merc back then and keep cost down. Find one and you are guaranteed to have a fast ride !
    1990 22' Activator Yami HPDI 300-sold-86.4
    1976 21' Challenger 2002 3.1 Yami 250 Vmax phase lll 89.7-sold
    1982 21' Superboat 300merc-87
    1990 22' Activator yami OX66 Vmax 250-84.2
    1982 30' Scarab-twin 200 Merc-sold
    1979 21' Challenger 300 Evenrude-sold
    1979 21' Superboat 200 Merc-sold-72

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dnelson964 View Post
    Very true...just how they started out making them 1978-1979 which kept them light and "super" fast. Were only meant to hold a 200 merc back then and keep cost down. Find one and you are guaranteed to have a fast ride !
    Ya James....we could complete the set...I've already got a 24 and a 34 in the yard lol. The 24 has tie bars but the 34 doesn't.
    '08 SRV
    Yamaha 3.1 Phase III

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Tuff that didn't impress Herb at the romp ran a pre e-tec 225 with a stock gearcase and 1.86 gears, it runs a 28 trophy hard to the limiter in the low 80's everyday. With a best of 87mph with a merc 34 cleaver. Not bad I would say. Everyone up here is well aware if has fast the Tuff's are, you all seem to dispute this, yet we have never questioned any of you on how fast your stuff is.

What is the fastest any sob has run with a 300xs?
    2023 TUFF 25

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tux974 View Post
    I think the primary reason why no one bought the boats, me included was because they got bad mouth from day one and (a few other reasons which I will not get into on here), said they were being built with inferior materials, by Mexicans, in an improper building facility due to no heat and they will never hold up! Not saying they would have sold a bunch but when it gets bad mouth from the start, it will never stand a chance!
    BTW, The reason why I did not personally buy one was, I did know Herb at the time, did not know much about the company owner, building methods etc so I choose to listen to hear say and back out on the deal!
    Just so you know the so called mexican that was building Intimidators also built Hustlers, Activators, and a Superboats over the last 20 years. So saying the intimidator is crap becuase of who built it would make all these other boats crap as well and everyone is still running them. Superboat uses the cheapest gelcoat and woven he can find and his boats hold up just fine so i dont see this as a valid arguement as to why someone would not buy the intimidator but buy a superboat. Id like to see any boat manufacturer in todays economy that can stay in business without the use of imigrant workers. Sure there aren't many... and for the record hes not mexican and he is actually a very good guy who knows a good deal about boat building.

I feel bad for the original poster that asked a legitimate question and now has to read through a 25 page pissing contest lol

21' Shadow--250 3.0l

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 87starflite View Post
    Just so you know the so called mexican that was building Intimidators also built Hustlers, Activators, and a Superboats over the last 20 years. So saying the intimidator is crap becuase of who built it would make all these other boats crap as well and everyone is still running them. Superboat uses the cheapest gelcoat and woven he can find and his boats hold up just fine so i dont see this as a valid arguement as to why someone would not buy the intimidator but buy a superboat. Id like to see any boat manufacturer in todays economy that can stay in business without the use of imigrant workers. Sure there aren't many... and for the record hes not mexican and he is actually a very good guy who knows a good deal about boat building.

I feel bad for the original poster that asked a legitimate question and now has to read through a 25 page pissing contest lol
    I guess you seem to have a problem with reading comprehension.
    If you have or had read and understood what I have posted you will see/find that what I meant was that the boat got an unfair rap which I personally got caught in!
    I like to leave it at that without the need of any additional details.
    BTW, 0 issues here with immigrant workers as long as they become legal, 48 worked for me, great workers with the correct guidance.
    Also the poster of this thread IMPO has gotten so great back ground and info.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understood what was said. I was pointing out i dont see how they got a bad rap for this when every other builder was inherently doing the same. Was not intended to be nasty or point fingers. I have said my peace.

21' Shadow--250 3.0l

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RBT View Post
    The Tuff that didn't impress Herb at the romp ran a pre e-tec 225 with a stock gearcase and 1.86 gears, it runs a 28 trophy hard to the limiter in the low 80's everyday. With a best of 87mph with a merc 34 cleaver. Not bad I would say. Everyone up here is well aware if has fast the Tuff's are, you all seem to dispute this, yet we have never questioned any of you on how fast your stuff is.

What is the fastest any sob has run with a 300xs?
    Rob.... Regardless of speed. How could ANYONE not be impressed with the build quality and top of the line materials?
    I think the intimidator is probably a decent boat.. And obviously a big bang for your buck. But NOTHING except the Progression is gonna come close to the product you get with the TUFF. You could shave in the reflection of every surface of the gel... And the structure is just ridic'o'luss! The boat is full of "THICK" core like the challenger. Just use reason here.

]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goes back to the same discussion from the start... My challenger when goneby had a 300 xs on it 85 mph, tuff only 150 lbs lighter yet 20 mph faster at altitude in fresh water....better bottom blah blah blah.... Better materials blah blah blah. I guess I'm just ignorant or stupid or both
    great thread by the way
    77 challenger 200 yami
    82 shadow 3.6 gt sold
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=g...&v=09QazIq2FgY

Page 21 of 271 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 71 121 ... LastLast