User Tag List

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MODVP22 View Post
    How does it run with that big Rude?
    I have only seen the boat race once and out at the lake once but from what I hear the picture says it all. I believe he won either every race or just about every race this past season. There is only one other Triad that I know has beat it but that was not at a sanctioned race.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jamie's_pix_391.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	268427

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 1997 currently in Richfield, WI I purchased it about 5 years ago from an employee at the Mercury plant in Fond Du Lac.

Steve Bagin
    97 Triad V 21 97 Pro Max 225

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, clean boat t34!
    "They hate us 'cause they anus."

]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
    Nice, clean boat t34!
    Nice shorestation too!
    '08 SRV
    Yamaha 3.1 Phase III

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a few more picture of me boating today. It was in the mid 70's and sunny.

Jason H.
    Last edited by jsnvulcan13; 11-25-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw the pics on the other board. Boat looks great with the new motor. It sure seems like a lot of these boats are getting SS motors on them. I just need to save up some change and get a real powerhead on mine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful boat, Jason. Nothing like the South for year-round boating.

A question for the Triad historians; was the Allison GT20 the template, or just the inspiration for the Triad? Inquiring minds want to know.
    You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by encouraging class hatred. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few more pics

Here's a few pics Tyler sent me from the DSRA awards banquet saturday night. He was DSRA Performance Bass & Ski High Points Champion and World Champion for the 2012 season

It runs good with the Etec on it and it hardly uses any gas, makes a nice dependable lake boat

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that may be Iverson's boat. I wish that boat would have stayed here long enough for me to get it. This is just as good as the hydrostream thread, with the exception of every other post being about how they tore oot their rotten transom or floor. Someone (Chummy) has to get Wally back in the shop, before Texas takes all these awesome boats.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly from what I understand, Wally's health won't allow him to maintain a steady production.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I think that may be Iverson's boat. I wish that boat would have stayed here long enough for me to get it. This is just as good as the hydrostream thread, with the exception of every other post being about how they tore oot their rotten transom or floor. Someone (Chummy) has to get Wally back in the shop, before Texas takes all these awesome boats.
    It is Iverson's boat
    Erik Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mother******!!! I'm growing very suspicious of Texas....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys Im a novice when it comes to these Triads, up here in Wiscconsin and Illinois its Streams and Checkmates. So up until recently you could still buy a new one? I think this boat is very attractive for a older design, I hate to say it but I think it looks better than the GS Ally, but thats me. Why are great Pad Vs like this and the Laser obsolete? Im not saying they would sell like the 70s or earlier 80s but I think if One small company had the molds for the 380,Triad,Hydrostream Vking, and some others they could sell a good number a year, or did I just kind of describe John Spaeth? I dont know,I see all these Killer Triads and Lasers and seriously think those 2 seem to be the Ultimate all around Pad hull for flying and actually boating???? You guys say their very forgiving and I dont read alot about them hookin like GSs.....Im keeping my eyes open for either a 380 or one of these, that 1997 380 Ray Center steer that was for sale last year on here is my dream boat....It was pure hell not to be able to buy her......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The open bow Triad I have has been a blast to drive and very forgiving. The coned lower unit I was running until the carrier threads stripped would blow out at 84 mph and the boat would just set back in the water with a little roll. Straighten back up and get back in the gas. Tried a CLE after that and it would blow out at 77 mph with the same characteristics. Hopefully the sporty will be the ticket to getting me past the 84 mph mark. It handles rough water excellently and flies straight as an arrow whether at 50 or 80.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a quote for Wally back on September of 2010 from another board.

"To answer the question:

Do I have plans to make any more....NO...

do I have the molds to make anymore ...YES....

Would todays market and economy pay for it...I doubt it....

Does any motor manufacturer make a good new motor to put on it....not really....

The boat was designed in 1990 around a 200- to 240 HP motor that weighed 390 to 450 pounds. I dont think anybody makes those anymore thanks to the US government and their emissions standards.

God Forbid somebody with a 225 Pro Max or a 260 or a 280 puts .04 parts per million of unburned gas and 2 cycle oil in a 100,000 acre lake....

But its OK to shoot 200 Space Shuttle Missions out of Florida burning 40,000 pounds of liquid rocket fuel into the atmospere from ground level to the stratosphere.....and punch a hole in the ozone the size of TEXAS.

Not to mention my health problems over the past 4 years and the fact that I dont have a crew of employees anymore, (and really dont want one).

Building a boat by myself is possible, but sometimes you cannot meet the chemical "windows" to make a quality product. Most people think Fiberglass work is 2 parts you mix together and if it gets hard...everything is "great".

Some people think you show up at work at 9:00 am in the morning, mix up a big batch of fiberglass ****, pour it in the mold, go to lunch, drink a few beers, and when you come back......HEY...ITS A BOAT !......just need to install the interior, and hang the motor on the back, and its ready to go.

I even had a guy from NY come to my shop in 1995, when I was on shop #3, which was a 40 x 100 foot metal building with a 12 foot eve height about 1500 feet behind my house in a 3 acre field. (Casey, Chuck, Galen, Paul Freeman, Mike Clemmons, Michael Dixon, Rusty Campbell, and others have been there). I took him to the lake, gave him a test ride, he was impressed with the V-21 and interested in buying a new boat. When we returned to the shop, he told me he couldn't see how we could build the boats in that shop.

I asked him ...WHY>>?>>>> ?

He said that the top of the roof of the building was too low to stand the 21 foot molds straight up and pour the fiberglass in to make the boats.....

I couldn't resist........

I told him the roof was retractable....it wasn't a problem, we had it closed today because we were not "pouring" a boat today, we were just doing some rigging on the 2that were in the shop and we and we wanted the shade.......

THAT IS NO BS.....thats how simple people think about boat building! They just dont have a clue....

Its really all about CHEMICALS,

crosslinking polymers, active bond sites, secondary bonding, compatible diacids, monoacids, what percentage of oxygen is in your oxygenated methylethel ketone dibutyl methiolates you have per weight ratio to diacids or monoacids in orthopthalic , or isoptahlic , or vinylester bases, or blends, cobalt salt compounds, Dimethel analines, amines, styrene percentages, and not using any type of resin which contains dicyclopentadiene. and I could go on...but who cares?...

I 'm kind of partial in my thinking, but I think it's a great boat for its intended purpose. Family funboat with good interior space and storage, Ski the kids, Drink a few beers, cruise around, hang out with the hot rod crowd with respectable speeds, and once mom and the kids are on the bank, before Daddy puts it on the trailer, make a few 95 to 105 mph passes just to finish a fun day off...

Its all about the FUN.

Like I said in a previous post, if Nick has 1/2 as much fun in that boat he just bought as I did when I owned it, he will have gotten his money's worth."

http://www.byuboyz.com/forums/showth...ighlight=texas

Jason H.
    Last edited by jsnvulcan13; 11-30-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast