Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody notice the National Guard delploing in their area?

I have heard stories, (and watched one video from Ohio) where National Guard troops are deploying across the nation....

One guy said his brother, (a Guardsman) was unexpectidly called to duty last week and wouldn't talk about why.

The video I watched showed truck after truck on the highway heading some where.....it looked like they all had SAM's or something on the back of them....but the lead trucks were brown, (tan) colored....not army green....?

I understand that New York, and Texas also have troops building there.

One video I saw showed DHS setting up a mobile unit in some National Forrest out west......

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!
    JOHN MASON
    '83/VECTOR/MERC 200-- SOLD
    '98 Quartershot T-3/ MERC 200

"If your not living on the edge, your taking up to much space"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like, at the least, we're putting on a show of our superior national defense for someone, somewhere. Maybe, for a change, we're going to spend some tax dollars actually defending the country against attack, instead of nation-building and killing entire Afghan families with daily drone attacks.
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    Sounds like, at the least, we're putting on a show of our superior national defense for someone, somewhere. Maybe, for a change, we're going to spend some tax dollars actually defending the country against attack, instead of nation-building and killing entire Afghan families with daily drone attacks.
    Normally, I would avoid comment in a thread like this but your reference to "killing entire families" struck a serious chord with me. Have you been there??? No.....you saw it on (insert random liberal media outlet here) so it must be accurate and completely truthful. My views on the operations abroad are immaterial as I, very simply put, have a job to do....plain and simple. While I'm sure there has been, and will continue to be wrongfully delivered ordnance in times of conflict, to say this is in any way, intentionally indiscriminate if you will, would show an all new level of complete and utter ignorance.

Ever had a kids used as decoys to stop your convoy so you can get peppered with IED's?? Or how about the father that puts an AK or RPG in his kids hand, teaches him how to kill Americans with it, and sends him out the door as a diversion, thereby placing Soldiers smack dab in the middle of a moral dilemma....only so their snipers have more time take their shots.

Just because thousands of servicemembers past and present protect your right to talk about it, doesn't mean you always should.

/end rant
    1976 Hydrostream Viper - 2.5 EFI
    Resto Thread Here
    2010 Go-Pro Stuff

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." -G. K. Chesterton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw on our national news a few days ago large numbers of USA national guard troops were heading to Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Gagetown for a really big exercise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sonik,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a well thought out reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonik View Post
    Normally, I would avoid comment in a thread like this but your reference to "killing entire families" struck a serious chord with me. Have you been there??? No.....you saw it on (insert random liberal media outlet here) so it must be accurate and completely truthful. My views on the operations abroad are immaterial as I, very simply put, have a job to do....plain and simple. While I'm sure there has been, and will continue to be wrongfully delivered ordnance in times of conflict, to say this is in any way, intentionally indiscriminate if you will, would show an all new level of complete and utter ignorance.

Ever had a kids used as decoys to stop your convoy so you can get peppered with IED's?? Or how about the father that puts an AK or RPG in his kids hand, teaches him how to kill Americans with it, and sends him out the door as a diversion, thereby placing Soldiers smack dab in the middle of a moral dilemma....only so their snipers have more time take their shots.

Just because thousands of servicemembers past and present protect your right to talk about it, doesn't mean you always should.

/end rant
    Bruster's Mercury solid motor mounts, details here:
    http://www.powercatboat.com/Bruster/Bruster.html
    I'm been living in fast forward, now I need to rewind real slow....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pyro, the 1st part of you statement I agree with, the second part is BS....The guys that defend our country, could have their moral undermined by those types of statements. You need to back up and retract that..... Sonik is telling it like it is....

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    I saw on our national news a few days ago large numbers of USA national guard troops were heading to Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Gagetown for a really big exercise.
    Well, it's about time we attacked you Canadians, and got this over with Thank you President Obama
    Living in the Freedom provided by Bud Conner and his fellow warriors.
    R.I.P. my Heathen Brother

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well put brother. Keep on keepin on Jeff. We depend on you. For those that don't know he is in the sand box doing a job most of us couldn't.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonik View Post

/end rant
    Veterans of my generation are all too familiar with that liberal attitude. My wife still feels extreme shame for the times she used the term "baby killer", directed toward returning Vets. It just demonstrates tremendous ignorance.

Thanks for your service Jeff

10. Likes KIRCHNER liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So well put Jeff. Thank you for your service. Ernie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply jeff.----I did see last night a quick clip about isral getting ready to whoop some iranian ass, thats bound to bring some chit home to us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes... Thank you for your service, Jeff.

My wording was harsh... But, plenty of innocent bystanders have been killed and injured by our "non-wartime" military activities, as we spread the message of freedom that we aren't willing to embrace and defend at home..

National defense should be just that.

While we're busy nation-building democracy in other countries and legislating away our own rights, Russia is busy cruising armed submarines around our coastlines, undetected.
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=pyro;2365771]Yes... Thank you for your service, Jeff.

My wording was harsh... But, plenty of innocent bystanders have been killed and injured by our "non-wartime" military activities, as we spread the message of freedom that we aren't willing to embrace and defend at home..
    Freedom, Make your post as an Afgan in their country, and see how quick your head separates from your body.

National defense should be just that.
    That..... what that?

While we're busy nation-building democracy in other countries and legislating away our own rights, Russia is busy cruising armed submarines around our coastlines, undetected.
    Another Virial internet rumor , I heard it on the internet so , it must be true.

Cat and mouse with subs is a time honored tradition. Back in the early 80's a russian sub off our coast got tangled into the towed sonar array (a very long cable that listens for subs) of our sub. Embarassing for both .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Allow me to preface first by saying that my initial response here to Chad wasn't intended to orchestrate any kind of mob mentality or "support the troops" response but both myself and my joes appreciate your kind words. The term "innocent bystanders" you mention is an unfortunate result of metric f**ktons of variables, a good portion of which are NOT within our control. It is unfortunate and undesirable yes, but not entirely unavoidable. The question is, where is the equilibrium point as it applies to your national defense stance? Based on your argument, I'd say it lies within our borders, as opposed to outside, and be that the case, the aforementioned "innocent bystanders" may, and most likely will be our own people on our own soil (ring any bells?). Is that any more or less acceptable?? You tell me.

There is no magic answer, no magic solution to the problem. The "bring them all home" philosophy sounds great in conversation, but fails miserably in theory and reality simultaneously. What do you think would happen if all U.N. involvement in the middle-east were to cease right now??? Israel??, Syria??, Iran??, Afghanistan??, Pakistan??...(insert 1/2 dozen others here).....you're smart enough to draw your own conclusions about the long-term end-state of the region, IF you take the time to educate yourself without bias.

"Take it to them or they'll bring it to us" rings true if you know anything about history. Again, I'm not saying I don't have strong feelings one way or another, but in the grand scheme of things, they are insignificant and inconsequential. I pick and choose battles carefully.....and thats how change is accomplished in my world, 1 small philosophical/operational/political/personal battle at a time....I usually abstain from any type of political discussion EXACTLY for this reason.

The almighty agenda drives everything, everywhere.....period. I have witnessed a "story" run on Al Jazzera that took a simple logistical supply run (I may or may not have been there, which is why I may or may not know), and twisted it into the most ridiculous pieced-together, far-fetched, propaganda-based garbage I have ever seen or heard. My point is, if these guys get people throughout the world to buy this garbage, I would hope that Americans realize that this very same tactic has, is, and will continue to be used to gain favor within our own country. How do you think.....(Here is where I'd make a reference to current administration policies but I'm not allowed so I won't) And how do we combat that???? 1 small philosophical/operational/political/personal battle at a time.......
    1976 Hydrostream Viper - 2.5 EFI
    Resto Thread Here
    2010 Go-Pro Stuff

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." -G. K. Chesterton

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast