Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

250ho etec

Hey guys. How can i check or test if my stator is faulty on my etec. Its not charging my battery at all..... I checked all termainals and plugs in the engine loom, and all the positive side wires at the connections had corrosion? Please help. This has been a long problem for me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not 100% sure on this buti think the stator churns out high voltage to run everything and i think the EMM controls the charging of the battery. i would trace the wires and check them while running to see if voltage is being produced.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stator consists of 3 separate windings that feed into the EMM. The engine runs on a 55 volt system and the EMM takes 1/4 of each voltage sine wave to operate the battery charging and the 12 volt electric fuel pump.

You test the stator for resistance and shorts to ground for each set of windings, and you use the factory special tool to test the total cranking output of the stator. If everything checks out OK, then the EMM is faulty as that controls the voltage and amperage used to charge the battery or batteries.

Since you have a 250 HO, it is still in warranty or fairly close to it. Have your dealer check it out then call his Evinrude dealer support hotline to see if anything can be done to help you out with repairs if the motor is out of warranty. The factory has been very generous to its customers.