Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry It's Official: Obama to Sign Gun Control Treaty July 27

It's Official: Obama to Sign Gun Control Treaty July 27

7/5/12
    Obama bypassed Congess to halt deportations. He bypassed Congress to provide massive amounts of aid to Palestine. So why is it so hard for some people to believe Obama is capable of restricting gun ownership?
    According to Dick Morris, Obama will sign the Arms Treaty on July 27.

The purpose of which is, according to Morris:
    The real purpose of this is that it will set up an international agency that will be in charge of controlling the flow of arms throughout the world. And while it will theoretically have jurisdiction over arms flows across national borders .. you know like the Interstate Commerce Clause... we see how that can be expanded. And it really will have the authority to tell member nations to adopt policies within their own countries to facilitate regulations of flows across borders. And those could include, will include, registration and may well include bans on arms and guns.
    Now if this treaty is ratified by the Senate, it assumes parity with the 2nd Amendment. It is as if there is a new 27th or 28th Amendment to the Constitution. Because the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution says treaties are the law of the land and cannot be overriden by acts of Congress or acts of the state legislatures.
    For those of us who value the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms, this is absolutely pivotal .. they changed the venue but it is the same fight.
    Backfire

If the NRA announces it is going to "Score" the Senators who vote for ratification, it will not stand a chance of being ratified. The NRA did the same with the Holder contempt vote and the Democrats walked out [instead of voting] rather than be scored bad by the NRA.

I think he will just do it like he does everything else, by executive order. Won't need a list of senators to vote out.

Forest Lake, MN (the land of 10000 frozen people
    http://www.factcheck.org/2009/12/int...un-ban-treaty/

I would bet if you could ask the NRA and all the gun/ammo manufacturers behind closed doors, they would want Obama to be president forever.

correct me if im wrong, but doesnt our constitution prohibit any rule or regulatory action from another country to influence or affect our constitution? im sure some form of that is in there, forgive me, im not a constitutional scholar, and it really doenst matter if there is, as has been demonstrated, the current administration doesnt think too much of the constitution anyway
    Last edited by Wile E. Coyote; 07-11-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: i failed spelling punctuation and grammar so sue me
    Wile E. Coyote: (acceleratus vulgaris)

Its amazing how heavy a GPS can be.....

I give ZERO credit to Obama but I don't think even he would be stupid enougth to sign this bill......it would be political suicide (and he is on thin enought ice as it is). But I have been wrong before-

It's much more important that we elect corporatist "party" politicians who support our job creators on wall street. We don't need to worry about losing our freedom or rights. Yawn...
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

This is cut and paste, links may not work.
    Backfire

For more than four years, the National Association for Gun Rights has led the fight against the UN “Small Arms Treaty.”

During that time, members of the institutional gun lobby ridiculed NAGR for sounding the alarm, saying gun owners had nothing to worry about.

But now, anti-gun bureaucrats from nations like Egypt, China and Iran are meeting at the United Nations in New York City to put the finishing touches on a treaty to curtail our gun rights.

Their meeting ends July 27th -- D-Day for our Second Amendment rights.

Please see the email below from Senator Rand Paul and take action to protect our gun rights by signing your Firearms Sovereignty Survey today.

-- Ashley R.

Dear TRACY,

Right now, gun grabbers from around the world are in New York City to draft the UN Small Arms Treaty.

Speaking for the Obama administration, Hillary Clinton has already given her blessing to this global gun grab, calling for "consensus" in order to "avoid loopholes."

My suspicion is that "loopholes" for Mrs. Clinton include our Second Amendment.

UN bureaucrats are working to "build consensus," and when they're sure the treaty includes the demands of petty tyrants worldwide, I fear that Clinton and Obama will do everything in their power to force it through the US Senate sometime before the upcoming election.

The good news is that the National Association for Gun Rights has collected over 975,000 signed Official Firearms Sovereignty Surveys against the UN Small Arms Treaty with tens of thousands of more pouring in each week!

But if you haven't yet signed, please go ahead and do so by clicking here. It's vital that your Senators feel pressure to oppose the UN Small Arms Treaty from grassroots gun rights activists like you.

Once you have signed your Official Firearms Sovereignty Survey against the UN Small Arms Treaty (or even if you have signed it before), I would like to ask you to do our Second Amendment rights a small favor.

By forwarding this email to your family and friends, you will be letting them know that Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have their sights set on advancing, and passing, the UN Small Arms Treaty.

Click here to forward the Official Firearms Sovereignty Survey right now.

On the page I link to there is a space for a personal message. Please make sure to add a short note so your friends know what the email is about.

This is an important step in growing the grassroots gun rights army opposed to the UN Small Arms Treaty.

I hope I can count on your action today.

Click here to forward the Official Firearms Sovereignty Survey to your family and friends.

Please read my email below to find out just how dangerous the UN Small Arms Treaty is to our gun rights.

For Freedom,

Rand Paul
    United States Senator

P.S. The National Association for Gun Rights relies entirely on generous voluntary contributions from its supporters. Please click here to make a contribution of $75, $50 or whatever you can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
    correct me if im wrong, but doesnt our constitution prohibit any rule or regulatory action from another country to influence or affect our constitution? im sure some form of that is in there, forgive me, im not a constitutional scholar, and it really doenst matter if there is, as has been demonstrated, the current administration doesnt think too much of the constitution anyway
    Actually it is the opposite, a ratified treaty supercedes the Constitution and our laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
    correct me if im wrong, but doesnt our constitution prohibit any rule or regulatory action from another country to influence or affect our constitution?
    I'm pretty sure that is correct. It would not get past the SC.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged."

Democrats, such as Clinton and others, have approved treaties, which unless the supreme court rules otherwise, by pass the consitution. clinton also closed off huge areas of the West to Coal mining, And Gas And Oil Drilling by calling them national monuments!
    INXS

88 Checkmate/Starflite/225 Johnson
    Member, The Paul Revere Society
    Always Live Life In Excess

I would have to ask, who here would (seriously) fight to keep their weapons? I had this conversation tonight at work and there was one guy who said he would fight, the rest of 30 guys remained neutral. Now I am not saying most of us would lay down and surrender, but ask yourselves this question, how far would you go? If the Odummy began using food control to increase the effectiveness of gun harvesting, could you trust your neighbor? Could you trust your own children? The reason I ask is it is a common beginning for every fight, lost by the one who hesitates. The aggressor is almost always the winner, Odummy knows this. Hitler knew this. Lastly how do you believe the street thugs would respond? Would they begin to fight as a militia? These are all questions that we should find answers to, before the feces hits the whirling air mover. I kinda I feel that I know how I would react, but that reaction isn't 100% for all circumstances. There are some situations where I would have little choice but follow along.

As pussified as most Americans have become, my bet it most would lay them down. I'd give them mine, but bullets first!!!

Forest Lake, MN (the land of 10000 frozen people

Fact check: U.N. treaty unlikely to curb U.S. gun rights
    So tell me John, what does "unlikely" mean? Does it mean that it definitely WON'T happen?

Do you know how to boil a frog and keep him in the pot?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast