Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roy Rogers owned Yellow Jacket Company. Need help with Yellow Jacked I just bought.

I just bought this 1958 14 Yellow Jacket boat over the weekend got a really good deal on it. It is so original as far as engine and bright work and acessories. It has the original Mercury Mark 58 and still has the ribbed throttle and shift cables. I need some help on the Mark 58. I want to restore the engine repaint new points on the mag carb rebuilds lower gear case resealed new water pump etc. The engine is an od color its pewter with a off white for the exausht housing and lower gear case it is the original color because one of decals is still on the pewter color and you can still see the green primer on the lower housing. It runs decent in the shape it is but I just want make it really shine. Is there anybody that is versed on these engines or has some knowledge on these engines. The only wood that has been replace is the top section on the bow. It runs and floats but I want to make her really shine! The rest is original wood. It even still has the old brass hull plugs in it. This boat came really close to going to the wood pile! The guy I bought it from rescued it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Roger

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD ASS BOAT View Post
    I just bought this 1958 14 Yellow Jacket boat over the weekend got a really good deal on it. It is so original as far as engine and bright work and acessories. It has the original Mercury Mark 58 and still has the ribbed throttle and shift cables. I need some help on the Mark 58. I want to restore the engine repaint new points on the mag carb rebuilds lower gear case resealed new water pump etc. The engine is an od color its pewter with a off white for the exausht housing and lower gear case it is the original color because one of decals is still on the pewter color and you can still see the green primer on the lower housing. It runs decent in the shape it is but I just want make it really shine. Is there anybody that is versed on these engines or has some knowledge on these engines. The only wood that has been replace is the top section on the bow. It runs and floats but I want to make her really shine! The rest is original wood. It even still has the old brass hull plugs in it. This boat came really close to going to the wood pile! The guy I bought it from rescued it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Roger
    post some pictures........ THere are a number of people on here who can help.
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Yellow Jacket was the first molded plywood boat. We had one when i was a kid.

DB