Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anti-siphon valve

I have a 88 Eliminator 23 Daytona with twin 30 gal tanks. One of our machinest looked at a couple of my old pistons and said that it looked like a fuel problem or a lean condition. 225 outboards and I have has my issues with motors.

I did some lean searches and among other things the anti-siphon valve comes up. From what I have read these valves seem to be outside of the tank and easily removed. Does anyone know if they can be mounted inside the tank. My line comes from the tank to the inlet side of a Holley blue pump w/regulator and then to a OMC fuel water seperator and then to a see through filter under the hood. Each engine is fed the same on its own tank, fuel pump and fuel water seperator and then an inline filter.

The only access I have to the tank is the opening for the fuel sender. If it is mounted inside any chance of removeing the valve this way? Any old Eliminator guys ever have this valve as a fuel restrictor issue?

Getting close to getting power together and just trying to make sure all T's are crossed and I's are dotted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anti siphon valves are in the fuel line at the tank in the elbow, a spring loaded checkball, just remove it from the tank & replace it with a non restricted elbow-connector & fuel pick up tube , look in diamond marines site for detailed pics & description.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put a piece of hose on the elbow and blow through it. If you can, it has already been removed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Run fuel pressure gauges to the dash,they are worth there weight in gold. A must with a tank that big.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary
    Could not find the info on diamonds site, however really nice site to read up on. Looks like they have everything under one roof. Thanks

Forkin
    Will give you idea a try also, although I have known this boat since day 1 I don't think anything has been removed.

Perfmarine1
    I have a gauge mounted at each regulator, but you are correct as to where they should be mounted. I have mechanical now I will switch to electric and mount up front.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remove the elbow and look inside, if you see a check ball, replace that with a brass one. I did that on my boat, I kept getting a a check engine light on my system check gauge. It got progressively worse too. First off it was only at WOT and extended running, then it got to part throttle.

Pulled it out, and never ever had a fuel restriction check engine light again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on first page of diamond marine outboard racing ,scroll down ,you will see "check out our efi fuel systom 101" ,click on it good info .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary thanks for the info, that made it easy to understand. I thought this was going to be easy, I don't know why I thought that as notning on this project has gone easy yet.

Eliminator carpets everything including the gas tank and its not even visible. I pulled the carpet back from the fitting only to find a welded on bung with a 90 degree brass fitting. After removeing the fitting still can't see anything, too tight on space. Now I can only assume that their is a valve or some filter at the bottom of the pickup.

Any ideas as to how to replace this before I start grinding on the bung? I was thinkilng of drilling a 1" hole and making a removeable plate with the pickup welded on the underneath side. This plate would attach with screws and gasket that is accecptable for gasoline.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What was on the inside of the fitting? Usually the pick up tube is right there... .

Anything inside the elbow fitting?

Don't cut holes - do some more testing first. Cutting holes would be my last resort.

pointer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The welded in bung is the pickup tube, there normally is no screen at the bottom of the pickup when it's welded in. The fitting you remove would contain the anti-siphon valve if one were there. Hook up a clear hose temporarily ar the tank fitting and plumb a return line from the pump back to the tank fill and power up the pump. look for bubbles in the clear hose. If you see bubbles, you probably have a cracked pick-up tube....
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    test-remove hose from OUTLET of primer bulb,add enough hose to go over gunnel/transom and below tank bottom- 1 foot,squeeze bulb to start flow,if gas siphons,you have no antisiphon checkvalve. BE CAREFULL