Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

07 250hp Pro xs optimax .Died and Fuse hoolder to ecm melted ?

Fishing a derby last week end and was on fish , noted voltage was being goofy at idle and gettiing low like charging issues ,
    Rev up and better voltage so left running to keep bats up . figured bats getting soft ,
    Battery Voltage alarm went off so i reved up moter to charge and about 30 seconds lator moter died and would not light ,
    Not in a postion to work on it so ran to nearest dock on kicker had new bats deliverd , no change , dug a little depper and smart craft reads 12.1 volts but test at moter reads 12.5 , pulled ecm fuse cap and both fuses blown and fuse holder MELTED bad ,
    Instell new fuse started but vibrates at slow speeds like misfire , so shut down and ran all way back on kicker

Tried to start at dock again and no go , have not peeked at it since
    This moter has blown that fuse and lost a coil and ecm at 100 hours , another coil and blown fuse at 650 hrs and 800 now at 1100 its melted the fuse block connector and im suspecting another coil and or ecm

Its under warranty and im shore merc will make it right as they always have with this moter , but as a Transmission / auto repair shop owner that repairs these tricky over complacated transmission and computerized cars ,

The heat at the fuse connector has me worried and want to know the root cause of things more so than just getting parts replaced , Is the math wrong for this circut and fuse when a coil shorts out ? , there shoud be no reason for melting if the math is proper for the circut and fuse

Is there a updated wireing harnes ? I am going to go throug it and ck all grounds and do voltage drop tests on every thing check coils , any one have any advice or same issues with remedys
    We do not see many 3 wire coil system and need to reasearch what the third wire is and does Is it comon for optis to smoke ecms and coils ,

Any help or advice will be grreat full . will hit it with a meter and manual tonight and see what shakes out
    Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on the early production xs motors they had a large batch of bad coils, make sure the dealer replaces all coils and also replace the harness as they do not make a replacement fuse holder for that motor. 20 amp is the correct amperage for the coil and main power fuses. as far as the charging system once everything has been replaced have them check the charging system and make sure that fusable link is not blown.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its one of the verry first 250 that went out , the first one they sent me blew up , how can the dealer make merc step up for the rest of the coils , should i just buck up and update them if merc will not replace those early coils that have not failed yet as next time this thing breaks after october it will be my $$$ ,
    i already pack a spare coil , tps . alternator , crank sensor on board and want to rebulid the compressor i lost at 800 hours to put on board thanks merctech . mabey its time to buy a new one and use this one for a spare it has only 50 hrs on the lower unit !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any Difference on the 2012 250s

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the motor is still under warranty merc will not have an issue replacing the parts and making things wright. Just last week we did all 6 on a motor that had two go out in a 3 month period.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merc steped up as always !!!! they replaced the verry fried coil , updated the rest of my coils , new wire harnes , and even a new alternator as was not putting out like it should , Mercs outstanding fast customer warranty service is second to none in my book , i had some issues as any one will with mechanical stuff and merc always steps up !!!!