Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm out in the shop here now, NHRA Nats, on the tube. Nice tribute to "Grump", and the end was one of him, "with a new cigar!"? Like said before, him tuning a P/S ride, in the pits, bent over the motor, working his magic, (and remember now the driver, Dave Connely!)..last time seen the "Grump?". I said.."Hey Grump, remember ya from WAY long ago, Midwest races, and been years! Ya still got that attitude?" HA! (gave me a dirty look, think wanted to toss a wrench at me to go away...Yep, cigar stub in his mouth, never said a word, to me, but, think I saw a slight "Grin", the old guys puss!)

Same time/day, at the Seattle NHRA Nats, he was on the starting line, as crew chief, Dave lined up after the burn out, and stage. So he's next to Rick Stewart, starter, and old Grump had no vid cam, no zip, but a damn "notepad", and fast and furious writing down what saw, times, etc...still with that smoking cigar too!

So the Finals are over. We are the far side the strip from the parking lot, walking back over, just behind the start line. Here comes Rick Stewart..(HOT DAMN DAY TOO), back in his personal car, A/C on, trying to get out after DAYS of, "nitro and tire smoke inhaling", and he's lighting a cigarette! Still think, do ANY damn thing ya want in life, screw the armchair "experts", and simple me "RACE/DRINK/PARTY/ and LIGHT UP ONE... Works for me, 6 decades! And worked for Grump, 81 YEARS too! Were all gonna not get out this mortal life alive anyway, so might as well...LIVE IT!
    Last edited by Robby321; 03-31-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Headlines in heaven: Big race this weekend staring Ronny Sox and Grumpy Jenkins

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's last months interview w/ bill jenkins from super chevy magazine http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...p/viewall.html
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    here's last months interview w/ bill jenkins from super chevy magazine http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...p/viewall.html
    nice read,and contrary to opinion,Grumpy wasn't grumpy at all!!!
    why ask me ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2