Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New gw invader for the collection

I found another GW Invader model that I didn't have. At first my girlfriend thinks I'm totally nuts, but now she likes the boat. It's titled as a 1969. It was purchased from the original owner who bought the boat in 1971. It has a 140HP Mercruiser IO installed that the original owner claims was done at the GW Invader factory as a prototype in 1969.

Bottom needs some work as part of it delaminated the last time the previous owner used the boat about 4 years ago. It's the only 16' GW I have ever seen for sale.

A few pictures:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 1969, same boat, 16' except it is set up for outboard. How are you enjoying the 15'? I think you might even be more into Invaders than I am. Let me know if you ever plan on liquidating your collection! I wouldn't mind having the 15' back.
    1970 16ft G.W. Invader~1969 1250 Merc
    1971 15ft G.W. INVADER~1974 1500 J Block
    11' glen-l TNT

16' Invader under restoration: http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...hreadid=144970

"Where ever I'm going, heaven or hell I do hope they have an engineering department." ~ Elmer Carl Kiekhafer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gw1250 View Post
    I have a 1969, same boat, 16' except it is set up for outboard. How are you enjoying the 15'? I think you might even be more into Invaders than I am. Let me know if you ever plan on liquidating your collection! I wouldn't mind having the 15' back.
    I knew you had the 16' model, but I didn't know what year it was. I'm guessing that GW only made that boat for a year or two. Since I bought the I/O, I happened across one in Ohio that is for sale. That boat is all fixed up, repainted and everything but it was $4000.00 and I couldn't do it right after getting this one. Strange that you never see them for sale and then two weeks after I buy one there is another one for sale.

I'm really liking the 15', although I have not been able to use it all that much yet. I'm not planning on selling any boats yet, but you never know.

Did you ever get your 16' rebuild finished to get it back on the water? The boat I just got had been redone on the inside, but must not have ever had the pad or any of the other balsa replaced. Anyway a fair sized chunk of the bottom delaminated and needs rebuilt before it will be lake worthy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got first dibs on old Yeller Man I miss that boat !

Chris
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by specboatops View Post
    I got first dibs on old Yeller Man I miss that boat !

Chris
    Chris,

I'd let you know before selling. That boat is by far the best GW I've ever seen considering that it has original paint and everything. It's almost impossible to find one that doesn't need work. Just like the 16' I just got, it's going to need quite a bit of work on the bottom. The problem is that all the stringers and the rest of the bottom were redone, but the original owner never did the pad or other balsa replacement. Looking at it my estimation is to cut off the remaining bottom skin and approach it that way but I've never done a bottom like that before.

I'm super happy to have the 15' that I can use without any major repair work beforehand.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful models to be redeveloped for newcomers to learn