Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    I thought I saw something that said you were more likely to have an accident in sight of a police car.

Robby, I live in a suburb of a large metropolitan area, so we have at least 1 murder a day, averaged out. I live in a nice area, we have crime, but not murders.

Don't get me wrong, generally, I like our men and women in law enforcement, however, I don't like the jackbooted thug ones that think everyone needs to bow down to their authority. You can be law enforcement, and then you can be a law enforcement nazi.

And let me just toss this one out there. Ever get a ticket for something you didn't do and go to court? What happens? You lose. Why? Because the law enforcement officers testimony is given greater weight then yours. However, if you and I were in court, and you said I did one thing, and I said I didn't, what would happen? Case dismissed, its he said she said. Of course most people say, well you just got a ticket for something you deserved and didn't get a ticket for at some point in time. And 2 wrongs make a right I guess?

Blog Entries
    Ya want a fun experience, sign up for a "ride along" in a marked car. DAMN, people sure drive different! Gotta love intimidation!

On tickets here, got one long ago for a bogus "work Zone" doing 35, speedlimit, in temp 25 work zone. Thing is after hours, no work going on, (bridge work, not the road!), workers gone for the day. Slowed down, as always would, but none around, so back to the limit. Of course, cop was somewhere behind me.

I can't really remember, but on the ticket, either pay the fine, or 3 options. Check one box if you want a court date.
    1. Guilty, but want a court appearance
    2. Not guilty, and want a court appearance
    3.Guilty, but a reason.

Something like that. So checked #3. Went to court. Had all kinds of evidence, pictures (always carry a camera!). Long story short..(seems NOBODY was getting out without paying up), judge says, all well and good, but you pleaded guilty, so the fine sticks. WTF is that BS? Plus added cost for court time, fee's, etc. 10 mph over, (fines double in work zones too), almost $400.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!

Blog Entries
    I was almost afraid to go to town today. "That Karma thing", knowing I gotta do redlights. Had to stock up on gas, (way over priced, with taxes) beer, (way over priced, with taxes) smokes, (way over priced, with taxes, but 1/2 price what the regular stores want, smokes, as I buy'em at the Indian reservations". )

So after filling up the ride, gas at Costco..(yes, its official $4.00 a gallon now, reg, "corn fed crap"), I want the hell out. Theres one more redlight that I gotta do before hitting the freeway out the mess. Its a 4 way intersection, 2 lanes plus turn lanes a side. So all in front of me, coming around a curve to the light, all have done the red, with a green arrow, our turn lane. I'm 50 feet back at 25, look the left for traffic, up to see the the green arrow, to a fast yellow, then RED!. As I KNOW the intersection..(cops sit there to, waiting, hid the side gas station), did the halfazz roller through, got the hell back to the freeway, "seya next week!"

So, I aint no "Angel driver either".

AND, while I'm at it, as this thread is all over the place anyway, why..just WHY, when you go into a store, 3 cases of beer in the cart, NOTHING else..the young and dumb, college educated cashier, ask...."Did you find everything you were looking for?" ..(like why would I be in line, if NOT?)

And I got hit with that one time at "GoodWill!" Searching through old vinyl, classic old Album covers/ records. Stupid cashier ask me, "Did you find everything you were looking for?"

OK.. I"M IN A JUNK STORE! So I say.."No, wheres the fresh milk?".....(some times I think the right planet, just the wrong time)
    Last edited by Robby321; 03-22-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Yea I thought it was more dangerous having them, I think 60 Minutes did a story stating how it was an income stream for towns and citiies that needed money. Like I said, take the $$$ spent on the camera's and hire more cops to ride in unmarked cars, you'll save a lot of lives doing so. I see at least a few fools everyday speeding from lane to lane every day and I only drive about 70 miles a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby321 View Post
    YES, and my bro OWNS , an INS biz too. Damn good money, off the stupid...a link..

http://www.motorists.org/red-light-c...ease-accidents
    INXS

88 Checkmate/Starflite/225 Johnson
    Member, The Paul Revere Society
    Always Live Life In Excess

Seems they, the camera companies, large numbers of lobyists and also create their own Safety Groups who's only goal is to prop up the use of the camera's. I found this part of the 60 Mins. report but I do recall they did a good part of the show on this scam.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501369_1...amera-systems/
    INXS

88 Checkmate/Starflite/225 Johnson
    Member, The Paul Revere Society
    Always Live Life In Excess

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6