Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockjaw View Post
    I love how this boils down to a matter of feet. Why does it matter if I stop 1 foot from the intersection or 20, if I stop? Like I said, I can see if you are way back where you can see, but most all intersections are clear enough to sit 20 feet back and see it's clear.
    Well dude, hate to bust yer bubble here, but my driving instructor, back in HS, 1965/6? Well, he was my wrestling coach, good guy, and just before I was to go for a real D/L..(I drove M/Cs on the road since 14..dad taught me well, and the bro, all gearheads too. But anyway, I had a new Honda Super 90, 1965. I did a "stupid". Bike on the centerstand motor running in gear, the dumb move to "wipe the chain grease, off, with a rag. Yep, sure as chit, caught, and cut the end my thumb off! Young and dumb!

So, I'm all wrapped up, useless right arm, BUT, I did do a few miles in driver training before. So Mr Ketelson, teacher, told me to sit in the back, let the other 2 drive...no sweat on you,. as you are a good driver...you pass easy. BUT..(here we go)...

I REMEMBER HIM TELLING US, THERES ALWAYS A WHITE LINE, ANY STOP, AND STOP AT THAT STRIPE! THEN proceed. Look at any left turn lanes, opposing traffic. you taking a left. See how father back that white stripe is, compared the straight ahead lanes? Its easy. Do what TAUGHT! Unless the rules have changed? Still think a "rolling stop", don't care how many feet back. THINK HERE. If ya doing a right on red?..PROBABLY a lane or 2 of waiting next to ya...BLOCKING VISION. So the jerk in front ya moves out fast, as see's a break in traffic?..you think "good to go?". Sorry, looking for a Semi to T-Bone ya, or a biker, which none see anyway..(probably wasting time here with this anyway, as, the old "Stop, Look, Listen?, RR tracks?. how many those , beating the train, come out alive?..(and I did stupid one time too, as saw a train coming my way one day, long ago. Took off to a closer track crossing, beat the train coming to my left, shot across the 3 rails on tracks, and HOLY CHIT. ANOTHER TRAIN WAS COMING THE OTHERWAY!. WAY TO MUCH HORN, AND HEADLITES!

Again, life is no big rush is it?..to only the end, ""push up daises", anyway?

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Blog Entries
    Robby your on a rant

Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    So using that logic, if you come to a red light and there is no one coming why stop, as long as you can see no one is coming why bother. We stop cause the law says we have to. I think that's how it works.
    Not really. Stop signs are usually placed at lower traffic intersections then stop lights. And you still forgot to mention, in my scenario, I did stop, and do stop. I just don't stop multiple times if its clear.

And if it was the middle of the night, and I came to a long red light, and it was clear, and no po po was around, I might be inclined to go through it, after I stopped of course.

I also think if you look at the actual law, it isn't always clear, hence the multitude of lawyers our country has, and why you can't read or understand a bill passed by congress anymore, unless you have a team of lawyers to decipher it.

Its tailgating if you are moving, not stopped.

I love how this boils down to a matter of feet. Why does it matter if I stop 1 foot from the intersection or 20, if I stop? Like I said, I can see if you are way back where you can see, but most all intersections are clear enough to sit 20 feet back and see it's clear.

This is why this is about raising revenue. If you can see, and stop, and its safe to proceed, you should be able to proceed. You shouldn't have to stop, then stop again.
    Here not only do you have to come to a complete stop, but you have to remain so for a certain length of time.

Ok that right there is a policeman who needs to get a life. It seems like here we have a murder every day. I feel certain there are far more important things they could be doing then timing how long someone sits at a stop sign.

Didn't insurance companies state that the red light camera's cause more accidents????
    Quote Originally Posted by RED ALERT View Post
    A number of cities have removed red light scameras due to public outcry.
    Get out there and bitch.
    INXS

88 Checkmate/Starflite/225 Johnson
    Member, The Paul Revere Society
    Always Live Life In Excess

Blog Entries
    Ok that right there is a policeman who needs to get a life. It seems like here we have a murder every day. I feel certain there are far more important things they could be doing then timing how long someone sits at a stop sign.
    WHOA..hold on here second. If ya live where a murder everyday?...ya need to move out fast! Heres some facts, car accidents? Maybe not all killed, but the damage involves WAY more, innocent, RIGHT? AND ON KILLED? Get a grip here..from 2005, ! " 42,636 people killed. About 115 people die every day in vehicle crashes in the United States -- one death every 13 minutes! Ya got 113 murders a day where you are?

Car Crash Stats: There were nearly 6,420,000 auto accidents in the United States in 2005. The financial cost of these crashes is more than 230 Billion dollars. 2.9 million people were injured and 42,636 people killed. About 115 people die every day in vehicle crashes in the United States -- one death every 13 minutes.

In 2003 there were 6,328,000 car accidents in the US. There were 2.9 million injuries and 42,643 people were killed in auto accidents.

In 2002, there were an estimated 6,316,000 car accidents in the USA. There were about 2.9 million injuries and 42,815 people were killed in auto accidents in 2002.

There were an estimated 6,356,000 car accidents in the US in 2000. There were about 3.2 million injuries and 41,821 people were killed in auto accidents in 2000 based on data collected by the Federal Highway Administration.

Link.. http://www.car-accidents.com/pages/stats.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by INXS View Post
    Didn't insurance companies state that the red light camera's cause more accidents????
    YES, and my bro OWNS , an INS biz too. Damn good money, off the stupid...a link..

http://www.motorists.org/red-light-c...ease-accidents

Blog Entries
    Robby your on a rant
    Not really a rant, but rage, stupid cage pilots. 52 YEARS NOW, riding M/C's, not a state I aint been in too, rides, and over the years, only lost 2, childhood friends in Vietnam, a few went down early, cancer, etc. Maybe 3.

BUT ON MOTORCYCLES? Have lost 6 +. All young, learning the "ropes", in traffic, damn good riders, as NOT stupid either, as we all started out in the late 50's, riding dirt.

And not ONE, killed, was alcohol involved. Simple a "cage", not paying attention, took them out, way too early. RIP old friends..still miss ya too.

My take is simple, slow down, save a life....and "WATCH OUT FOR MOTORCYCLES!"....(tired of the excuse.."I didn't see them", when I have to go to the funeral, not them).

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby321 View Post

And not ONE, killed, was alcohol involved. Simple a "cage", not paying attention, took them out, way too early. RIP old friends..still miss ya too.

My take is simple, slow down, save a life....and "WATCH OUT FOR MOTORCYCLES!"....(tired of the excuse.."I didn't see them", when I have to go to the funeral, not them).
    Amen Robby

I bet you do! I know in Jackson, MS it is CLOSE!!! I don't know of anyone that has gotten one, but I know we have a state trooper that hides really well. Even around the bars, and I thought that was illegal..... He'll give his own mother a ticket!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robby321 View Post
    WHOA..hold on here second. If ya live where a murder everyday?...ya need to move out fast!
    Look where he lives, Robby. And you start adding that up every day, and my bet there are more murders in the US than people killed because some ran a stop sign or light.

I know in Jackson, Mississippi the black gang bangers kill several during the week, especially during weekends!!!! I don't want to be in Jackson, MS on a Saturday night... especially when it is warm and full moon! They all come out!!!

Blog Entries
    Amen Robby
    Its simple decades, "doing lifes time". How in hell, I made it out Nam, then the "wasted, on "what ya got?" years after the divorve..(not about to grow up I guess, still haven't either). Fast boats/bikes, etc?. DAMN, I MUST have good "Angels", watching over me!

Thing is, no one will understand life, young and growing up, "know it all"..then someday, get older, simple remember what dad said long ago..(also, just how many "family's" , actually KNOW THE DADDY? ) But my daddy said, to me when young, when I KNEW better than him? HA! ..Told me, to go ahead, as you THINK, you know better than me. "Good Luck, don't come home doing stupid, and dead!"

So far so good, (RIP, my Dad..)
    Last edited by Robby321; 03-22-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    Look where he lives, Robby. And you start adding that up every day, and my bet there are more murders in the US than people killed because some ran a stop sign or light. !
    OK, as Political thread , "lets go!". I Remember back the Chitown Burbs, 1994, just before moving west coast, a "Drive By". in Chi? So I moved here, and took 10 YEARS, to hear one, Seattle, 90 miles north me. Now its daily too, all over. And any with stones got the guts to tell, it was "white boys?"

In meinem geheimen unterirdischen Versteck, USSA
    Cops have evolved to go after the low hanging fruit.
    Cops around this area are worthless their response time to real crimes are pathetic.
    However you'll see dozens of them riding around or pulling people over. Some times with multiple cops in the cruiser. The town two towns up from us is Keene which isn't a big city or anything close and the PD wants an armored bobcat. WTF do they need one of those for? Its just gotten ridiculous. We had a guy in town here that had mental issues and was in his house in a room with no way out and had a pocket knife FOUR armed cops went into the room and he ended up shot dead. Are you fcuking kidding me? If it was Keene they probably would have blown the house up. Sensibility has gone right out the window. Always remember when seconds count the cops are only minutes away.
    .......................................................................LETS STORM THE CASTLE BOYS!

Quote Originally Posted by INXS View Post
    There are a whole bunch of studies to indicate they do, but I also think we shouldn't be giving the scoundrels in our government permission to put us under surveillance 24/7 just in case someone might commit a crime.
    We are being turned into a society of goldfish.
    And is it really a crime to roll a red light when an intersection is clear? I say BFD, its common sense to do so and the dummies who pull in front of moving cars aren't going to heed a camera regardless.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast