Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I don't see the state Police in the numbers I use to, I hear they are short about 800due to cut backs? Anyway they use to do a good job yrs ago with their speed traps, yea I hate to see folks getting tickets by it saves lives. Now all I see are nuts driving like they could care less. That's why I'll like to see those inmarked cars, catch these idiots before they kill someone. I had some jerk texting behind me last summer, sure as hell he bumped me when I slowe for the red light, good thing I was watching and sped up in time that it didn't hardly hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby321 View Post
    Yep. Damn right. I-5 out here, north me mostly, but see it here too, "middle the afternoon too, no rush hours?" is a DAILY, idiot crash, texting in the rain at 70mph, tailgating?..ON A FREEWAY?

Its almost daily back ups, freeway, when I hear of little, anymore, a "red light crash". And not enough to even worry before anyway. But its simple "revenue".

But ya know as well as I...go take a test now, to get a D/L? HA! Too may questions on "alcohol limits", how far to park away from a fire hydrant, how far away to put on the turn signals, most got NOTHING TO DO WITH DRIVING IN TRAFFIC! The state cops here, freeways, are FINALLY, starting to bust tailgaters, or for cutting in front of Semi's, etc.

Running in traffic, at 80, with room to stop, if that ride in front slammed brakes? Zero problem. But no, dumbazzes are 10 foot behind. Hate to say it, but "driver education?...a freaking JOKE!
    INXS

88 Checkmate/Starflite/225 Johnson
    Member, The Paul Revere Society
    Always Live Life In Excess

Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    The camera takes a photo, not a video so I dont know how, with a pic that could tell if you stopped or not.

In Miami, it is a video. When my girlfriend got the ticket for not stopping coming to a complete stop before turning right on a red, we went online and watched the video. Guilty as charged, she hardly slowed down, let alone stopped.

Full and complete stop before continuing thru the intersection. Anything less can get you a ticket. Just like a California roll.

That is exactly what I said. I stop behind someone else who stops. They go, I go. Pure and simple. I stopped, completely, just a car length back.

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockjaw View Post
    That is exactly what I said. I stop behind someone else who stops. They go, I go. Pure and simple. I stopped, completely, just a car length back.
    I would think your not at the intersection if you one car length behind someone and if you drive on his bumper that is called tailgateing. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Lockjaw View Post
    You'll get a ticket for that every time.

A number of cities have removed red light scameras due to public outcry.
    Get out there and bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by RED ALERT View Post
    A number of cities have removed red light scameras due to public outcry.
    Get out there and bitch.
    They did that for a while here too but they brought them back. At first, they would issue you a moving violation for getting caught on camera. A bunch of lawyers argued that you can't issue a violation to a car, it has to be given to a person. (Like if you borrowed my car and ran a bunch of red lights and I got tickets). They found a loophole by making red light camera tickets a fine, similar to parking tickets. Here's an idea, let's just stop at red lights. We've had them here for years and I've never gotten any fines or tickets from them. I don't run red lights.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    On the internet, 63% of the facts are made up on the spot, and the other 47% are complete lies.
    That's funny sh*t right there

I was young and bashful back then.
    Today,...I'd just knock on her door,..hand her the crab dope, and say, "Rub summa this on ya booger. I'll be back day after tomorrow".
    -Bristo

Always drive with your truck tailgate down and f*ck 'em, use to do it all the time on the George Bush Tollway in Dallas.

I was young and bashful back then.
    Today,...I'd just knock on her door,..hand her the crab dope, and say, "Rub summa this on ya booger. I'll be back day after tomorrow".
    -Bristo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by INXS View Post
    I don't see the state Police in the numbers I use to, I hear they are short about 800due to cut backs? Anyway they use to do a good job yrs ago with their speed traps, yea I hate to see folks getting tickets by it saves lives. Now all I see are nuts driving like they could care less. That's why I'll like to see those inmarked cars, catch these idiots before they kill someone. I had some jerk texting behind me last summer, sure as hell he bumped me when I slowe for the red light, good thing I was watching and sped up in time that it didn't hardly hit.
    Yep on states going broke, can't afford cops. I'm a good friend with one..(The Famous, DR. Frankenmerc), and the state patrol, headquarters/training center near him. His kid is now a state cop. He's 20 miles north me, and doing HWY 101 there, see many state cops, on the road. BUT! The new "unmarked rides"? REALLY HARD TO SPOT, EVEN ALONG SIDE YOU! Fine with me, as busting idiots daily. And the country cops here, have said, unless its a 911 call a shooting rural, call and don't wait for a reaction time for them to show, probably give ya a date instead. Few years back, some drunk/high on drugs idiot, slammed into the dude across the street from me, daylight, into his parked boat. Its too damn quiet out here, that we all came out to see WTF.? Jerk, actually backed up, to see what happened, then took off. Not the smartest thing to do, as we are the end on the Peninsula, NO way out but the 9 mile ride back to the freeway. We got his plate #, and was busted fast. BUT WHERE? Day later, at the address. When did the cops show up here? After the 911 calls? 4 hours later!

Blog Entries
    On "tailgating/and on the phone?" Heres a good one from about say, 1990. Phones in cars were still new. I'm going to work, back in Illinois, in the morning, raining hard. Rural stoplight intersection, both sides 50MPH. See a cop going like a bat out of hell, lights on, the other road. I SEE he's going to damn fast to stop, even we had the green, at the moment. So I start to "lock'em"up. I was in a old G20 Chevy van, and some chitbox was behind me. So the cop managed to slow down enough, OK to blow through the intersection. BUT, I check the mirrors? I'm probably down to 15 mph, and he's still doing 50! Behind me! So I had now a clear shot across the intersection now, and simple nailed it.

WHAM! He rear ends me BIG time. Cop saw it, and he turned around. Simple every thing OK here, no one hurt? Seems he had to take off, as a major injury pile up on the Interstate, few miles more. Anyway, the little chitbox, slammed into my frame mounted Class C hitch. Bent both sides the FRAME! No body damage me, glass intact, but his ride was totaled. And yes, he was on .."the phone!" And I remember back in the same time frame, going to work, 6am, on my Bagger. Sees idiots at 45 mph, interior light on, reading the F%^king NEWSPAPER?

I would think your not at the intersection if you one car length behind someone and if you drive on his bumper that is called tailgateing. JMO
    Its tailgating if you are moving, not stopped.

I love how this boils down to a matter of feet. Why does it matter if I stop 1 foot from the intersection or 20, if I stop? Like I said, I can see if you are way back where you can see, but most all intersections are clear enough to sit 20 feet back and see it's clear.

This is why this is about raising revenue. If you can see, and stop, and its safe to proceed, you should be able to proceed. You shouldn't have to stop, then stop again.

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Blog Entries
    So using that logic, if you come to a red light and there is no one coming why stop, as long as you can see no one is coming why bother. We stop cause the law says we have to. I think that's how it works.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Dave View Post
    Here's an idea, let's just stop at red lights. We've had them here for years and I've never gotten any fines or tickets from them. I don't run red lights.
    Stop making sense! Far as I can see, if ya cut the light at one intersection?...ya only gonna be the first at the next!

AND, THINK HERE. We all don't ride the same type of cage either. My CBR M/C, with linked brakes, a finger squeeze, will have ya stopped FAST, on a dime, and give ya a nickle back in change...(gotta love stoppies)! Try that in a loaded semi truck? Think gravity sucks, try "momentum"! But bet most here for sure know how to drive, (for SURE, M/C riders)..but so many DON"T. Sure is SO simple, to slow down...and I KNOW its not easy either. Too many times, I find my azz all wound up, pissed off, the stupid. And then, take a side road, cool off..let those simple get a way from me. I'll get to where I'm going anyway..but maybe 5 minutes late. No big deal.....(and again, "put the phone down and DRIVE!"

Blog Entries
    So using that logic, if you come to a red light and there is no one coming why stop, as long as you can see no one is coming why bother. We stop cause the law says we have to. I think that's how it works.
    Yep, worked that way for DECADES! NOW?.......its all..Me first!

AND, whats with all these "energy drinks, "5 hour" BS?. Calling BS. Do what we did back in the 60/70's. Any remember the "White Cross", speeders? Pop one, still going when the 2am bars closed down! Cracks me up too, hearing making 'MaryJane", legal, and the way to tell if a driver is wasted? Well, hate to say, a wasted on smoke driver, will be straight and give up, before finds the keys, gets the door open, back to the house for a bag of chips, back in finally, then cranks the tunes, and sits in the driveway, ride running, going nowhere..(yes, I'm .."Experienced"..! RIP, Jimmy Hendrix!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast