Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Length of a yellow light is determined by the width of the intersection. 1 second for every 10 ft or part there of. Time between one light turning red and the other green is determined by speed limit in that direction, 1/2 second for every 10 mph. Red light cameras only take photos when motion at a certain rate is detected. Camera has a radar gun in it.
    03 21ft Inboard skiboat V-8
    70 14ft Winner, 90hp Merc

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    On the internet, 63% of the facts are made up on the spot, and the other 47% are complete lies.
    I agree if you cant dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bull ship

Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    You mean like those southern schools, eh? At least we spell "suggestion" with two "g's".
    Dang it I put him on ignore and there you go, quoting that fine example of a government education.

Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    I assume you drive on the road and be truthfull how many times do you see someone stop before making a right on red. Its almost a never unless someone in front of them is stopped. Just like cell phones I think it worse the ever. JMO
    As long as you stop, should it matter where you stopped? I mean I get it if you are stopped 2 miles back, but if you pull up behind someone, they stop, you stop, they go, you go. As long as its clear. You shouldn't have to pull up and stop again when its clear.

Red light camera's are about raising revenue. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    I agree if you cant dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bull ship
    Like on screamandfly, where I learned how .001 of a gallon extra fuel burned over the course of a month = millions of dollars.
    "Does anyone know where the love of God goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

It's not just the delayed signals... Out in the boondocks we have old-school lights on timers, "traffic stoppers", they put them in small towns with no traffic just so people have to stop and gawk. 20 cars sit and idle for 30 seconds each, once per minute of daytime, times thousands. Yes, 1Bad, I did say millions. Bite me.
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockjaw View Post
    As long as you stop, should it matter where you stopped? I mean I get it if you are stopped 2 miles back, but if you pull up behind someone, they stop, you stop, they go, you go. As long as its clear. You shouldn't have to pull up and stop again when its clear.
    Full and complete stop before continuing thru the intersection. Anything less can get you a ticket. Just like a California roll.

Good ol' California... Where you can't do this, can't do that, but you're allowed to haul ass between lanes in a traffic jam on a sport bike.
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Blog Entries
    Damn, gotta chime in here. I done a LOT of miles over the years..(many CC bikes rides, but avoided any "city" of course), but still in life, have had to deal with stoplights. Many 2am, ZERO traffic, sitting at some light on the bike, trying to get the light to change on that freaking "thingy", under. Yep, I could have went ahead, but instead, did a right on red, pull a U turn, back to green there, then another right. Or if a car coming up behind me?, I moved over, and let THEM try and change the light.
    I've dealt with many rural cops, small towns, and the LAST thing ya wanna do 1000 from home, is have to deal with them.

Now, on city cams. Everyone we have here, in town..(go once a week, stock up, get the hell out, and trust me, the world is getting pretty stupid, drivers?, my azz).

I'm not buying the "right on red" busted. As all here seem to point, if you ONLY, blow through straight. But thats maybe my only observation. Hell, I duuno. When I come into any intersection, full stop..(aint all cars there ya know, pedestrians, come out of nowhere, running to make the light) then right on red.

If I'm on a bike? First in line? If a single lane, I don't MOVE, on green, without looking all other 3 ways, "you azzholes all stopped now?"

If a 2/3 lane my side?, I ALWAYS let any cage next to me, move into the intersection FIRST, "like in you block ME" from a red light runner

On roundabouts? I grew up in the Chitown western suburbs. Town from me, Brookfield, had what we called, "8 Corners". Yep, 8 streets, to the roundy, zero problems.

And here, WA? Many congested intersections, were replaced with double lane roundys, and they work FINE TOO!

AND, as I'm rural outside Olympia WA..(state cap), in Oly there are 2 main drags, State street, and 4th Ave. west to east. Probably a good 3 miles. If you get the first light, after, at the speed, one light after the other..(many), will turn green, and NOT have to stop! Timed just right!

OK, back to the stoplights. I agree, on a longer yellow, some so short, its insane..(money). But some are NOT timed for approach speed! I've seen some lights, a cross road, rural Nevada interstates..(not freeways of course), where yer doing 80mph with traffic, and that yellow is on for 30 seconds! Time to react. Simple done right.

NOW, seems all old school lightbulbs, "stoplights", are being replaced with LED lights, RIGHT? Theres a big old controller box, the side too. Bet if ya do a 10 CENT chip in the box, on yellow, its either a solid yellow, to flashing..(ticket if gone through), or flashing yellow, OK to continue, if solid..STOP, as ya been warned. Make any sense?

On the solid red, BOTH SIDES idling, "wasting gas"? Adding a 1/2 or one second? Come on dude, ya only need to not "sprint car ride", to the next to beat light, RIGHT? Simple slow down, saves WAY more gas, than trying to beat the light, as the next one will get ya anyway. Take your time, as whats the rush to "be first in line, the NEXT light?

Also, I see idiots here, at Costco, cheapest gas, lines of cars, 5/6 deep, LEAVE THE MOTORS running, while it takes 15 minutes to get to the pump?

Anyway, hard for me to understand much here, as been retired 18 years, and my nearest stoplight, is 15 miles away. Out the rat race, and loving it daily!..(until town, more beer!...then, reality hits, and CAN"T WAIT, to GTF OUT that mess!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    Good ol' California... Where you can't do this, can't do that, but you're allowed to haul ass between lanes in a traffic jam on a sport bike.
    HA! Ya got that right! For those that don't know, "legal lane splitting a bike, LA gridlock?" The only way out. But, if you are in a cage? Ya gotta watch the cop bike, there too, you stuck in traffic? Remember one day, back in Huntington Beach, gridlocked traffic..(and this was YEARS ago too), I see the cop bike splitting lanes, coming up, and that head was swiveling, LOOKING IN THE CAGES...?...LOOKING FOR A OPEN BEER, between yer legs. BUSTED!

Blog Entries
    My take, get a sportbike, ride it like ya stole it, do a "flip up hide plate", f%^k e'm. Couple vids, "Ghost Rider", and the next, same as the bike sitting behind me, in the shop here! They might get me on the Harleys, but NEVER, my CBR!

http://youtu.be/7P6JAie8JE4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMWWrE_OBPY

I'm sure that, as mentioned, a town like Brick, even with say a pop. of 50K see's 5K tickets in one yr, I'm assuming the $100 I hear it costs for the ticket then you get the 500K. I'm sure this will go down next yr as the word spreads of the camera's. also, I've heard reports that rear end crashes are up in areas where the camera's are, one police dept., or was it the city hall, said that its acceptable as rear crashes are better then side impacts, think it was on 60 minutes? I'm sure there's a lot of groups that paid for surveys to get the results they wanted. I feel, like I stated before, that omly if you enter the intersection on red is when you should get a ticket, if you entered on amber then you will not cause an accident, red yes, amber no. And why are we paying cops to review these photos, contract the job out, final appr can be by a cop afterwards, wouldn't even need review if it was just for red light running. what I'll like to see is take that cop off the review job, give him a unmarked sports car and let him lose of handing out tickets. I see so many a-holes weaving in and out-speeding-talking on cell phones-texting! I'm not anti-ticket, I'm pro ticket but do it right, there's so many srew-ups out there and they atre the ones that will kill themselves along with others!
    INXS

88 Checkmate/Starflite/225 Johnson
    Member, The Paul Revere Society
    Always Live Life In Excess

Blog Entries
    Yep. Damn right. I-5 out here, north me mostly, but see it here too, "middle the afternoon too, no rush hours?" is a DAILY, idiot crash, texting in the rain at 70mph, tailgating?..ON A FREEWAY?

Its almost daily back ups, freeway, when I hear of little, anymore, a "red light crash". And not enough to even worry before anyway. But its simple "revenue".

But ya know as well as I...go take a test now, to get a D/L? HA! Too may questions on "alcohol limits", how far to park away from a fire hydrant, how far away to put on the turn signals, most got NOTHING TO DO WITH DRIVING IN TRAFFIC! The state cops here, freeways, are FINALLY, starting to bust tailgaters, or for cutting in front of Semi's, etc.

Running in traffic, at 80, with room to stop, if that ride in front slammed brakes? Zero problem. But no, dumbazzes are 10 foot behind. Hate to say it, but "driver education?...a freaking JOKE!

The camera takes a photo, not a video so I dont know how, with a pic that could tell if you stopped or not.
    Well, here in Palm Coast they don't just take one picture, there are a series of pics with time stamps. I'm not sure exactly how many, but with the time stamps and brake lights on or off, you can pretty much tell whats going on.
    Drive it like you stole it!

1991 Allison GSE 1998 225 ProMax

Blog Entries
    Lets cut back to the chase here..like in LEARN TO DRIVE FIRST! Heres some stupid question here, motorcycle test. And I remember, LONG AGO TOO, (been riding 52 years, bikes). Illinois started a M/C designation, on the D/L. Cost was $3. So some old dude, testing us on bikes, (probably has never rode a bike either), tells one of us to take off, shift through all 4 gears..turn around, no foot down, and down shift 4 times. Dude with me had a old Suzuki, SIX speed? Old dude says, whatever. THEN, ONE WHEEL? .. or both on the ground?

So we are doing wheelies, the straights, sliding the rear on the figure 8ths..(we all started road biking on the dirt first too)...And one was enough for him. Other 3 us.."signed off, pay the $3, get the endorsement". ME, simple, IF YOU CAN DRIVE A MOTORCYCLE TO THE TEST WITH OUT FALLING OVER? WHY, do ya need a "test".

Check the internet, for sample tests. Heres one link..
    http://freedmvpracticetests.com/moto...-practice-test

PLUS! GET a GRIP NOW HERE! Idiots with cell phone cams, go take a "test", DMV? Take a pic, questions wrong, find later what wrong, and SELL the answers? Its on the net too!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast