Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hybrid View

Red Light Camera's

I've got nothing against then if they only get you running the Red Light before if it turned red well before you entered the intersection, say buy one or two seconds. I hope it doesn't get you if your still crossing and the light turns red, if so you will have so many people jamming on the brakes when the light turns amber, which would cause lots of crashes! Does anyone know which of the two apply?

http://www.photoenforced.com/
    INXS

88 Checkmate/Starflite/225 Johnson
    Member, The Paul Revere Society
    Always Live Life In Excess

I just heard that 80% of the tickets are for infractions of one second or less, wouldn't it be much better and safer to just add a second to the amber light times???
    INXS

Quote Originally Posted by INXS View Post
    wouldn't it be much better and safer to just add a second to the amber light times???
    They've already done that everywhere! We have 4+ second yellows here at most intersections. It teaches people that they have more time to "run it yellow." For everyone else, it means longer drive times, more traffic congestion, and more idling. for the red light runners, yellow means "floor it."

Your sugggestion reminds me of how schools lower test standards so more kids can pass the test.
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks Pyro, anyway I'm sure 99% of use just don't want to get hit from behind, I nearly always check behind me when apporaching lights, its when i firget that I tend to go thru amberish lights, aka better safe then sorry!
    INXS

BTW, NJ towns are going broke, cops will give everyone tickets as it will save their jobs. You should see the bitterness that is going on, not blamming the cops, as deptments are merging and also laying off!
    INXS

Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    Your sugggestion reminds me of how schools lower test standards so more kids can pass the test.
    You mean like those southern schools, eh? At least we spell "suggestion" with two "g's".

Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    You mean like those southern schools, eh? At least we spell "suggestion" with two "g's".
    Dang it I put him on ignore and there you go, quoting that fine example of a government education.

The way I understand it is it snaps a shot when the light turns red. If any part of your vehicle is in the intersection that is technically running the red light. Maybe I'm wrong
    Erik Kiser

I heard they are shortening the yellow light just another way to get revenue I guess it's not enough gas broke the $4 mark. Rick

Quote Originally Posted by patchesII View Post
    The way I understand it is it snaps a shot when the light turns red. If any part of your vehicle is in the intersection that is technically running the red light. Maybe I'm wrong
    An officer told me once that as long as you clear the light when it turns red, you made it. Maybe that is why they have been moving all the lights from the center of intersections to the far side.....

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Blog Entries
    Its not like the picture gets taken and you automatically get a ticket. The photos are downloaded to the local, county or state law enforcement agency that patrols that area and a sworn official is suppose to make the call. JMO

Brick Township has a pop. of maybe 40K, they got 500K in fines in one yr, gotta think every pic gets a yea and none gets the nay!
    INXS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by INXS View Post
    Brick Township has a pop. of maybe 40K, they got 500K in fines in one yr, gotta think every pic gets a yea and none gets the nay!
    Bricks population is almost twice that and that is probably one of the most dangerous intersections in the county. JMO

It's going to get people killed I slammed on my brakes jacked up everything in the bed of my truck because I didn't need or want the ticket for safely run the yellow this is bull catch my doing something wrong the old fashion way. It not just revenue it's plan lazy here on the island they got over a 100gs to get fat sitting in there car hiding in the safe towns instead of fighting crime in the rough towns.

Blog Entries
    Bricktown is one of the local towns I know have an officer check the photos and he's not happy with the amount of files he has to view I got rear ended sitting at a red light on rt 70 and Herbertsville Rd. Guy was playing with his gps when he looked up and slammed into my hoe. Lucky I always keep my trailer hitch in as I had no damage and his front end was destroyed.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast