Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1987 Seebold Eagle Engine height?

Hey all, it's the off season in NY so this is more of a discussion than something I will be able to test immediately...
    I bought a Seebold Eagle 21V in August '11 and I've been posting in other threads about not achieving the right RPM range and really cant come up with an obvious reason. I have lots of ignition testing to do come the spring to make sure timing is good and not dropping a cylinder but I can't help but wonder how much performance is being lost due to a wrong setup? I run a 14.25x24 chopper with seems to be a reasonable prop for this boat. I do not know the weight of the boat but I estimate around 1200 lbs? There is very little reference available for this boat online. I asked a guy on youtube with the same boat and that was his estimate too. My lower unit has a nosecone yet it is far from being utilized - stock looking rigging with the cav plate at pad height. How high do most guys go with 21 superboats, checkmates, challenger ? How much can I expect rpm to increase by raising a bolt hole or two ( no jack plate...yet ). The transom extends beyond the pad so the hull has some setback built into it.

Thanks!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What motor, and RPm are you seeing now ?
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow... that was an oversight... lol
    1988 Black Max 200 2.4 - Only getting 5K max RPM - speedo is busted but likely around 50 mph - barely getting up on the pad.
    It's 125 psi on all 6 cyl.
    fuel is clean and pressure is @4.5 psi

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found out the weight of the boat - per iboats.com 1500lbs. It's not a very deep vee at all and it has a pad so it should be a fast hull. How high can I mount my 2.4 without any addl setback? Like I said the transom has a built in setback of about 8 inches. Right now the anti cavitation plate is flush with the pad. How does setback affect overall performance?

1988 Black Max 200 2.4 rebuilt at some point in 90's
    14.25x24 chopper
    5K max RPM
    It's 125 psi on all 6 cyl.
    fuel/carbs clean and pressure is @4.5 psi