Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FOXLAKE-H.O. View Post
    Hey dude hows your HO on the Bird Boat? My buddys are jumpin ship to the Black Side, oh well maybe BRP wil Wake Up, come on down to Blarney Island and let the Clan SHO them how a Real Etec runs......Brannon
    They'll be back. I don't know about anybody else's, but my 225HO E-Tec is awesome. I ran 85 in 1000' with it. By comparison, Merc 280 w/260 electronics ran 88. If I had a bigger prop, I might have gotten there. 30" Cleaver hit the limiter! D'OH! The 250HO is a MONSTER by comparison to my 225HO. If I knew then what I know now, I would have waited and found a 250HO. The V-Max SHO is the only other motor I would consider. It's an awesome piece of machinery.
    Sam Baker
    On to the next project....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FOXLAKE-H.O. View Post
    Buy yourself a 200 SHO, get the EMM modded for $500 and Poof you have a 300 SHO
    The 200 SHO and 300 powerheads are the exact same......just an EMM program difference??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y'all know that Yamaha does have a 275 SHO. Its avaialble right now in Japan. Not sure it it will ever make it to the States

Basscat Eyra & Jaguar /275 Vmax SHO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ1N8gTldww

Reports are the 1750 lb Eyra was running mid-upper 80 mph and the 2150 lb Jaguar was close to 80 mph.
    Last edited by DarthVMAX; 09-01-2011 at 08:13 AM.
    Allison XB2002 Comp Pro / 2.6L Yamaha 200 VMAX TRP

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do not offer the SHO in a 300hp. It is only available in the saltwater series. The ECU on the salt waters is different as they are fly by wire. Not sure if the ECU on the 250SHO could be configured to make it a 300.
    Fellow G-Man of the Sunshine Syndicate-Dixie Wrecked Chaptor..
    We Put The F. U. in FUN
    94 17MA Maverick 115 Yamaha
    2006 Mustang GT, with a belt driven air cleaner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a For Sure you can order the EMM mod or New one, the 275 SHO in Japan is 300hp, so the parts are available and ready to Eat some smoke......id call Wayne at Hydrotec and give him your Credit Card #...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In reguards to the 300 SHO ECU.. I purchased one shortly after purchasing my 250 SHO.. I sent the 300 ECU to Eric Simon, he combined the best of both and then a little to get the programming he is using now... While the ECU is not a direct swap over Eric was able to read the 300 parameters and make the changes from there.. It's good stuff.. It will be VERY interesting to see how they respond to some camshaft changes and a different intake set up and some head porting..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you runnin the SHO on Dentguy? Ive heard their are a couple guys doing the EMM I was told by my SHO source that it was ez, but you know how that works.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dentguy View Post
    In reguards to the 300 SHO ECU.. I purchased one shortly after purchasing my 250 SHO.. I sent the 300 ECU to Eric Simon, he combined the best of both and then a little to get the programming he is using now... While the ECU is not a direct swap over Eric was able to read the 300 parameters and make the changes from there.. It's good stuff.. It will be VERY interesting to see how they respond to some camshaft changes and a different intake set up and some head porting..
    This is some interesting info from the two of you guys. Glad to hear that there's a few shops working with the four stroke outboards. Can the rev limiter be raised on the motors?
    Last edited by Wolverine; 09-05-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE]What are you runnin the SHO on Dentguy? Ive heard their are a couple guys doing the EMM I was told by my SHO source that it was ez, but you know how that works...../QUOTE]

I was running it on a Stroker.. It would run 90 with a two guy tournament load, 94.3 with a one guy tournament load and the best I got out of it was 98.7 light.. All of that was with the Yamaha gear case.. I put a 1.62 sportmaster on it and got up to 89 on a fairly small lake tournament, however never was able to test it fully due to the fact I sold the engine.. All you need to do is pull a plastic cover and then there are I believe 4 bolts and two wire plugs, box it and send it to Eric Simon..

[QUOTE]This is some interesting info from the two of you guys. Glad to hear that there's a few shops working with the four stroke outboards. Can the rev limiter be raised on there motors?/QUOTE]

The rev limiter was the first mod Eric did for me.. He successfully raised it to 7,000 rpm.. The engine performed flawlessly and sounded very cool above 6500..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked this on another post about Etec vs Merc, then saw this post.
    I see the performance, gph and mpg was better on the Yamaha 250 SHO vs the Etec 250 HO on the same boat, 21 foot Stratos 201 XL Evolution but can you run 4 strokes at high RPMs for long compared to 2 strokes?
    If I was running an average of 4500 to 5500 rpms, which would have a longer life span and with less problems, the 2 stroke or 4 stroke?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following thread and updates closely...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Buy yourself a 200 SHO, get the EMM modded for $500 and Poof you have a 300 SHO..."

Really????

Anyone else done this?

Not trying to strir sh!t, just not tin the know and this sounds, well impressive!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go to bassboatcentral.com or basscat.com (owners forum) theirs a guy with the screen name Flyswatter (tom) he is in the KNow.....also call Wayne at Hydrotec the Yamaha master....just google Hydrotec.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dentguy View Post
    So what difference in performance, besides the rev limiter did the 300 ecu make for you?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Low end torque and mid range acceleration was improved significantly.. I was able to fish loaded with a taller prop and still have it holeshot very competitively. Once on pad it pulled like an animal and ran some pretty respectable top end numbers. I will say the gearcase while significantly stronger with the addition of the extra prop shaft bearing was nice (never broke a propshaft on the SHO) vs the 3.3 liter HPDI.. The overall design of the gearcase does not like to carry a load at speeds above 90. I did run it 97.8 but it was a real hand full..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast