Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 6-speed automatics

Ya'll got them, and how do you like them..? They seem like a great idea for obvious reasons, but I've read some complaints about them shifting up/down alot due to the closeness of the ratios in the transmission... Anyway, what ya'lls impression of them for everyday driving and towing misc. things within the weight ratings of the truck..? These questions are regarding 1/2 ton pickups.... thanks...
    Last edited by Ted Stryker; 08-07-2011 at 12:18 PM.
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only shifting thats real close on the fords are 1st and 2nd other than that its pretty smooth

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one in a GMC Denali 2WD truck with the 6.2 liter LS engine and i think it is the finest powertrain combination I hve ever owned. I was told that the 6.2 LS was not available in any of the other GMCs other than the Denali and not available in Chevy trucks. I pull a trailer that weighs approximately 6K loaded frequently and have no complaints. When this one is worn out I would buy another one just like it if the enviro freaks have not killed it by then. I think the Escalade has the same combo with a little more horsepower. I have not driven a Ford but the gear spacing on this truck seems perfect.
    bama hama

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2010 GMC Supercrew 4X4 6.2 (403 HP) with a 3.73 Locking Differential that is the absolutely best powertrain I have ever driven. You can't drive it without grinning. Towing, you always have the right gear with plenty of power. The truck is extremely strong for a heavy 4X4 and reminds me of 60's era muscle cars. Fuel economy is not bad ( 19 MPG @65). I may buy another before Obama's fuel police kill this powertrain. If you ever drive one, you will buy it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a decent transmission, although if I were to buy a new chevy it would just be the 5.3... I'm keeping an open mind between Chevy, Ford, and even the Nissan Titan but I can get a little better deal on the Chevy because my dad sales them... Keeps the reviews coming, it's good readin'...
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it in my 11 F-150, also really cool in my 3 series BMW. Always seems to be in the perfect gear. Great gas mileage too !! Scott
    I'll be @ the bar ! & Listen to MORE Squarepusher !! Alcohol TYCOON !!!