Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Save for the gear ratio and fat bottom girl lower. Hopefully they left the warning bell on the rev limiter to piss you off as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke to Merc Corp at a dealer meeting no to long ago. Take a look at the competing 150hp 4S engines in this class, and you will see which 150 4s has the target on its back. Should be a great motor. One I saw ran great. However, not like a 2 Strike DFI...Yet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a customer with an 06 20 inch Optimax 150 that recently took a dump and I am thinking this new F150 might be a better replacement option. His boat is a very heavy Offshore fishing boat that he uses 20 miles offshore and he really needs a dependable motor. His compressor broke off the block and did alot of damage at only 269 hours he is pretty disappointed. Other than this unexpected failure it has been very fuel efficient and he has liked its performance up to this point.
    You commented that is doesn't perform "like a 2 stroke DFI". In what respect? I would appreciate your comments regarding what you perceive to be its strengths and weaknesses in comparison to an Optimax like his 150.
    Thanks very much.
    Steve

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3