Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must be "Noah month" in the vendors section...
    Just curious, what kind of performance boating vendors do you have near Winnemucka Nev.??
    Not sticking up for Noah, just trying to see why you would work with a guy out of the Fl. panhandle and not California or Oregon??
    Last edited by Lanceonthelake; 07-09-2011 at 10:24 PM.

“Truth is so obscure in these times and falsehood so established that, unless one loves the truth, he cannot know it.” – Blaise Pascal

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by albypine View Post
    could you post them picture's agian.. last time i went to look and poof they where gone
    After three hits with a rubber mallet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0215.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	237525Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0216.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	237526Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0217.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	237527
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Demeanor View Post
    After three hits with a rubber mallet.

Name:	PICT0215.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	237525Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0216.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	237526Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0217.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	237527
    is that bird chit on the lower in picture #3 ? i seen bubble gum stronger
    1990 hydrostream virage diamondpower280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanceonthelake View Post
    It must be "Noah month" in the vendors section...
    Just curious, what kind of performance boating vendors do you have near Winnemucka Nev.??
    Not sticking up for Noah, just trying to see why you would work with a guy out of the Fl. panhandle and not California or Oregon??
    NONE, that is why I was shopping around, thought he might have a good deal on some stock uncut heads. I am new to the 2.5 motors so was looking on here and came across his add I bought the motor from Scott Jordan who had Jay do the work to it, Sott had told me that he would hook me up with some heads (which he did) but it never hurts to shop around for pricing and availability first, although in this case with Eagle one it was a mistake to even call, that guy is a total a$$, lesson learned. From now on I will just call Scott or Jay they are great guys and will do most if not all of my business with them for my 2.5 needs. Oh and just incase Noah is reading this thread there is absolutely nothing wrong with my motor like you said right before calling me an idiot and hanging up on me installed the 30cc heads and a .75 gasket that Scott sent me and a amazing thing happened it raised my compression from 115 to 143 just like this idiot thought it would, imagine that!!!!

Check Ya Later
    Ben

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He had also just filled over the black plastic grate with filler which continually popped off.

Name:	IMG_1314.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	237528

Everything was re-welded with a full perimeter weld Leading Edge Propeller, Somewhere I have a pic of the weld Rich did. Its not coming off again!
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Demeanor View Post
    He had also just filled over the black plastic grate with filler which continually popped off.

Name:	IMG_1314.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	237528

Everything was re-welded with a full perimeter weld Leading Edge Propeller, Somewhere I have a pic of the weld Rich did. Its not coming off again!
    Wow ... what a mess...looks like who ever welded that did not even get to the cone...what the heck... work like that can get us killed.. glad you posed it.. last time someone kept taking the thread down

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ben, I'm boating in the 2500-3000ft mark up hear also. I talked to Jay and Tony about this quite a lot a few years ago when a sled buddy was talking about fuel mixtures and compression on his race sled. For my Altitude 33cc heads from Jay yielded me were I was at from sea level with the stock heads. On my 225 Pro max I was at 125psi across the board at sea level stock. At home lakes I was at 118-120. The 33CC heads yield me 130 across the board at 2500ft. Also with Brucatos ACU, Tony worked with me to get the right fuel air delivery because the air is much thinner at altitude. All in all I now have the performance I would have with a stock setup at sea level. The lower I go the better the performance. I'm at 140 at sea level on Comp and I have to dial back the ACU but I have the numbers stored so no biggy. Between Jay and Tony they know what there doing in this regard and will set you up right for were you boat. Theres only so much ya can do with higher altitude boating but there are some things you can do to help.
    Last edited by whipper; 07-09-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    I have one of Snoopy's gear case jobs in the shop. Case is junk so I am gonna grind the filler out and see what's there. I'll post pics if I find anything interesting. I have to agree with everyone on this one. The guy is a hack and an obnoxious one at that. It is none of my business but I certainly don't agree with him being a supporting vendor here. There should be a way to weed out the crap to protect the innocent.
    Rock
    My opinion is a supporting vendor should be trusted and held to a high standard as the board owner is allowing that vendor advertising to a large customer base for a price. Most members assume that S&F supporting vendors are top knotch people with a good track record of quality work, parts and/or services. I believe it has be stated by ownership that the policy on continued bad deals was that someone with authority would try to mediate a positive solution for both parties involved. I had a bad experience with Eagle One many years ago and since then I've seen many, many negative threads about this vendor. One would think it would be easy to solve the issue but my opinion is it's all about the money. Yes there has been explainations about how much it costs to run this board; however, I also know what it costs to run a board and how much money the third party advertising that is currently active can generate, this includes smaller and larger forums then S&F. I know there are many hours spent to maintain and moderate the board, time is money so the owner needs to collect a paycheck. I've been a member since Greg's screen name started with a "V" and back then my opinion was he really enjoyed fast boats and wanted to offer a gathering place and information exchange for people with the same interests, it was a "labor of love". Now and for the past few years it is my opinion that the forum model has changed for the worst.

With that being said Greg and mods please don't think this is personal attack, it is not and this forum offers many, many excellent things for its members. There are very educated people offering solid advise, almost all items sold are great transactions with just a very few bad deals per thousand that happen. It is a great site for people to meet and communicate with other people with the same interests.

It is not my board so the owner has every right to run it the way they feel is best make as much money off it as they can, etc. I just don't see why this vendor is still doing the same bad business deals and nothing is being done to put him in check or remove him as a supporting vendor. Are the supporting vendor fees from this vendor so good that it is worth allowing him access to the large S&F customer base while he continues to get negative posts concerning sub-par work and deals gone bad?

John Smith

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with ya John except the part about the money. I do not know what the vendor fees are but my guess is they ain't that high. Greg built this place out of his own pocket and for the love of the sport. He probably still digs pretty deep into those pockets with or without the vendor fees. I think both he and the moderators have left this thread up as a sort of self policing. I do know he wants this place to operate as smoothly as possible with all transactions perfect. He has become involved in a bunch of crap I am sure he would have preferred not to deal with. Threads like this are good. Eventually enough people will know what a clown Snoopy is and he will dissappear on his own. You can screw some of the people some of the time but he has screwed nearly everyone he has dealt with either with his holier than thou attitude or his shoddy workmanship thus shooting himself in the foot and fading into the sunset which will not make anyone mad probably including the powers that be of this site.
    Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can you please post the link? if you have it, i do a search and come's up with so much stuff it will take me weeks to read
    Easy to find. They are the ones that are "locked".

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre......&highlight=

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...oah&highlight=

work like that can get us killed..
    My point exactly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    Thank's paul. really sorry you had your new boat break like that.I know i went through hell and lost a lot of money on my virage because of crappy work..I am thick headed and dont give up so easy. so i spent even more money to have the boat fixed the right way.. the way i wanted it and a motor on it built the way i wanted with no mods.Now the boat is way faster and i have been trying to break scott's work with no luck. last year i could not get 10 hour's of use with the boat falling apart and the motor leaking like a stuck pig.this year with the diamond motor i have went through 3 cases of oil.thats 12 gallon's of 2 stroke oil. run well over 100 every place i go and not one problem. not one stress crack,no leaks on the motor. fire's right off soon as i tuch the key. and everytime out no matter the load in the boat it will run well over 100.My boat is over 20 year's old and not one crack in the bottem. sorry to hyjack the thread,but was glad people posted there bad dealing's with this vender so it will save other's the head ache's and maybe even there life's..Greg does put a lot of time and love into this web site and i know it has to be hard on him with everything that goes on,but when it come's to safty Greg can you please be firm,we dont need to lose friends because of poor work and any accident from a boat breaking apart on the water will kill our sport. we would have the water cops all over us every time out giving us a hard time thinking our boats will break apart and endanger other people.I enjoy going fast on the water along with most of the members of this web site.Lot's of great information and people hear,but a few bad apple's have pushed a few of the really knowledgeable people away and they stoped posting what they found to work great to get more speed.Please dont take what i wrote the wrong way,But when it is a safty matter over poor work and a nassty attitude when someone get's called out on there mistake's i have no sympathy as there is no excuses for poor work.I am not perfect and made many mistake's in my life,but i would be the first person to say i made a mistake

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bttt!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since this subject is back in the news, what the heck, let's get some more food for thought on the first page. ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder how many of these threads we could dig up?

I was young and bashful back then.
    Today,...I'd just knock on her door,..hand her the crab dope, and say, "Rub summa this on ya booger. I'll be back day after tomorrow".
    -Bristo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from every board or just hear? haha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast