I've been meaning to start a restoration thread for this boat for a while, but have not really had much time.

Brief History of the boat......This was my wifes grandfathers boat bought new in 1971. He re-powered in 1979 with the Chrysler 140 and when rigging the new motor did a really bad job repairing the old motor mounting holes in the transom. The transom, floor and stringer all rotted and the boat has sat in a garage un-used since.

I have gone about this whole restoration a little backwards, but it's been pretty fun and I'm looking forward to getting it back on the water. I cut out the splashwell, removed the rotten transom, cut out the floor and stringer myself. I resorted to professional help with the new glass work and gel coat. Originally, I planned on just building the floor and transom back with some new carpet and seats.....But, after I had all that done I decided that it looked too good and the rest of the boat looked like crap. So I decided to have the entire boat sanded down and put new gelcoat on.

As I mentioned earlier the boat has a 1979 Chrysler 140hp outboard. I pulled the carbs, cleaned them really well, installed new gaskets and floats, replaced the fuel lines, plugs, etc. The motor is running really well now on the muffs and is super clean for a 30+ year old motor. I ended up repainting the lower unit last weekend and changed the color to black. I had the cowling repainted as well as white to match the boat. We pulled the logos off the side and filled the holes in the cowling to make it look a little cleaner. I'll get some pictures of that up next weekend (working out of town).

Anyway, here are some pictures of the progress so far.

I cut the splashwell out to get to the transom which would litterally fall apart in my hand.

Cut the floor out and ended up cutting out the bulkhead and replacing it too.