Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good luck w/ the ms stuff, it doesn't have enough drivers for the injector to make it sequential, same w/ the ign, ronnie would be the one to ask about that, i know it can be done though(like anything else if you throw enough time and money at it). i had bought the ms3 which is much smaller and sealed but felt it would've been too difficult to get it to work. the wolf is definetely working well for me, and cheaper then the motec stuff
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    good luck w/ the ms stuff, it doesn't have enough drivers for the injector to make it sequential, same w/ the ign, ronnie would be the one to ask about that, i know it can be done though(like anything else if you throw enough time and money at it). i had bought the ms3 which is much smaller and sealed but felt it would've been too difficult to get it to work. the wolf is definetely working well for me, and cheaper then the motec stuff
    wat you mean is Microsquirt
    http://www.microsquirt.com/index.php
    the MS3 uses the same proccesor but with more functionality
    at the moment they are finisching support for 12 cillinder sequentieel injection and ignition with plans to expand to 16 cillinder
    http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewto...?f=125&t=38967
    but for now hardware wise MS3 and MS3X hardware board brings support for 8 sequentieel injector drivers and 8 sequntieel ignition drivers just don,t know if they fixed two stroke yet ( ask )
    http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/m...led-p-435.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Schermafdruk-44.jpg  
    Last edited by PanRonnie; 06-06-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch Gary Finch's boat run with Vipec Dave set up and you will see how well it can run. The vipec is cheaper than motec and can run fuel and ignition. It is totally adjustable and sequential.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie Webb View Post
    Watch Gary Finch's boat run with Vipec Dave set up and you will see how well it can run. The vipec is cheaper than motec and can run fuel and ignition. It is totally adjustable and sequential.
    are you sure about that it does not have to be a problem as long as you can do an injection event per 360 crank/dg commenly refert to as two stroke mode
    http://www.vi-pec.com/techdata/Vi-PEC_Manual.pdf
    mrcrsr runs his engine as a 12 cilinder as did i with the old DTA P8PRO
    now the wolf will do 16 cillinder four stroke but i can,t find anything in vipec
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Schermafdruk-58.jpg   Schermafdruk-59.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO, NO, Two stroke Snowmobile champion runs BS3 System

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw 10.5 View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback, keep the ideas coming. I think the BS3 is for the race car stuff, I need this to convert a 2 stroke V8 outboard. I am thinking about giving the MS3( megasquirt) . It looks promising and fairly cheap to try.

Tim
    I thought the same thing untill I read Mike Morans comment about BS3 and read BS3 website. They are more advanced then you think. Megasqurit started of as race car stuff, now think about that. BS3 has more perimeters then anyone out there, which means more tunability. BS3 does 2 strokes to 4 strokes and single cylinder to V-16's. Just go to there website and read about it and call them for information http://www.bigstuff3.com/ , Trust me, you won't be disappointed . Good luck.
    Gasoline is for washing parts, Alcohol is for drinking, and Nitromethane is for RACING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is MS3 cheaper then $1800 to $4150? The $4150 is for 16 DEFI injectors.
    Gasoline is for washing parts, Alcohol is for drinking, and Nitromethane is for RACING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post us some pics of the beast when you can.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman89 View Post
    Post us some pics of the beast when you can.
    just to be clear a two stroke has no cam signal!
    so prefferebly no crankcase injection
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Schermafdruk-60.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the MS3 fully assembled is $628 or so. Way cheaper than a BS3. The BS3 software may be a bit more user friendly, but many people are using the MS3 with great success. I will invest the efforts into one setup and make sure I can get it to work/run fine, then invest in the second one. I want to put twin v8's on my 26 Scarab CV.
    Do you not need a cam sync to run sequential. Off course there is no cam on a 2 stroke but you can set it up on the crank seperate from the crank signal to run it sequential. It should be set up with an offset angle to tell the computer that #1 is coming back up to tdc. Please chime in if I am off point.

Tim
    Drive It Like You Stole It!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw 10.5 View Post
    I think the MS3 fully assembled is $628 or so. Way cheaper than a BS3. The BS3 software may be a bit more user friendly, but many people are using the MS3 with great success. I will invest the efforts into one setup and make sure I can get it to work/run fine, then invest in the second one. I want to put twin v8's on my 26 Scarab CV.
    Do you not need a cam sync to run sequential. Off course there is no cam on a 2 stroke but you can set it up on the crank seperate from the crank signal to run it sequential. It should be set up with an offset angle to tell the computer that #1 is coming back up to tdc. Please chime in if I am off point.

Tim
    The Problem he is seeing is only what the page say's, He better look at the snowmobile two stroke that runs the BS3! Yes its fuel injected too. The Guy that invented Accel DFI, F.A.S.T., and now BS3. I beleive he knows more then your average person ever know. Just call and ask for John Meaney, he is only the owner and invertor of all though's I just mentioned. Ask him what system would run both of your engines, I bet it would be cheaper to by one unit that can datalog and do all the necessary stuff you need to do to run one and then add the other engine and still only have one system instead of two MS3's. I have Known John since he did the GNX and GN Buick program with my uncle at Buick in Flint,Mi. He has come along ways with this program, Besides Dave Bush said it can run on a two stroke easly, It has all the perimeters you need.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    firstly, there is no secondary (cam sensor) signal required, it runs off the teeth on the flywheel(at least the wolf does), but the wolf can be triggered w/ hall effect,points, etc. when the wolf sees the missing teeth(2) it knows where it is. my engine is running fully sequential injection,and same w/ the ignition, i'm running 6 coils, not in wasted spark, and i have plenty of leftover drivers. l like the data log feature, especially w/ the outboard, for instance, i can concentrate on3 to 4 k rpm for instance, under acceleration. if i make a change in the timing between these 2 points i can do an acceleration run and watch the data log- rpm over time on a graph, and see if i went in the rite direction, and i'll usually do each test twice. i have alot of dyno time in my engine, but i also found that actual running the boat and doing plug readings/egt and data logging was as helpful, if not more, after all, you drive a boat, not a dyno. if you look at the thread in here"which coils have more output" post that is pretty much where i started w/ the wolf project, building my own shielded harness, computer in boat, and alot of the up/downs of tuning. incidentally, i talked to the person who helped set up and tuned dave busch's engine, here's a link to it, http://efi101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5281 , trying to get some generic setup info when i was starting my project, he wouldn't reveal much info, and there is alot of differences in setting up an outboard vs a 4 stroke, scream and fly has been more helpful then any other site when it came to setting my engine up, there was alot of trial and error involved
    Last edited by mrcrsr; 06-08-2011 at 06:20 AM.
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    firstly, there is no secondary (cam sensor) signal required, it runs off the teeth on the flywheel(at least the wolf does), but the wolf can be triggered w/ hall effect,points, etc. when the wolf sees the missing teeth(2) it knows where it is. my engine is running fully sequential injection,and same w/ the ignition, i'm running 6 coils, not in wasted spark, and i have plenty of leftover drivers. l like the data log feature, especially w/ the outboard, for instance, i can concentrate on3 to 4 k rpm for instance, under acceleration. if i make a change in the timing between these 2 points i can do an acceleration run and watch the data log- rpm over time on a graph, and see if i went in the rite direction, and i'll usually do each test twice. i have alot of dyno time in my engine, but i also found that actual running the boat and doing plug readings/egt and data logging was as helpful, if not more, after all, you drive a boat, not a dyno. if you look at the thread in here"which coils have more output" post that is pretty much where i started w/ the wolf project, building my own shielded harness, computer in boat, and alot of the up/downs of tuning. incidentally, i talked to the person who set up and tuned dave busch's engine, he's affiliated w/ efi university(if you do a search over there you'll find it), but he wouldn't reveal much info, and there is alot of differences in setting up an outboard vs a 4 stroke

It is my sincere:eek to say I'm sorry for pushing bs3 on everyone, it is not built for outboard 2 stroke engines. I would refer to Dave Bush on engine management system'S though, their several good ones out there. Again I'M SORRY FOR PUSHING BS3 ON YOU GUY'S.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you looked at the MAD EFI? That's what I'm thinking for my three V8's that I got mounted on my Scarab, after doing the Monty mods. The rest of the systems seems to be aimed at the whimpy soccer mom V6's (no offense Girls). I am following this thread with a hawk eye as I am bulding the engine that I thought would be my last rebuild before joining the girly V6 trend.... If I can get reliable, somewhat fuel conservative, 400HP out of my old V8's, I am sticking to them...
    True Viking
    Scarab 34 SS with Triple OMC 4.0 V8's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie Webb View Post
    Ahh, Freddie you know it's just a stupid fishing boat. Did you get the pic's? Don't beat your head against the wall trying to inform people that just have to reinvent the wheel.
    Gary

I don't know enough, to leave well enough alone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kimswang I still have a MAD EFI system, well Dave has it. The what I found was MAD, is great for a drag boat, but only fair for a lake boat. There just isn't enough adjustment in it. It's 2D not 3D like the ViPec and other systems spoken about here.
    Gary

I don't know enough, to leave well enough alone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast