Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Engine Height ? on DCB22 with twin Drags short shaft

My old set up was 14.5x27 3 blade ET's Ran 112 at 9300 rpm Switched to Ron Hill 4blade ET copy 14.75x32 Boat pulls real hard to 110 and kind of levels out at 7800-8000 and feels like I need to keep trimming it but the nose is so high. It has been really windy here for a month and kinda leary to keep trimming it cause the nose is so high don't want to blow it over. So I was thinking I may need to pick the engines up a little due to the extra blade and additonal stern lift. Maybe rasing the engines I won't have to trim it as high? It has 12"setbacks. Also with old props the RPM seemed to be more Identical rpm crusing and with the new props the left engine is about 300-400 rpm lower crusing, like maybe the props aren't blue printed the same?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This comes from personal experience.............. I bought a couple of Ron Hill's props directly from him new, one was supposed to be a 28P Eagle 4 blade (marked on the hub as 28P), my prop man checked it out and it measured less than a 26P, same with a 30P Eagle 4 blade, measured less the 30P and each blade was all over the place. Had to throw more money at them to make'm right. They run good now but what a joke before. They look good right out of the box, but I've learned not to buy any more of his prop's new because you'll have the added expense in having to pay a prop man to make'em right.

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brothers 22 DCB w twin 280's and 29 ET props had to be trimmed to the mmon to get 108, 109. We put on a set of merc 30" 3 blade cleavers, 115 @ 8200 just about anytime you want it. Same shaft height, neutral trim. We have not tried 32"s yet, the boat is quick and carries so well with the 30's.
    Wriggleys gum makes me think of boating, "Double your engines, Double your fun"