Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12 foot Earl Smith Pickle fork info please

I'm need specs for my 1986 12foot pickle fork built by Earl Smith. I need all capacitys limits how many were made what were the rigged out with motor wise I can't find any info and young bloods won't help me out even though it's there hull. HIN numbers starts with PJB that was Smiths shop in hot springs AR. Thats all I could Find out. I've emailed young bloods a number of times but since I don't have a 22foot boat that bangs out 1200hp and didn't pay 250,000.00 for it they don't have time for me. Well I guess this is my last hope other than hiring a PI to find his address and just knocking on his door LOL. well any help would be great. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Furious; 04-27-2011 at 04:28 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting first post. welcome to S & F, lol. I'd begin with a basic internet search for his name/history in the area.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pickle fork

Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    interesting first post. welcome to S & F, lol. I'd begin with a basic internet search for his name/history in the area.
    Yea I've done that already that's how I found who built it and that he was tied to young bloods. From what I understand he was originally from Arkansas but started his first shop (by himself) in elpaso tx. He was buying the molds from the owner of young bloods and never paid him or atleast in full. This is how I understand it from bits n pieces online. Some of these guys were from Cabot and surroundings. It's been realy tough to nail down anything. All I know forsure is he was the builder. I don't know if he was trying to reach out to dealerships and this hull was for marketing or it was a mistake or for personel use I have no clue. I'm trying to restore it if I can get the specs I thing it will be a neat part of boating history.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any pics?
    Jason
    Outboard Junkie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pics

Quote Originally Posted by LakeRacer99 View Post
    any pics?
    Yea I spoke with mr. Smith by phone day before yesterday. We had a great chat, it's always nice to visit with some real old school vets. Lol. He told me that he only made 4 of those hulls the only ones just like it in the world. There are orthers similar but just four with his mold. The mold is nolonger. He was amazed at the fact I got one he built three for one person in Dallas I suppose to race and the other for a close friend of his. Sorry I don't have a computer to post pics to the forum all I have is my iPhone but I would be more than happy to email them to whomever would like one. I'll post my email add. So just email me if you like just put pickle fork pics in the heading. I'll try to run up to the wifi. Spot with my laptop this week. It's not much to look at now but I will hopefuly have it done by summers end. austinroot32@yahoo.com.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Picklefork...........

Rich E.

17' Action Marine/2.5 Pro Max 200

"Badges.........We don't need no stinkin' badges........"