Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dzalj1 View Post
    hey guys i have 2007 model december built 250ho, but my dealers say its a 2008??? anyway im spinning a mazco re4 30pitch prop on my 21 foot australian millenium and i get 86.0mph flat @5800rpm, im chasing a 27 0r 28pitch trophy plus propeller for swap. wat ratio would my box be?? and has anyone put a mercury 3litre sportsmaster gearbox to omc mids??? there ratio sit a 1.62:1
    The 250HO was released in 2008 NOT 2007. with L2 case 1.71:1 ratio. What is you hole shot & acceleration like with the 30"

Ken

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hole shot

hey buddy, hole shot seems ok, very slight slip, but thats with myself and a friend on board, other than that... put any weight in the boat and it feels everything. im glad to hear about my ratio in my gearbox. the engine has standard pickups, and the prop shaft is sitting 1 inch below the pad. but the alarm hasnt gone off yet. and thats as high as i think i should run it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

VIDEO: Ride at 104mph >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEwgB...eature=related

MORE DATA: Taken from Screamandfly.com ..... Quote:
    Older lightning gearcase w/lwp. Around 6100-6200rpm. It has a 6250 Limiter, but when it hits it it looses power. So I have to back off the throttle and float under the limiter for top end runs. I hit 105mph on the way home when I was low on fuel. It has a lot more in it, just need a bigger prop. Looking for a 34-36 pitch prop..... With the 32 I can slam into the limiter pretty quickly. So right around 93-95mph I hit the limiter, back off to around 3/4 throttle, then sit back and air the boat out some more without increasing RPM's and watch the MPH creep up.....So far Im pleased with the performance. I have no doubt that with more setup time and a bigger prop 110-115 is possible with the stock Etec powerhead. Those who have taken rides in my boat will tell you that it swings the worked 32 like nothing.

Speed Jr.

More Pictures Here:- http://rides.webshots.com/album/5802...Ui?vhost=rides

Larry Gemmpt aka 'Lightning Larry' just sent me this note

Quote:

Sent the picture....its a great shot.

We cleaned house on the "Green Class" at Three Lakes Shootout a few weeks ago. Next Generation Racing took 1st, 2nd,3rd, and 4th. The Merc 300XS powered boat took 5th. lol. I beat it by 9mph in 1000'. If we ran in Lake Racer against the 2.5's, we would have taken 1st and 2nd. lol. It was a great showing for Next Generation and Etecs.....

End Quote...

This is fantastic. The E-Tecs are cleaning up BIG TIME.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3