Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Racing series says ethanol is safe for marine engines

Ethanol is Official Fuel of 2011 National Boat Racing Association Race Series

The Renewable Fuels Association (RFA) and the National Boat Racing Association (NBRA) are proud to announce that Hydroplane and Runabout racing boats will be flying across the lakes of the Midwest on a new fuel: E10 ethanol. The newly‐formed partnership between the RFA and NBRA will provide all powered boats competing in the 2011 NBRA series event races with E10 (10% ethanol, 90% gasoline).

“American boaters have been utilizing ethanol‐blended fuel safely and effectively for years,” said Vernon Barfield, NBRA Spokesperson. “Ethanol‐blended fuel provides the high‐performance engines in this series with the horsepower and performance they need to win. We are excited to show that our racing boats are able to perform to their best capability using E10 fuel, shaking the myths that ethanol harms marine engines.”

Today, nearly every gallon of gasoline sold in the United States is blended with ethanol, most commonly in the E10 formulation. This blend of fuel has been approved by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use in all engine types, including marine equipment, automobiles, and small or non‐road engines. These two‐stroke engine boats will be taking engine performance to the next level, reaching top notch speeds operating on E10 fuel purchased from the same retail fuel locations as local consumers.

“We are thrilled to partner with NBRA to dispel any notion that ethanol is an unfit fuel for marine engines,” said Robert White, RFA Director of Market Development. “The use of E10 in these racing boats proves that this fuel is as effective during your weekly commute in your automobile as it is on your weekend boating trips.”

Through the partnership of the RFA and NBRA, ethanol pride will be displayed at every race. To educate and inform consumers about the use of ethanol, Fan Packs of ethanol information will be give out to the first 200 attendees at each event with RFA’s “Fueled With Pride” logo displayed on uniforms, course buoys and flags, t‐shirts sold at the races by NBRA, trophies presented at national events, near refueling areas of all boats, and on signs placed throughout the viewing area. Through the Ethanol Driver Contingency Program, cash awards will be given to those who promote their use of E10. It is important that America’s consumers are aware the benefits ethanol blended fuels and the positive impact this domestic made fuel has on our environment and our economy.

About the NBRA: NBRA, a national sanctioning body, was formed in 2001 to promote the sport of stock and modified outboard hydroplane and runabout racing through increased awareness of the sport, encouraging safety, and expanding its competition. Visit www.raceNBRA.com.

About the RFA: The Renewable Fuels Association is the leading trade association for America’s ethanol industry. Its mission is to advance the development, production, and use of ethanol fuel by strengthening America’s ethanol industry and raising awareness about the benefits of renewable fuels. RFA’s 200 members are working to help America become cleaner, safer, more energy independent and economically secure. Visit www.EthanolRFA.org.
    Jeff Bare
    Gig Harbor, WA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    American boaters have been utilizing ethanol‐blended fuel safely and effectively for years,” said Vernon Barfield, NBRA Spokesperson.

I call B*LLSH*T

I was young and bashful back then.
    Today,...I'd just knock on her door,..hand her the crab dope, and say, "Rub summa this on ya booger. I'll be back day after tomorrow".
    -Bristo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I smell a payoff.......
    1976 Hydrostream Viper - 2.5 EFI
    Resto Thread Here
    2010 Go-Pro Stuff

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." -G. K. Chesterton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it with NOS!
    XR2001 & XB2002

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love ethanol in boat racing..... So long as everyone but me runs it! I agree, Payoff.

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonik View Post
    I smell a payoff.......
    Yep...probably in the form of a big sponsorship package.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    wheee propaganda.. There are no performance issues with fresh "e-10".. it's what happens after it sits around.. and besides the government subsidies off the backs and out of the wallets of the rest of us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a load of B.S.!
    Tony Brucato

(919) 718-0249

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are no performance issues with fresh "e-10".. it's what happens after it sits around..... Which only takes a couple of hours.... so it all sucks straight from the gas pump!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbare View Post
    ...NBRA Spokesperson. “Ethanol‐blended fuel provides the high‐performance engines in this series with the horsepower and performance they need to win. ...”
    This is a silly statement. If you ran them all on horse piss, you'd still have a winner!

I, too, smell a payoff. . .er. . . um. . . "sponsorship".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not a question of "Will it Run on the stuff." Obviously engines will run on it. Leave the E10 crap it in the tank for 6 months in Florida and get back to me. Demand the RFA to reimburse the customers all the loot they have spent getting rid of phase seperation issues, dirty injectors, fuel pumps, fuel tank failures etc. I would put my flats skiff that runs 40 WFO on Non-ethanol against all of them, provided they let the motors sit during the off season with vented tanks and the E-10 crap in the tank and carbs, injection system, whatever. There would be 10 boats in every race with 9 DNF's.
    "EPA has approved it", The EPA approved DDT too along with countless other products that are now deemed unsafe or just a bad idea. The economics of corn based ethanol is a joke. The crap slingers mentioned in that article must be getting subsodized too.

WASHINGTON N.C.. I TOO HAVE A BOATING PROBLEM
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wouldn't it be nice if during the race over half of the boats burned a piston.....?
    JOHN MASON
    '83/VECTOR/MERC 200-- SOLD
    '98 Quartershot T-3/ MERC 200

"If your not living on the edge, your taking up to much space"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this was like reading a politicians speech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    who ever is writting the checks is great!!!!

roy
    93 xr 2001 drag with a 15" drag
    92 xb 2002 comp with a 15" drag
    R.I.P. Phil "rpm racing" Watch over the rest of us my friend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This smells all the same of the Nascab horse sh*t as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WATERWINGS View Post
    wouldn't it be nice if during the race over half of the boats burned a piston.....?
    Well, not really, it ain't the racers fault. In stock class racing there sure as hell ain't about the prize money. It might be worth a chuckle or two when the promoters/sponsors/announcer have to back peddle :-0 Maybe Big Ethanol or the EPA will show up at the races and put up some sort of contingency money.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast