Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aksano F-13 questions

Anybody know about this little power cat? Max HP is 50 & I was wondering if anyone has been able to get this boat to plane off properly and ride properly? Years ago someone was working with one to overcome these issues but there has been no updates. I am looking for a small, low fuel consumption, fast boat that can hold 4 people legally. Any ideas?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw an article about law suit for transom problems/leaking a while back,don't know what came of that though,rare hull never saw one up close just on the computer.
    Gone*
    Glasspar G3*
    GW Invader*
    Allison SS2000*
    Allison XR 2002*
    Centurion Barefoot Warrior*
    Glastron CSS 16*
    1988 Viper/never rigged or wet*
    1988 Sanger Barefoot V4
    2000 Sea Ray 280SS cruiser
    Wooden 16 Adirondack Guide Boat
    Lowe fishin boat 6hp OMC
    1995 Donzi 22 Classic*
    1996 Donzi 22 Classic*
    Hydstm VooDoo*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fast boat, 13', 4 people, 50HP : impossible. You'll need at least 90hp & 16'...
    ARGO Cat 18'
    Mercury 2.4EFI/CLE
    ------------------------------------
    If it's not a cat it's a.............dog ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own an Aksano F18, and I did a lot of research on these boats before I purchased mine. I know that the F13 will top out around 45-50 mph (depending on the setup), but that was with the operator only, I have never read anywhere that the F13 would hit 50 mph fully loaded. That seems to be a bit of a stretch if you ask me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aksano F-13 Fast Kat

I picked up a 2007 F-13 Fast Kat form an old timer in Kentucky last August 2011 who got 3 of these from some dealer going out of business. He sold 2 of them locally and he told me they put Vintage 80 hp motors on them and they were screamers. The 3rd. one never saw the water but was slightly picked over so I bought it and brought it back to Racine Wisconsin where it got immediate attention. I threw an old 1981 25 hp Mercury 2 stroke on it and took it out on Lake Michigan with 3 adults and beat it. Motor was tired but the boat responded like, "Is that all you got?" I could definitly feel the potential of this boat flying threw the air from wave to wave. So Dec. 2011, I picked up a 2000 60 hp. Mercury Big Foot. It right now is at the marina where everyone is coming together with build ideas. I'll be back with comments come spring. One thing that I want to say about this water rocket is that its looking like it will do 1/1 ratio hp to boat speed. People can't believe there eyes... By the way, I am a Catamaran sailer(36 McGregor) and this was purchased as a tender. Ha-Ha-Haaaah....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Gunner23 - do you still own the Aksano? I am looking at a F18 with a 150 hp, if you have time for a few questions please e-mail or text scully1mark@gmail.com ph# 727.514.3004 Thanks Mark