Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2003 Mercury 115 Motor Mount

I've got a 2003 115 four stroke on my flats boat. I know it's not a go fast boat like most of the engines on this forum but this is where the Gearheads are! My lower motor mounts are shot and need replaced. The Yoke-Bottom (42961A06) also has some damage from bouncing around with the loose mounts. I'm trying to get the exhaust housing off so I can replace these parts and inspect the bottom of the pivot tube. Suspect it may have some damage because the retaining ring has dropped down and is sitting arount where the shifter shaft exits the Drive Shaft housing. I've removed the nuts on the six studs and the four bolts that go down through the exhaust plate into the driveshaft housing. It appears ready to drop down except the front corner is not coming down. There is a locator pin at that location and I've been PB blasting and heating but no luck yet. Is there a bolt I'm missing there and does anyone know if the housing will come down whithout pulling the powerhead? Thanks for any advice!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    powerhead must come off first..period..then you can deal with the adapter plate...then the mid-section...then the swivel pin..... a Honda is the only motor you start from the bottom and go up...every body else is from the top down....