Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mirage243 View Post
    Don't worry about the PM, it was Noah at Eagle One I'm sure............................... If it wasn't it the one Paul was talking about, I'm saying that he did it to me and many other S&F er's.
    Yep...............................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought hard about posting on this thread because face it. It's a crap shoot unless you know or someone knows the person you are dealing with.

I have conducted many transactions through Scream and fly both Buy and Sell. When buying or selling I always try to conduct business via PM. I also like to be able to speak with the person personally (so you can call me or I can call you). One can sometime pick up alot in a actual voice and conversation.

I have only been burned once on here and it was for several thousand dollars. Won't go into details but I decided not to post and call the person out. As in my case it probably wouldn't have done any good.

I do believe post count stands for something, posting who has ever dealt with ????? is also good. Knowing physical address is a plus as well as a phone number.

I have conducted business with people that have posted on this thread as a supporting vendor. And I would hope they will agree. I always conducted business in a professional manner. I would receive the product, perform the service and ship the item(s) back for inspection before expecting payment. If anything was wrong regardless of reason (mine or someone elses) I would/will redo the item for return shipping only.

I do believe in calling a person out if you were done wrong. But only after exausting all one on one efforts.
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would like to see a "good" guys listing for anyone wanting to do sales, vendor or private. This would be the easiest way and would be great for vendors and private seller/buyers. Get some legitimate complaints from more than one person and lose your standing on the list. Do several deals and not screw anyone, get some good rep, and get placed on the list. I believe the good guys list would be a long one... Bad guys would go away when it's difficult to rip someone off with out everyone knowing, and not dealing with them at all. This bad deal thing has been going on for a long time, years I guess. More people getting ripped by the same guys over and over is crazy..... Some one smarter than me needs to give some imput and help solve this problem...

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only person that can make that happen is Greg. Someone could initiate a thread and start the list. But most likely it would fade away in time unless it was made a sticky (again Greg). Also I believe in initating such a list could get into a very Gray area. Having a Good guy's list, OK, you do good you stay on the list. You do bad you're off. But a bad guys list? Thats extremely Gray looking at it from a legal point.

I totally agree with the theory though.

DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not saying use a bad guys list.... Just have to have a stable sales/purchase record to be on the good list.....Any one not listed as stable would have to earn their way on the list. No, long stories about how he said this and did that. No slander or defamation. Just a list that has sellers with a good track record that are known good guys to deal with. 99% of people on here would be able to get on the list.... It's the 1% that would have a problem with it, because of their dealings.... Just an idea that I thought might help, I really don't sell or buy much here. But I hate to see the, has anyone seen so and so.......He ripped me off.... Face it once you have been ripped, your recourse is very limited. So stop it before it happens....

Rebuild thread:
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got ya!!! PM Greg with the Idea. I as well as others i'm sure would support it.

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are plenty of sites that have a beware/stolen thread.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XstreamVking View Post
    Not saying use a bad guys list.... Just have to have a stable sales/purchase record to be on the good list.....I really don't sell or buy much here.
    Not going to happen. It is a moderation nightmare. There is no way to control the lynch mob mentality from those that just have to comment on things they have no knowledge of, and it can create liability issues if encouraged by the owner.

The most safe thing to do is do your homework. If someone is selling lots of things without registering as vendor you are dealing with someone who either has not reaad or does not understand the rules or is not honest. An old post some where by Greg or a moderator says that over half of the bad deal complaints here involve members who do not have the right status to be selling. Flipping without registering is dishonesty or either ignorance of post rules. It seems like those are easy to identify with a little homework. It would be interesting to know the number of bad deals that come from unregisterd flippers.

Could we get a unregistered flippers list instead?
    bama hama

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MercNuts View Post
    Not going to happen. It is a moderation nightmare. There is no way to control the lynch mob mentality from those that just have to comment on things they have no knowledge of, and it can create liability issues if encouraged by the owner.

The most safe thing to do is do your homework. If someone is selling lots of things without registering as vendor you are dealing with someone who either has not reaad or does not understand the rules or is not honest. An old post some where by Greg or a moderator says that over half of the bad deal complaints here involve members who do not have the right status to be selling. Flipping without registering is dishonesty or either ignorance of post rules. It seems like those are easy to identify with a little homework. It would be interesting to know the number of bad deals that come from unregisterd flippers.

Could we get a unregistered flippers list instead?
    THIS! Right on the money.

John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It appears that the best we can do for now, is to post the name of the person we are dealing with and see if there are any bad dealings someone has had, and cares to talk about.... If you have a good exp. with them, then def. post that up as well..... It's a start, and trust could be built on that... As time goes by, the bad deal threads could be a thing of the past....

Rebuild thread:
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bought quite a few things from some of the major Vendors on here and was incredibly pleased with what I received.

I then bought a Sportmaster Gearcase from a member on the buy/sell that was supposed to be perfect shape with only a "slight" twist in the driveshaft spline.

What I got was a straight skeg GC with a bolt on torque tab, and almost twisted off driveshaft and a broken waterpump plate. The piece of junk is still sitting in my workshop. Any time his name pops up selling something, his "prospective buyer" gets a PM from me....

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've ask Greg before about setting up a reputation thread or some form of rating for transactions done on S&F for all members, but he said it would be to much of a hassle to keep up. I personally don't think the the current "GREEN DOT" reputation works worth a damm, I mean really, it doesn't tell you anything. So my level is Bronze, so what, does that stand for tarnished........LOL. Ebay for what it's worth has it down good, you earn a feedback rating and then it's up to you to maintain it based on purchases and sales.

I've done quite a few deals here on S&F selling and buying and have no complaints (so far), always have had great honest people to deal with, guess I've been darn lucky so far.

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

WASHINGTON N.C.. I TOO HAVE A BOATING PROBLEM
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberator*21 View Post
    always have had great honest people to deal with, guess I've been darn lucky so far.

Yes you have.......
    JOHN MASON
    '83/VECTOR/MERC 200-- SOLD
    '98 Quartershot T-3/ MERC 200

"If your not living on the edge, your taking up to much space"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WATERWINGS View Post
    Yes you have.......
    , but we all know that even the most honest folks are gonna get banged eventually for something stupid. I try my best like others to give full details, pics and what ever else is relevant to show or explain what it is I'm selling and it's condition as most do. But there's always those that expect an item when fully described (as an example) Used 1996 Merc 225 EFI Saltwater Use w/750 hrs. to be like a brand new item when it arrives and bitch about it being scratched here and there or paint is faded even when it's called out in the description and shown in a pic...... those are the ones I could due without.

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Molé View Post
    we just have to weed out the crap,were getting closer every day...........................
    Thanks mate, I really appreciate your efforts. Roll on spring.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast