Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josh7_78 View Post
    I have spoken with Jim and I don't want to speak on his behalf, but I'm sure he will eventually chime in. What he's done with the company is his business, but what I can tell you he is on the right track and the New Hydrostream is looking great Is he making boats in the same factory as Stroker, yes. Are all build processes and manufacturing product and technique controlled by Jim, yes. So regardless of where the boats are built, Jim is making sure every one of them are personally to his standards. I look forward to seeing some new 2011 'Streams myself and I'm sure Jim will have his input on this as well.

The Venom is Jim's doing and he is full of knowledge about all of his new hull designs. The Venom hull is extremely cool to see and hear about, ESPECIALLY some of the numbers I've seen these boats putting down in 800'/1000' and in a Top End Shoot Out. It was designed to be one of the most stable, fast, and sweet looking 20' outboards out there and I'm sure a lot of Venom owners will agree. I personally believe this specific hull is capable of being one of the fastest V-Pad hulls on the market, and I'll say it, EVEN compared to an Allison.
    Great boat I agree, BUT don't look at one in the same garage parked next to an SS2000 (you'll puke) . And don't try to hit the big wake / super chop compared to the SS20000 NO WAY NO WAY !! Scott
    I'll be @ the bar ! & Listen to MORE Squarepusher !! Alcohol TYCOON !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Gilmore View Post
    Great boat I agree, BUT don't look at one in the same garage parked next to an SS2000 (you'll puke) . And don't try to hit the big wake / super chop compared to the SS20000 NO WAY NO WAY !! Scott
    I can't say in every aspect the Venom is a better boat, but I can say for drivability and top speed that it is a very tough competitor. Aesthetic aspects of the boat are of Hydrostream Contzen design and in my opinion look great, but I wouldn't mind seeing a more vintage style windshield. There has been a lot of work put in to the design of the Venom and I have not spoken with Jim about every aspect...and I'm not quite sure I would puke if I saw these boats next to each other. Rather, I'd be trying to get both of them to the boat ramp at one time to see how they really do line up.
    Hydrostream Owners Group

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josh7_78 View Post
    I can't say in every aspect the Venom is a better boat, but I can say for drivability and top speed that it is a very tough competitor. Aesthetic aspects of the boat are of Hydrostream Contzen design and in my opinion look great, but I wouldn't mind seeing a more vintage style windshield. There has been a lot of work put in to the design of the Venom and I have not spoken with Jim about every aspect...and I'm not quite sure I would puke if I saw these boats next to each other. Rather, I'd be trying to get both of them to the boat ramp at one time to see how they really do line up.
    I have (many times) & I'll stick with my story . Scott

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have (many times) & I'll stick with my story . Scott
    Fair enough...but can an SS2000 handle anything larger than a 2.5? I'm all about seeing some new technologies (E-Tec/Optimax XS) on something that could sway some opinions possibly. Until then, I will keep my eyes peeled and my ears open.
    Hydrostream Owners Group

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After seeing the interior of a Venom, I puke seeing the interior of any Allison....Thats a long overdue change that Allison appearently doesnt care about...imho....Both are great looking boats though without a doubt. Heres a side by side;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32454_403024366127_115919771127_4892808_3569675_n.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	225029
    Last edited by Speed Jr.; 01-09-2011 at 02:16 AM.
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Proud HydroStream Powertour Member

Current Ride - 2024 22 Liberator - 450R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Jr. View Post
    After seeing the interior of a Venom, I puke seeing the interior of any Allison....Thats a long overdue change that Allison appearently doesnt care about...imho....Both are great looking boats though without a doubt. Heres a side by side;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32454_403024366127_115919771127_4892808_3569675_n.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	225029
    I agree the seats are nicer. BUT you can't remove the covers like an Allison & I can't stand the molded individual rear seats in the Venom, not good for weight distribution. Plus with the Allison you can change from rear bench to single bucket in a few seconds. Scott PS that's a nice side by side did you win that race ?
    Last edited by Scott Gilmore; 01-09-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but Pipcorn built a $hit boat & had NOTHING to do with the design of the Venom. I'd leave his name out of this other than the Hydrostream trademark name , which I'm not sure he even owns anymore. Scott
    Scott, I agree..Pipcorn's build quality left alot to be desired..some boats were great, other's fell apart but it was Pipcorn's vision and ideas that got us to where we are today. You see more old Hydrostreams being ressurected than any other manufacturer and all the designs were fast and forward thinking for the day. I'd like to see Howard come to the table with new designs using todays manufacturing techniques! I'm sure some cool boats would come out of it..
    J-Town Hot Boat Team
    Barracuda 188CCR/Suzuki 140

Past Boats:
    Checkmate 2800SX/Twin Merc 250’s
    Checkmate Pulsare 2400/Verado 300
    Checkmate Starflite/Merc Pro XB250
    Canadian Edition Hydrostream AE-21/Merc 2.5
    Checkmate Pulsare 2100/Merc 225Xri
    Hydrostream Valero YT Bowrider/Merc 175
    Talon T-21/Mercury Racing 2.5 Carb
    Sleekcraft ModVP Bowrider/Evinrude 225 Vindicator
    Velocity 230/Mercury 454 Magnum
    Scout 172 Sportfish/Yamaha 130
    SeaRay F16 Jet boat/Mercury SportJet
    SeaRay 17' Seville/Merc I/O

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hydrostreams were boats when i grew up, and used them daily, i think i owned 5 of there models,between me and my buddy we owned all the models,problem was you could not keep a transume in them,busted all of them,then when i layed eyes on a XR2002 it was all over,and since have owned 13 allisons in which i have never broke are cracked a one of them,i was gonna have Jim build me a carbon fiber boat a few years ago,figured i would of had a chance at it not busting on me,but things changed and moved on,very good lookin boat and run equal with a good set up to a ss allison..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE View Post
    Scott, I agree..Pipcorn's build quality left alot to be desired..some boats were great, other's fell apart but it was Pipcorn's vision and ideas that got us to where we are today. You see more old Hydrostreams being ressurected than any other manufacturer and all the designs were fast and forward thinking for the day. I'd like to see Howard come to the table with new designs using todays manufacturing techniques! I'm sure some cool boats would come out of it..
    I agree about the old Streams, really cool designs way ahead of their time. But alot of the boats that left the factory never should have from a safety standpoint. They were just plain dangerous. I've heard some real horror stories from people that worked for Hydrostream !! Scott

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a stroker dealer and was at the factory friday. Chub is gearing up to begin production and already has orders to be filled for new streams.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another SS-2000 and Venom picture.
    Motor for motor drag racing, Andy Driver and I probably had more photo finish's than any other racers.
    I really shouldn't say motor for motor since he had one of Mercury's guru's wrenching on his and I was doing my own. The advantage I had was he was wearing his out testing while I was only testing at the races.
    Lee Sanderson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not too hijack the thread.. but lee how about we through that on the back of the Gambler and you take the xb??? lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear ya Tyler!
    Lee Sanderson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone please post some pics of the Venom interior.
    RIB Unlimited 600/Merc 150 ProMax ss
    Allison SS-2000/Merc 200xs ss
    Hydrolift T-17/Merc 200xs ss

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morgantwo2 View Post
    Not too hijack the thread.. but lee how about we through that on the back of the Gambler and you take the xb??? lol
    Don't get me talking about Gamblers...........
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast